The Seagal hate

Could you imagine if some tough guy who trains UFC saw machida or his brother at the beach practicing his kata and started shit with him?

But bet your fucking life when someone catches a punch and throws a guy down really hard twisting his shoulder and ending the fight, then people will start respecting aikido.

The thing about seagal is cause he's an actor and an asshole of sorts.

isn't aikido mostly small joint manipulation?

That stuff isn't allowed in the ufc.

^ Bearknuckle,

Don't lump Judo into the same category as the other martial arts.

Judo is real, because their techniques are constantly tested in real sparring and full-contact competitions.

Wait, so theres no full contact in TKD tournaments, because i swear i saw a ton of KOs back when i did TKD. Karate has competitions too.

But does anyone remember how much hatred and disrespect TKD and karate got in the old days?

Wrestlers had to learn to defend subs, bjj guys had to learn strikes, and strikers had to learn to grapple.

isn't aikido mostly small joint manipulation?

That stuff isn't allowed in the ufc.

They arent ALL small joint manipulation. Some throws are like judo-ish, some are shoulder lock throws and sweeps.

Also, just because a lot of the techniques used are illegal in the UFC doesnt mean they are "BS martial arts". Thats whats wrong with mma fans, they disrespect anything that isnt MMA. Last i checked, those deadly moves like striking the back of the head, groin strikes, eye gouges, finger breaking and throat strikes were banned. Theres more to the martial arts world than mma kids. Mma just happens to be the closest thing to real fighting. But it still isnt 100% real fighting.

Whether he "helps" any of those fighters is questionable, but what annoys me is that he tries to take way too much credit. He taught Anderson Silva how to throw a front kick? Yea, OK. I learned that on day 1 of TKD.

And if you watch his interviews where the interviewers ask him to elaborate on how he helps fighters, he is evasive with his answers. It's obvious, at least to me, that the whole thing is just a publicity thing or whatever. Not legit training.

Last edited:
Whether he "helps" any of those fighters is questionable, but what annoys me is that he tries to take way too much credit. He taught Anderson Silva how to throw a front kick? Yea, OK. I learned that on day 1 of TKD.

See thats what you guys are misunderstanding and i would be upset too.

What seagal was saying is that anderson throws it slightly different and machidas dad throws is slightly different, but he gave a few pointers on it to anderson.

Sort of like charles barkely on the sidelines telling kobe to come off that screen and shoot that 18 ft jumper because its there. Kobe comes out in the 2nd half and does it effectively. Barkely didnt teach kobe the jumpshot, he just saw something that maybe kobe didnt see or just gave some uselful tips.

Machida and anderson have both said that seagal has worked with them, he is not their master or made them what they were, but he has helped them. People act like seagal has to teach them some never before seen move in order to get credit for helping them.

Judo, karate, and Tae Kwon do were all bullshit martial arts too before they werent. Mma fans just try to be all better than everyone too. Being closed minded is harmful to the sport. People always think they have all the techniques figured out and that anything they havent seen doesnt exist or doesnt work.

I mean, i always thought jumping kicks were just for van damme and karate kid movies too. Until machida and pettis made me rethink it.

I also thought spinning shit was fancy for movies but with no substance too. Until i saw bones fuck plenty of "top mma fighters" with them.

But then i was like ok, spinning backfists and elbows may work, but no way do those spinning kicks work. Then i saw edson barboza knock a guy out with one. Then cung le does spinning shit constantly and fucks dudes up!

Then i thought sure maybe those regular spinning kicks work but not those ridiculous capoeira kicks. They
were just bullshit dance fighting crap. Then i saw some dude do like 3 spins and knock a guy out with it.

So then i go to a kung fu class and saw some bullshit instructor teach some upward elbow while his student stood there and took it. Im like no way does that work on a pro fighter who is in his stance and ready for it. Then anderson silva does that shit to a seasoned vet.

But then i realized that those aikido tosses and misdirection throws would never work in a real fight...to be continued...

My point was the reason why fighters dont do that aikido shit is because they dont fucking try. They train almost 100% on the shit they already know. So thats why u dont see it as often.

Could you imagine if some tough guy who trains UFC saw machida or his brother at the beach practicing his kata and started shit with him?

But bet your fucking life when someone catches a punch and throws a guy down really hard twisting his shoulder and ending the fight, then people will start respecting aikido.

The thing about seagal is cause he's an actor and an asshole of sorts.

giphy.gif

the hell he didn't!! wtf Anderson??

[YT]Fyxe1PMXGBM#t[/YT]

its hilarious how he slaps his shoulder everytime he throws a punch or kick. understanding of its intricacies and effectiveness only come with the 7th degree.

its hilarious how he slaps his shoulder everytime he throws a punch or kick. understanding of its intricacies and effectiveness only come with the 7th degree.

xpjIivI.gif

Its clear Segal knows almost nothing about actual fighting lmao.
Watching him train Anderson and Machida is hilarious.

Yes they do but for some reason I always watch them when they're on tv. Dude never loses a fight in his movies (like irl)

[YT]Kg40m_G67ok[/YT]

This was so hilarious and so Steven Segal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back