• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

The PC world seeks and destroys anything it can which does not conform. It really is a cancer.

Fucking laugh people. I like how Kimmel, Colbert, etc... can get all political, but when called out they claim, "I am just a comedian". That only works if you are a leftist comedian apparently.

Clown nose on... clown nose off.

Oh' my God, what don't you get?

HE DOESN'T FEEL BAD. HE'S NEVER FELT BAD. IT'S PHONY PANDERING TO A CULTURE OF DIPSHITS.

If you believe this is this first time he's ever heard this complaint, and that's why he's addressing it now, and you believe he really, really cares, and isn't just running damage control, before the SJW brigade turns on him, and not just one of his characters, you're delusional.

Funny exchange. I think the issue is that you're incapable of feeling empathy and can't imagine that anyone else can either, while Nac is a normal, well-functioning human.

When your characters are so out of touch, isn't it time to can the show? Don't let them go out like Archie Bunker with "very special episodes."

The thing with Apu is that other than his accent and working at a convenience store he didn’t really embody too many negative stereotypes about Indians, like being a cheapskate that always haggles and is constantly trying to rip people off.

I could see Indian viewers being irritated or offended at the portrayal of Hinduism perhaps, but honestly I don’t think he was ever cast in a particularly bad light. He was one of the nicer characters on the show that most people liked.

Funny exchange. I think the issue is that you're incapable of feeling empathy and can't imagine that anyone else can either, while Nac is a normal, well-functioning human.

I think you're trying too hard.

Simpsons lol. Trash.

Guy is a pussy btw. Made his money though.

I think you're trying too hard.

Meh. I'm trying to understand the discussion. If you think I missed something, maybe I didn't try hard enough. But that is what it looks like. You literally don't seem to be able to consider the possibility that Azaria has heard stories of kids getting bullied and felt like an asshole about it.

al-pacino-great-ass.gif

What a pussy.

Exactly.

The accent situation wasn't even in the original write up for the character, Azaria introduced it (and ad libbed the "Thank you come again" line) and the creators thought it was funny and modified.

Azaria, more than almost anyone else, is in a position to express a genuine opinion on how the Apu character's perceptions impact him.

But it's been like 30 years. Do you just see it as a coincidence that now in the ultra PC everyone is offended culture of the past few years is when he comes out with his brave new moral stance?

It was a go-to way to mock Indians in the 90's, everyone knows that. Why now? His conscience, really?
Why do people stick up for these Hollywood hypocrites that clearly do some of this stuff only out for publicity and going along with the prevailing winds and new Hollywood causes?

I didn't watch the Colbert interview clip or whenever he mentioned this, is the sheep audience giving him the nice applause that his brave new stance deserves? I saw a glowing article on Yahoo about it. What a good guy, 30 years later at the most convenient time to do this.

I think you also stuck for George Clooney and his pathetic extremely delayed excuse/talking points about knowing nothing about Harvey(or the parties with Italian PM and 15 yr old hookers he attended) as some brave stance.

Last edited:
Your whole thing here is championing/maligning race, be careful demanding other people stop. Its not OK just because you're on the other side.

This is just nonsense.

Meh. I'm trying to understand the discussion. If you think I missed something, maybe I didn't try hard enough. But that is what it looks like. You literally don't seem to be able to consider the possibility that Azaria has heard stories of kids getting bullied and felt like an asshole about it.

And in turn, it's totally out of the realm of possibility for you to believe he's full of shit.

I do so love these little talks we have, Jack.

Every. Single. Character. Is. A. Stereotype.

The fun police to the rescue as usual...

al-pacino-great-ass.gif

What a pussy.

Lol, I just watched the the other day. There were 2 lines my dad and I would quote in Pacino's voice after that came out. One was, "You could get killed walkin' yer doggie" and the other was the line he says in this clip.

People dont realize this but every day these liberals bomard with the phone calls, letters and emails demanding these things.

Every day. Non stop like robots.

They demand all these crazy PC things that are ruining the country.

Liberalism is a messed up movement

This is just nonsense.
No its not. You're the most SJW poster in this forum. 99% of your posts are about race, unfortunately they only seem to extend to one political party. I would respect it more if you were consistent.

Indian People : We find the character offensive.

Non Indian People: We are offended that you find the character offensive.

Exactly.

The accent situation wasn't even in the original write up for the character, Azaria introduced it (and ad libbed the "Thank you come again" line) and the creators thought it was funny and modified.

Azaria, more than almost anyone else, is in a position to express a genuine opinion on how the Apu character's perceptions impact him.

He had 30 years to realise whether or not the character was an overly negative portrayal. Every indian I know celebrates the Apu stereotype, same goes for other cultures made fun of on the Simpsons.

Back