The standup/clinch mentality in ufc reffing has to change

So yeah mostly it is usually fine. But Mirg definitely was calling it too early and was not letting Tyron work. Possible he was paid off to do that. Does seem shady. But Dan Mirg is one of the more retarded refs.
slightly off-topic but..... in my view there is no better all-round currently-active MMA referee than Marc Goddard.

(Of course Big John McCarthy too but currently he is not reffing at all, but being an analyst /commentator for Bellator).

Were you watching MMA back in 2011? Shit sucked. The sport was dying because of lay and pray. Guys like "Smoke break" Fitch and Jake Shields were killing the sport.

If real fighting sucks that much, I -- and 99% of other people -- don't want to watch real fighting. We ban all sorts of real fighting stuff like headbutts, stomps, biting, hair pulling, etc. I don't see how banning clinch holding and ground humping is any different.

underhooks is an advantageous position. If a fighter has underhooks, let them keep fighting. If the arms arent under the pits and its a straight up hug. then break it up. When a guy is going for a TD and his arms are wrapped around his waist trying to pull him down, let the fighter keep trying to take his down.

this is great. we have a) it was quick, but shrug, b) it was quick and that proves crookedness, and c) it wasn't quick.

a well balanced populace.

I question everything.

I look deeper into shit then those guys.

analyze the variables:
USADA is a Business
UFC is a business
Businesses do shady shit to make money
UFC and USADA are basically business partners
USADA controls the refs and the judges (could explain how Till got the dec over WB as well, so Till could beat Tyron after)
Its well documented that everyone in the UFC high ups wanted Woodley to lose
Dan was told to favor till in the exchanges

your analysis of the different perspectives just shows there are stupid fans and smart fans in mma.

I think there should be a "shot clock" like in the NBA. If fighters clinch and nothing is thrown, and no sub attempt is made, separate the motherfuckers.

I know that wrestlers/grapplers will hate this idea but lets get real here...the UFC, as well as a majority of their fans, do not want to see grappling chess matches. Also, with no clear definition of when fighters should be separated or stood up, it leaves it up to whim of the refs and that is never a good thing. It would enrage the old school fans and those who appreciate the grappling game, but it would be more honest and fair, as everyone would be on he same page.

I question everything.

I look deeper into shit then those guys.

analyze the variables:
USADA is a Business
UFC is a business
Businesses do shady shit to make money
UFC and USADA are basically business partners
USADA controls the refs and the judges (could explain how Till got the dec over WB as well, so Till could beat Tyron after)
Its well documented that everyone in the UFC high ups wanted Woodley to lose
Dan was told to favor till in the exchanges

your analysis of the different perspectives just shows there are stupid fans and smart fans in mma.
That’s not 4 examples.

And USADA does not control the refs and judges. You may question everything, but the answers you come up with are shit lol

No matter what... people will complain either quick or to long. Have to give the fighters time to work with offense or get out of the bad spot.

I never understood the "in a real fight" analogy, because MMA is not a "real fight".

If there is no action for around 30-40 seconds, I say break them up. No stalling for control time along the fence, if you have no intention of advancing position or landing quality strikes.

Back