The Spinning backfist, is it worth it?

WelltodoEagerDodobird.gif

As of 2019 and at the highest level ? Hell no. Maybe Tony or a hw can get away with it but other than that.... no.
Fatass confirmed. Is spinning back a special technique to you?

Dont be a dumbfuck. If you are going to throw spinning shit all over at the highest level you have a huge chance of getting countered and/ or getting taken down and beaten up. Ask Chris Weidman about it. That’s why i think its a bad idea, you leave yourself open to getting ktfo or taken down.

I can’t blame you , though. I could bet 100 bucks that you are an uncoordinated, untrained, fat slob who has never hit pads in his life.

it's effective sometimes but it's more used as a desperate move when all the rest doesn't work.
it's a difficult strike to time and 9 out of 10 times people throw it blindly.

what i have to say?
100% of mma fighters COULD easily (just by serious training with serious trainers and serious intentions) upgrade boxing fundamentals instead of going to some "exotic"/less orthodox hail Mary shots.

IMO
It’s not a desperate move you’re a dumb fatty. It’s a fast strike that’s hard for the opponent to see coming. You can always set up the spinning back with a round house kick because your body is already moving in the same direction. Fatass like you shouldn’t have an opinion on fighting techniques.

Dont be a dumbfuck. If you are going to throw spinning shit all over at the highest level you have a huge chance of getting countered and/ or getting taken down and beaten up. Ask Chris Weidman about it. That’s why i think its a bad idea, you leave yourself open to getting ktfo or taken down.

I can’t blame you , though. I could bet 100 bucks that you are an uncoordinated, untrained, fat slob who has never hit pads in his life.
Omg this special spinning back technique only works if you’re a heavy weight or tony omg dumbass. Spinning back is the easiest shit to throw. Also Chris weidman threw a kick youre moron learn the difference

Omg this special spinning back technique only works if you’re a heavy weight or tony omg dumbass. Spinning back is the easiest shit to throw.
Reading comprehension, develop it you fucktard. Ts asked if ITS WORTH IT not if its easy or hard. Its risky , that’s all I’m saying. Jesus H Christ.

Reading comprehension, develop it you fucktard. Ts asked if ITS WORTH IT not if its easy or hard. Its risky , that’s all I’m saying. Jesus H Christ.
Omg it’s so risky only tony or heavy weight can throw it omg if you’re a flyweight don’t throw it it’s too risky lil flyweights! This fat guy confirmed it!!!!!!

It's not that surprising. All these countless TKD/Shotokan black belts from McDojo's can't do a spinning backfist or a spinning heel kick and act like it's some crazy unique technique. Shouldn't be possible to get a belt promotion in TKD without being able to do both.

One of the bigger upsets was Newton throwing a spinning backfist and KOing King Mo. Moments like that make it pretty worth it.

It seems to very rarely work and not only do you leave yourself open but there is a high chance you'll break your arm. It seems like fighters rarely mention how they break their arms during their fights but it has to be one of the top causes. Felder ko'd Castillo with it but it's also likely how he broke his arm against Mike Perry, PVZ broke her arm throwing one and it might be how Mustafaev broke his arm as well.

I'm sure there have been many more examples of fighters breaking their arms attempting it. I feel like it's something you should only attempt if you know it'll land and land properly. Fighters just wing it out there like their arms are made of steel and nothing could go wrong. I feel like it's much more risky to the fighter throwing it than it is to their opponents but I could be wrong.
From what I've seen, it's absolutely worth it. It seems like guys rarely pay for throwing them. It doesn't seem to land with much success but when it lands, it appears to have significant impact most times.

I feel like the spinning backfist doesn't get countered enough, even at the highest level of MMA.

High Risk High Reward move. If you miss you are open for both strikes and takedowns.
2 thurs ago in sparring, I spun on a new fella (I know, I know, he's big tho, he'll be fine), and he simultaneously spun and spin elbowed me right in the muscles around my scapula.

Ho lee chit, that hurt. My shit is still knotted up...

So in short, NO, not worth it.

Back