The sad truth about Tony vs Khabib

Remember when both guys actually fought on the same card? Khabib fought Conor and Tony fought Cerrone?

UFC is incredibly dumb for that, they should've surprised Khabib and Tony on the day of the event and made them fight eachother and have Conor fight Cerrone then we wouldn't have this Conor vs Cerrone farce now.
Probably the only way we would've gotten to see this fight.

Pettis? no Cerrone !

Regardless of the outcome that fight needs to happen no ifs ands or buts. Tired of cheap knock off opponent. Khabib vs Poirier is not khabib vs Tony, neither is Tony vs Pettis.

I think the two biggest issues for Tony is his tendency to do wild shit and take chances while also being incredibly comfortable off of his back. When you're fighting Khabib, someone who is incredibly consistent and methodical, those are the worst things you can do.

with all that being said, what is Khabib gonna do if his plan A doesn't work to either tire out Tony or get him in a dominant and vulnerable position. As strong and powerful as Khabib is, we really haven't seen anyone take Khabib past his plan A very often if at all. Meanwhile Tony has a plan A, B, C & D that can finish anyone at 155. In a 5 round fight I wouldn't be suprised if Tony has enough gas to withstand Khabibs onslaught and pull out a weapon X from his toolbox.

I am as big of a Khabib fan as there is...and I will for sure be rooting hard for Khabib

That being said, this is freakin "I kick steel poles, Tony." I don't think it will be nearly as easy as you guys are saying. Tony has not lost since the Michael Johnson fight all the way back in 2012. He hasn't given us any hint of slowing down and look how quickly he healed from the injury.... you can often tell how "young" an athlete's body feels, by how fast they heal from an injury. He also looked great against Pettis.

Either way, definitely can't wait for the fight...and for goodness sake...Please Please no one get injured or not make weight

Boring fights?

Khabib vs MJ (Narrated by Snoop Dogg.)

Khabib vs Iaquinta

Khabib vs Pat H (those slams)

Khabib vs Conor (The arena was on fire. That 2nd round was loud as fuck)

Khabib vs Barboza (would boring fight be mentioned by Rogan/Joeye Diaz)?

Khabib vs Abel (Every one of 21 Takedowns was getting the crowd exited. And he was on pre fucking lims)

Somehow one of the biggest draws in UFC is a boring fighter?
No one said boring

like I said I’m a fan and love watching khabibs fights

just because I said one fighter is much more exciting doesn’t make the other boring

I think the two biggest issues for Tony is his tendency to do wild shit and take chances while also being incredibly comfortable off of his back. When you're fighting Khabib, someone who is incredibly consistent and methodical, those are the worst things you can do.

Tony is comfortable on his back because of how good he is in that position.

When you're fighting Khabib, you're likely ending up on your back.
I'd pick the guy who's comfortable there over the guy who isn't.

Not being afraid to be on your back + throwing wild shit =
GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Tony is comfortable on his back because of how good he is in that position.

When you're fighting Khabib, you're likely ending up on your back.
I'd pick the guy who's comfortable there over the guy who isn't.

Not being afraid to be on your back + throwing wild shit =
GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

In this position, I still favor Khabib.

I can see Tony's length giving Khabib all sort of problem, as long as Tony is alert not to allow Khabib to pass his guard, he could tie him up and elbow him from the bottom, Tony should get in Khabib face at the center of the octagon and not let Khabib pin him to the fence, if he get taken down he will have enough space to work those elbows in or threaten the triangle choke.

I suddenly remembered that when Poirier guillotined Khabib, Javier Mendez response was to actually laugh at it lol

5 months to go,only almost half a year away. Can't wait!

Tony is 36 years old ... this aint HW MMA.

thats the biggest problem.
Tony is a bit different in that he’s known for being a year round workout nut that doesn’t really get out of shape and he’s also been very inactive in recent years so hopefully his mma shelf life is longer than most. I mean at 36 I haven’t seen him slow down yet

I suddenly remembered that when Poirier guillotined Khabib, Javier Mendez response was to actually laugh at it lol
Timestamp'ed

Another anecdote
I forgot which fights, it was probably during Khabib early years of his sambo's run, got caught with submission but refused to tapped, unable to escape, and so he stayed in the position locked until the end of the round.

Remember when both guys actually fought on the same card? Khabib fought Conor and Tony fought Cerrone (Edit: Pettis, whoops)?

UFC is incredibly dumb for that, they should've surprised Khabib and Tony on the day of the event and made them fight eachother and have Conor fight Pettis.
Probably the only way we would've gotten to see this fight.

......except contracts. lol

The sad truth is that this fight is 2-3+ years too late, in part because of Conor getting a completely undeserved shot and then not defending forever.

And also of course due to injuries, tiramisu, cables not being taped down, etc...

I am as big of a Khabib fan as there is...and I will for sure be rooting hard for Khabib

That being said, this is freakin "I kick steel poles, Tony." I don't think it will be nearly as easy as you guys are saying. Tony has not lost since the Michael Johnson fight all the way back in 2012. He hasn't given us any hint of slowing down and look how quickly he healed from the injury.... you can often tell how "young" an athlete's body feels, by how fast they heal from an injury. He also looked great against Pettis.

Either way, definitely can't wait for the fight...and for goodness sake...Please Please no one get injured or not make weight
His "loss" to Johnson was a decision and he continued to fight two rounds with seriously broken arm that required plates in his ulna and radius to fix. MJ couldnt really beat a Tony with a broken arm and had to go to judges. If that barbarian with insane cardio as fight goes on doesnt give Khabib some fans some concern in a 5 fight they are delusional. Kinda like conor fans when he fought diaz 1 @ -400. I'd favor Khabib in 3. Not in 5 because he does slow compared tony. Everyone does even RDA who's noted for insane cardio as well.

Hopefully it happens. Khabib pulled Twice Tony pulled twice. Doesnt look promising.

Back