The Spinning backfist, is it worth it?

It was a back elbow. Not spinning.
GrossAliveDevilfish-size_restricted.gif
sickle elbow

Brown over Faber is a really good reason not to try it.

Theres two way to throw it and I rarely get to see it done the right way.
Most of the time is a “Hail Mary” move when someone is losing or losing an exchange and they throw it, wildly, and most importantly blind, the fact that they do NOT have eye contact with the target area. That makes it a sloppy move and in karate tournaments “blind” techniques are not counted. They are sloppy if you cannot see what you are hitting and shows poor technique.

Now on the other hand, when some one spins, launches the attack, but keeps the head spinning so that they have eye contact with target before connecting, then thats clean.
Yeah most fighters throw it so wrecklessly.

Worked for Johnny Walker recently.

What i dont understand is fighters who EAT a spinning attack, then procceed to throw spinning shit right back

its because in their mind its like

As of 2019 and at the highest level ? Hell no. Maybe Tony or a hw can get away with it but other than that.... no.

it's effective sometimes but it's more used as a desperate move when all the rest doesn't work.
it's a difficult strike to time and 9 out of 10 times people throw it blindly.

what i have to say?
100% of mma fighters COULD easily (just by serious training with serious trainers and serious intentions) upgrade boxing fundamentals instead of going to some "exotic"/less orthodox hail Mary shots.

IMO

Brown over Faber is a really good reason not to try it.

Faber’s aggression was never the same after that fight.... He had many good performances, but I think that KO affected how he reacted to strikes for the remainder of his HOF career.

I say this as a big fan of the guy....

Its worth it. Until it isn't.
Is any punch worth it?
Every fighter has a plan until they get punched.
Every now and then you gotta throw some spinning shit.
sol47p.jpg

Anybody having the gif of the female "fighter" doing the helicopter?

Back