• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The sandwich lover’s thread

cheese steak
Oh yeah... disclaimer on my statement above. I'm a sucker for a good cheese steak sammy. They aren't all created equal (not by a long shot) but if I'm ever in the area where they make the best onez... it's alwayz on my mind whether or not I'll stop for one.

Oh yeah... disclaimer on my statement above. I'm a sucker for a good cheese steak sammy. They aren't all created equal (not by a long shot) but if I'm ever in the area where they make the best onez... it's alwayz on my mind whether or not I'll stop for one.
Cheese steak loaded with caramelized onions. Oh yeah…

I do love a good sandwich. My go to spot is the deli of a small grocery store chain. They make incredible sandiwches for around $10.

Cheese steak loaded with caramelized onions. Oh yeah…
Oh hell yeah!!!
...a little jalopeno in there to give a sense (but not too much) of heat
...a surprising thing from one of the best in my area (2 million people city) is mixing in some cubed sweet peppers. I never would've thunk it, but man does that ad some joy to it!!!

I like a lightly toasted hoagie roll bread, & ALWAYZ extra cheese. White american seems to be a good one that blendz in magically, but there are other cheesez that are amazing too. A smoked cheese is an interesting addition.

Oh hell yeah!!!
...a little jalopeno in there to give a sense (but not too much) of heat
...a surprising thing from one of the best in my area (2 million people city) is mixing in some cubed sweet peppers. I never would've thunk it, but man does that ad some joy to it!!!

I like a lightly toasted hoagie roll bread, & ALWAYZ extra cheese. White american seems to be a good one that blendz in magically, but there are other cheesez that are amazing too. A smoked cheese is an interesting addition.
You’re making me hungry brother!

Tell you what? I didn't know Rubens or Cubans existed before moving to the US, they're flippin lovely.
Most Christmasses I make a pate which the leftovers go into a Bahn Mi which is a choice sandwich too.
IMO though, you can't beat a good proper Brit doorstop bread bacon sandwich. One side ketchup and one side hot mustard and a Brit brown sauce. It's my airport go to when I'm coming back from the UK.
Reubens and Cuban sandwiches are probably my top two favorites.

Edit: forgot brisket poor boy for three-way tie

Last edited:
I'd say the Reuben is probably my favorite followed by a brisket poor boy
photo1jpg.jpg

And Cuban sandwich
Cuban-Sandwich-Recipe1.jpg
Holy shit, I was about to like this post, then I realized it was mine.
tenor.gif

Greetings sherbros and shersis,

This thread is for all who appreciate a good sandwich. This is not a debate about which sandwich is the best, but rather a place to showcase what you think is a great sandwich.

I have so many favourites, but a Montreal Smoked meat on rye with mustard is a favourite of mine.

View attachment 847261

What about you? Please post a pic of your favourites or describe them.
Epic sandwich .I like roast beef.

Tommy Dinic's in Philly. Brisket sandwich with sharp provolone, broccoli rabe. Thank me later.

Apparently you can buy $2 bottles of Taco Bell chipotle, avocado ranch, baja in stores! Chipotle is not bad, like straight from Taco Bell drive thru. Squeeze bottles.

Greetings sherbros and shersis,

This thread is for all who appreciate a good sandwich. This is not a debate about which sandwich is the best, but rather a place to showcase what you think is a great sandwich.

I have so many favourites, but a Montreal Smoked meat on rye with mustard is a favourite of mine.

View attachment 847261

What about you? Please post a pic of your favourites or describe them.
My lawd that sandwich looks delicious right about now lol

banh me or philly cheesesteak, no other can contend. MAYBE french dip sandwhich with roast beef and bitchin dip!

Back