The sad truth about Tony vs Khabib

His "loss" to Johnson was a decision and he continued to fight two rounds with seriously broken arm that required plates in his ulna and radius to fix. MJ couldnt really beat a Tony with a broken arm and had to go to judges. If that barbarian with insane cardio as fight goes on doesnt give Khabib some fans some concern in a 5 fight they are delusional. Kinda like conor fans when he fought diaz 1 @ -400. I'd favor Khabib in 3. Not in 5 because he does slow compared tony. Everyone does even RDA who's noted for insane cardio as well.

Hopefully it happens. Khabib pulled Twice Tony pulled twice. Doesnt look promising.

Can't say I disagree with any of those points. Tony is a freakin beast evidenced just by the broken arm you noted, and that freak injury this last time out. While for others some of these injuries mean the end of their careers, with Tony he comes back just as good if not better. And doing so in less time than anyone predicted.

I will be rooting hard for Khabib but I think Tony's "unconventional approach" will be the wild card in the fight. But as you said, let's just hope it happens and "5th time is the charm." What genius thought it was a good idea to give them 5 months worth of opportunity, for one or both to do something or not do something, that cancels the fight?

If Kevin Lee was able to handle Tony in the beginning, then Khabib will logically be able to do much more.
The question is how long can he keep it.

I favor Khabib in that fight as I don't feel he's been dominating enough inside of his fights. By that I mean he showed too much openings for me to think that Khabib won't take advantage of it.

His "loss" to Johnson was a decision and he continued to fight two rounds with seriously broken arm that required plates in his ulna and radius to fix. MJ couldnt really beat a Tony with a broken arm and had to go to judges. If that barbarian with insane cardio as fight goes on doesnt give Khabib some fans some concern in a 5 fight they are delusional. Kinda like conor fans when he fought diaz 1 @ -400. I'd favor Khabib in 3. Not in 5 because he does slow compared tony. Everyone does even RDA who's noted for insane cardio as well.

Hopefully it happens. Khabib pulled Twice Tony pulled twice. Doesnt look promising.
I wonder why Tony declined his rematch opportunity with Michael Johnson.

Back