• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
What about your experiences in life would make you think Kavanaugh doesn't have something, that if people knew about, would ruin his chances?

If someone put a microscope with near unlimited resources on your life, how would you fair?

I can tell you, I wouldn't fair well, and this is why I would never run for office.

Nothing about my experience is relevant to Kavanaugh. I made that clear. I am not inclined to believe or disbelieve him. I don't know him. If he is not confirmed, there are other good conservative judges.

My point is that these accusations are very weak. Indeed, Ford's has been denied by the people she says witnessed it. What my experience tells me is that the motive here is obviously politics, not justice. If and when a credible and confirmable accusation is made that Kavanaugh is some sort of sexual predator, I think he should step down. In the absence of that, the proceedings should, ahem, proceed.

The Democrats might have the votes to back their gameswomanship here. If Collins/Murkowski/Flake decide to cave in, Kavanaugh doesn't get through.

If they cave, then they(at least Collins and Murkowski) might as well change their affiliation to Democrat 'cause anyone that believes this garbage deserves to fraternize with garbage.

The part of the Farrow piece that was most interesting to me was the allegation of Kavanaugh's former roommate. I guess the guy is now a tech CEO. He says it was common for Kavanaugh to be shitface drunk. To me, that has some credibility and changes my perception of Kavanaugh a bit. Obviously, it doesn't mean Kavanaugh is guilty of the behavior alleged by Ford/Ramirez.

The problem, though, with that is if his former roomate is Politically motivated by saying that....

Maybe he has a personal ax to grind with him? I would take this with a microscopic particle of salt.

Besides, as you said, being drunk does not prove this "Debbie" accuser's assertion.

Nothing about my experience is relevant to Kavanaugh. I made that clear. I am not inclined to believe or disbelieve him. I don't know him. If he is not confirmed, there are other good conservative judges.

My point is that these accusations are very weak. Indeed, Ford's has been denied by the people she says witnessed it. What my experience tells me is that the motive here is obviously politics, not justice. If and when a credible and confirmable accusation is made that Kavanaugh is some sort of sexual predator, I think he should step down. In the absence of that, the proceedings should, ahem, proceed.

I guess my point is, does it matter?

If it was up to me, I would only judge people on their ability.

I have skeletons in my closet. I don't like to judge people, as I wouldn't appreciate the same. None of it really matters to me. If their was evidence of this, it wouldn't really effect my opinion.

If I were to oppose Kavanaugh based on tangible things, it would be based on his judicial opinions, not whether he sucked off his 12 year old scout buddy, before they got their camping badge.

Another thing: why would Kavanaugh have an intact calendar from 1982? I was in here questioning Ford's "therapist notes" from 2012, so I'm certainly going to be extra skeptical of the calendar.

Maybe he kept it as a Keepsake from his early years?

That does not prove anything.

He just so happened to have it and is using it to help defend himself. Nothing wrong with that.

If they cave, then they(at least Collins and Murkowski) might as well change their affiliation to Democrat 'cause anyone that believes this garbage deserves to fraternize with garbage.
If they cave this will be the dems go to move from now on

Only in politics. If this, exact, scenario were going down in a civil or criminal court anywhere in the U.S every poster on this board would be calling for the accusers to be put UNDER the fucking jail.

On motivation: Why do soldiers fight and die for their country? They have much less to gain than these politically motivated dick bags. Just check GFM. Not to mention the activist street cred.

The problem, though, with that is if his former roomate is Politically motivated by saying that....

That's unfair. You gotta take it at face value. You can't just assume anyone lending any sort of credibility to Kavanaugh's behavior is politically motivated. That goes both ways. You could easily say the people backing him up are compromised with their political ideology or association with Kavanaugh.

Another registered Democrat who suddenly remembered a traumatising experience 35 years on? Couldn’t be....

Their needs to be a cost for what they did, by any means necessary. If they hired the CIA to assassinate Kavanaugh, I would support it.
You're supporting someone being put to death over a disagreement on political procedure.

It's safe to say that you've taken your political tribalism to an unhealthy level.

When you were confronted about this disgusting statement:

You're a sick bastard, you know that?

You doubled down:

Sorry, shed all my tears for bobby and John brah.

You need to take a break from exchanging ideas in the public square, and seek professional therapy.

You're supporting someone being put to death over a disagreement on political procedure.

It's safe to say that you've taken your political tribalism to an unhealthy level.

When you were confronted about this disgusting statement:

You doubled down:

You need to take a break from exchanging ideas in the public square, and seek professional therapy.

So am I a truther when I say both the Kennedy's were assassinated, and not killed by lone wolf's?

Because with your post history spouting Trump supporting conspiracies that would be funny.

Like I said, lines were crossed long ago.

I'm just gonna leave this here. Some things Republican's have said about rape in the past.

41900369_10156582352039463_7429595146297016320_n.jpg

Give the GOP this: they know who they are speaking to...

I'm just gonna leave this here. Some things Republican's have said about rape in the past.

Let me ask you this, do you see anything at all wrong with lending credibility to unsubstantiated claims of rape/sexual assault, being used to ruin peoples' lives?

Would you hold the same standard of belief to any other type of alleged crime?

You know rape has an actual meaning

I think Garland would have been confirmed.

To my knowledge the right is pretty respectful in comparison on Supreme Judges as of the last few decades.

No Bork'ings.

They’re respectful, but there was plenty to dislike about Garland. He’s basically the anti-Kavanaugh in terms of administrative authority.

Let me ask you this, do you see anything at all wrong with lending credibility to unsubstantiated claims of rape/sexual assault, being used to ruin peoples' lives?

Would you hold the same standard of belief to any other type of alleged crime?
I see nothing wrong with investigating whether or not accusations of attempted rape are credible, no.

This should really be a no-brainer. In 1991 it took the FBI three days to reopen Clarence Thomas' background check and complete and investigation after Anita Hill's accusations.

Clarence Thomas is currently the longest serving member of the SCOTUS. Has his "life been ruined"?

I doubt it's a "calendar" like we're thinking. I think it's a detailed day planner of sorts, as opposed to a wall calendar.

It's weird to me that he would have a 35-year-old, detailed day planner.

Back