The Silva that beat Forrest vs. anyone of any division...

I find that the Silva who beat Vitor was the best version. The last fight of his prime. Accuracy, speed, reflexes, mental strength and grappling were all at their best I believe, and he had a healthy amount of mind games instead of overdoing it and respected his opponent.

He's up there. In the conversation at the very least.
Very short list.

Even heavyweights... Was the Anderson Silva from that night unbeatable or the Jon Jones that decimated Shogun has a shot against him?

Griffin said was KO'd in training two weeks out from the fight and had a concussion. I'd tend to believe Griffin as even though he joked about how awful a fighter he was, he was knocked down by a jab while Silva was going backwards - which Rogan called "embarrassing" (let's see you in there, mini Dana)

That would make sense to what at the time, was an odd fight. But concussed or not, I think Silva still would have beat him.

Silva is vastly over rated as a striker, anyone who would feint or make him lead rather than just running at him or stannding still in front of him gives him trouble. As a counter fighter he was far ahead of his time but look at the maia or leites fights he was poor against people that made him lead

Even heavyweights... Was the Anderson Silva from that night unbeatable or the Jon Jones that decimated Shogun has a shot against him?

The Cain of the 3rd JDS fight beats anyone else who has ever fought in the UFC.

Yeah, that Forrest was leaving no openings and looked highly confident.

Anderson had to reach deep into his tool box to stop that fight.

Silva is vastly over rated as a striker, anyone who would feint or make him lead rather than just running at him or stannding still in front of him gives him trouble. As a counter fighter he was far ahead of his time but look at the maia or leites fights he was poor against people that made him lead

What you're saying = popular myth 101.

Silva was sensational for the first 3 rounds vs Maia before he started dicking around stupidly.

Stop repeating stuff you hear and re-watch that fight.

Cain, DC, Stipe, Brock, maybe even Carwin could wrestlefuck him, prime Fedor could also beat him and probably many HWs would have a good chance.
In a 5 round fight, that Anderson kills Cormier in the champ rounds

What you're saying = popular myth 101.

Silva was sensational for the first 3 rounds vs Maia before he started dicking around stupidly.

Stop repeating stuff you hear and re-watch that fight.
I confess i havent watched that fight in a long time but are you really trying to tell me you think silva was a great forward moving striker rather than a decent counter striker looking good against mediocre competition?

Honestly I don't give a f*** about goat talk and this thread but men I could probably watch Andy every week. When he fights you know that something crazy is going to happen. Silva is a showman.

DC still beats him with ease. Just a terrible stylistically matchup

Silva's win was impressive but I think Forrest was off his game

That wasn't Anderson Silva, that was Neo from The Matrix posing as Anderson Silva.

The Anderson that fought Forrest looked so good because...
He fought Forrest.

Full Ninja Matrix Anderson vs 2006 OWGP CC

Ubereem kills him....not many fighters I would take over Ubereem and none that fights at 205.

I confess i havent watched that fight in a long time but are you really trying to tell me you think silva was a great forward moving striker rather than a decent counter striker looking good against mediocre competition?

Re-watch it. It's a stellar performance till he gets bored and decides to start goofing around.

I'm telling you that Silva at his best was an elite all-round striker who could go forward with great effectiveness whenever he felt it was the smart move.

Ask yourself how often he lost rounds when he fought on the front foot. He was always winning, even if it wasnt as explosive as when he walked people onto shots. If he "couldnt fight" going forward, he'd have been losing those fights when he did so. But he was always dominating them.

And do you want me to list rounds where Anderson was very aggressive, rampaged forward, lead the exchanges, and lit his opponents up like Xmas trees?

Back