The Seagal hate

Can someone explain to me why just about everyone on Sherdog craps on Steven Seagal when he helps a fighter out? I don't think any other Martial artist from a single disciple gets treated as disrespectfully as Seagal does by the MMA community. Gene Lebell (legit Judo artist) gets nothing but love for helping out fighters, so does Joe Rogan (legit TKD artist) but yet Seagal who is a legit Martial Artist gets so much hate when he tries to help out fighters. What's even crazier is that several fighters have already come out and said that Seagal was a useful teacher. So why doEs the MMA community continue to disrespect and dismiss Seagal? I think we need to chill out in the MMA community with the Seagal hate, it's making us look uneducated and narrow minded.

Anderson said he didn't train him
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/12/4723850/anderson-silva-distance-steven-seagal-training-ufc-168

Aside from teaching mma fighters "deadly moves" a lot of people say that Seagal acts like an arrogant Douchebag and hurts people on movie sets.

This was what happened when Aikido met a real martial art (wrestling):

[YT]PLP_DInpPHE[/YT]
Fukking rekt. That guy is a beast though damn.
I like how he keeps trying to confirm: no striking, just wrasslin, but they all only speak vietnamese so he has no idea if the guy is going to punch him or not lmfao.

I don't know. If I was a fighter I'd be psyched to do a session with Seagal. Firstly just for the nostalgia and fun factor, but also you have to be curious what kind of off-the-wall traditional ma techniques might actually work in competitive mma. There's been a first time for everything, like the Showtime kick.

I don't know. If I was a fighter I'd be psyched to do a session with Seagal. Firstly just for the nostalgia and fun factor, but also you have to be curious what kind of off-the-wall traditional ma techniques might actually work in competitive mma. There's been a first time for everything, like the Showtime kick.

Right on....

He's a legitimate artist sure. But watch what Bas says about akiado and do some searching 7 kids with 4 women, many unsavory sexual harassment allegations against him. I'm not sure if he's a decent guy.

Really you love this guy or what dude its not the 90s anymore.

It seems the people here with no fight experience think seagals aikido has something to offer mma.

Fukking rekt. That guy is a beast though damn.

LOL, any real martial art would look beastly against Aikido.

Here is a video of another Aikido guy who got wrecked by a Judoka.

I like how he keeps trying to confirm: no striking, just wrasslin, but they all only speak vietnamese so he has no idea if the guy is going to punch him or not lmfao.

I think they had a translator sitting at the top left low :icon_lol:.

That's some really awkward flirting.

anigif_enhanced-1995-1397238284-4.gif

Last edited:
Judo, karate, and Tae Kwon do were all bullshit martial arts too before they werent. Mma fans just try to be all better than everyone too. Being closed minded is harmful to the sport. People always think they have all the techniques figured out and that anything they havent seen doesnt exist or doesnt work.

I mean, i always thought jumping kicks were just for van damme and karate kid movies too. Until machida and pettis made me rethink it.

I also thought spinning shit was fancy for movies but with no substance too. Until i saw bones fuck plenty of "top mma fighters" with them.

But then i was like ok, spinning backfists and elbows may work, but no way do those spinning kicks work. Then i saw edson barboza knock a guy out with one. Then cung le does spinning shit constantly and fucks dudes up!

Then i thought sure maybe those regular spinning kicks work but not those ridiculous capoeira kicks. They
were just bullshit dance fighting crap. Then i saw some dude do like 3 spins and knock a guy out with it.

So then i go to a kung fu class and saw some bullshit instructor teach some upward elbow while his student stood there and took it. Im like no way does that work on a pro fighter who is in his stance and ready for it. Then anderson silva does that shit to a seasoned vet.

But then i realized that those aikido tosses and misdirection throws would never work in a real fight...to be continued...

My point was the reason why fighters dont do that aikido shit is because they dont fucking try. They train almost 100% on the shit they already know. So thats why u dont see it as often.

Could you imagine if some tough guy who trains UFC saw machida or his brother at the beach practicing his kata and started shit with him?

But bet your fucking life when someone catches a punch and throws a guy down really hard twisting his shoulder and ending the fight, then people will start respecting aikido.

The thing about seagal is cause he's an actor and an asshole of sorts.

Even though I laughed, it's like you're not even trying here.

Other than the constant records of him being a douchebag to everyone around him constantly, I think I'll take that he spends his life devoted to a mystic hoo ha martial art, but used it to beat his wife. I think that's plenty.

He's a legitimate artist sure. But watch what Bas says about akiado and do some searching 7 kids with 4 women, many unsavory sexual harassment allegations against him. I'm not sure if he's a decent guy.

Classic. 2 examples of the blind choosing to totally disregard factual evidence by pigeonholing and trivializing it with corny labels like domestic abuse, sexual harrasment, etc. The guy proves his art works and you and your ilk say "not good enough! Demo it on more people!" like the bloodthirsty savages you are. And he does. 20. 40. 60. Infinity. And now it's too much. Now he has to actually kill somebody on live television to get his credibility back. You people and your insatiable predilections are what is the problem. Just Bleed indeed.

^ Bearknuckle,

Don't lump Judo into the same category as the other martial arts.

Judo is real, because their techniques are constantly tested in real sparring and full-contact competitions.

Back