the sale of UFC is a bad sign.

You don't sell somehting if you think it is going to grow. you sell it if you think it is going to drop. WIth the USADA scandal, i doubt the fertittas had high hopes for the future.

honestly if ufc keeps going at this rate i doubt it will be around by 2020

That's not even slightly true. Many people cash out investments, not because they don't think it's going to grow, but because they have something better in mind (or they might just be tired of it)

The Ferttitas have cashed out in many of their ventures lately, or have at least consolidated what they have and minimized their personal exposure.

When this first was finalized someone around here made a good guess at what could be going on. Vegas is getting it's first major sports franchise and there has always been talk of them getting an NFL team. There's an outside chance the brothers want to make a bid to have that team, and having $4 Billion dollars on hand makes them a major player, as it will cost $1 Bil or more just to get the license from the NFL, but afterwards its seriously an ability to print money, as the NFL is almost a sure bet for even the crappiest of teams.

Only time will tell. A global entertainment co. Might be more adept at growing than Zuffa. Zuffa taking the safe cash smart they might not have the expertise , resources to grow at that rate plus the risks.

The gettin was good.

The UFC wasn't valued at anywhere near 4 billion until a group offered 4 billion. They got an offer they couldn't refuse.

You just made this up and it's completely ridiculous.

YouTube collapsed after the sale right?

That's true the house I bought immediately collapsed

Oddly enough, my wife and I bought our house in 2011 and the value has risen over 50% in the last 5 years.

Sometimes people sell their stake in a company because they've made a shit ton of money and it's time to cash out. Doesn't mean the company is going to dive - investors don't throw down 4 billion on a turd - it means the original investors want to take their profits.

UFC is dying, global warming and gloom n doom economics are on the way!

Oddly enough, my wife and I bought our house in 2011 and the value has risen over 50% in the last 5 years.

Sometimes people sell their stake in a company because they've made a shit ton of money and it's time to cash out. Doesn't mean the company is going to dive - investors don't throw down 4 billion on a turd - it means the original investors want to take their profits.

Yup, in all honesty I bought my house a year and a half ago and with the work I put into it, it's worth far more than what I bought it for.

Sold for 4 billion and Hunt can't even get compensated for being victim to attempted ass rape by roided hulk Brock. Dana is greedy as goofs can be.

When successful business men overpay for a product it usually means they know the product is on its way up

When successful business men overpay for a product it usually means they know the product is on its way up

Why would you sell soemthing for 4 billion if you think you;ll get 6 billion in 2 more years?

You don't, you sell it at 4 billion because you figure it will drop down to 2 billion, or 1.......

An up and coming investor might naievely think the ufc is onits way up.

There is no evidence that ufc is increasing in popularity.....quite the opposite.

Why would you sell soemthing for 4 billion if you think you;ll get 6 billion in 2 more years?

You don't, you sell it at 4 billion because you figure it will drop down to 2 billion, or 1.......

There is no evidence that ufc is increasing in popularity.....quite the opposite.
because they wanted to cash out. why do mlb, nfl, nba franchises get sold? they are all gold mines

"The USADA Scandal"????

Whats that then

You just made this up and it's completely ridiculous.

Care to elaborate on that more? Forbes had UFC valued at 1.6 billion. The idea that UFC could sell for 4 billion dollars was never even considered until rumors started going around that they would. 1.6 is nowhere near 4 billion as you know(or maybe not) the difference between 1-4 becomes rather large when we're talking billions.

The theory that the Fertittas were merely abandoning a sinking ship because of USADA, Reebok or whatever the fuck is completely made up and ridiculous. I merely said the 4 billion was a lot more than anybody ever thought the UFC would go for in the year 2016. The Fertittas don't sell for 2 billion even though that was probably more than the estimated value of UFC. Mayble not 3 because of what the future holds. 4...okay. I'd post links but it's pretty clear you have the internet as well.

The gettin was good. Fact and not ridiculous.

The Fertittas selling for 2.5 billion over estimated market value because they thought there was no future in it. Obviously that covers a lot of the future....and thinking USADA is a scandal when it's merely accomplishing what it was brought in to do. Made up..ridiculous.

Last edited:
"You don't buy something if you think it is going to drop. You buy it if you think it is going to grow". ;)

There were several huge bids from serious (investment) parties who normally know about business. Personally I believe the brand and the product is pretty solid. Not sure if it's really worth this crazy amount of money, but then again I know shit about investments like this. And selling it can have other reasons as well. Their profit is already amazing now. Maybe they are looking for a new "hobby".

http://www.5thround.com/176078/ufc-cracks-the-forbes-fab-40-with-1-65-billion-valuation/

Late 2014 the UFc was valued at $1.65 billion, so to get $4 billion was an offer they couldn't refuse.

I don't think it's just a case of them thinking the UFC had topped out, but MMA is a risk, someone could die and the sport could become banned again. An act similar to the Muhamed Ali Reform Act could be enforced. UFC could be hit with an antitrust lawsuit... the whole concussion thing could lead to massive payouts for former fighters or changes to the rules. MMA could take off in China and change the MMA landscape forever, top fighters could end up flocking to China for higher pay. The future of MMA and the UFC is not set in stone.

While it's true that MMA isn't increasing in popularity, stars like Ronda and Conor can still produce huge numbers for them... The main new owners are agents, they know how to build stars, how to get them on TV, how to get the media talking about them. They can do things that Zuffa couldn't do, they make stars for a living.

Last edited:
For sure it was an offer they couldn't say no to, it was more than the UFC is worth. IMO UFC worth way less than even 1 billion.

But I think new owners are thinking beyond MMA or else they never would have paid 4B because it just isn't worth it for the MMA aspect alone.

I think they are gonna run it like Disney runs things. Basically you have comics like Marvel and you make things outside of it like movies that make you money.

The UFC is gonna be run like that I think where MMA is just a small aspect of the UFC but they branch out into other forms of entertainment

Back