The real reason there is no kung fu in mma.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
kung fu is for self defence in a real life and death situation. the techniques would be simply too violent for the public. the commission would outlaw them.

also. if kung fu fighters were allowed to try mma, every champion would be a lung fu fighter.. There is a conspiracy theory floating around that mma promoters will not sign kung fu fighters for fear of lack of diversity on the roster.

Only when Seagal decides to unlock the secrets can these deadly disciplines enter MMA.

the techniques would be simply too violent for the public. the commission would outlaw them.

This shit again?

When will this myth die?

There's no kung fu in mma because kung fu is a joke.

Troll attempt nice, but lacks subtlety.

Last edited:
Kung Fu training for the most part doesn't have gloves, sparring or enough practical application involved. There is lots of tradition that needs to get burned away and the mindset needs to move towards effective sports fighting. If those things happen then sure, it could be effective.

Ah yes.. the "too deadly for MMA" argument
Good troll

slEXhCv.gif

Once upon a time, Kung Fu was the difference between life and death on the battle field.

Just because today it's watered down and is irrelevant to organized professional fighting that is MMA, doesn't mean it wasn't important back in the days.

An analogy would be, the musket. Sure, it ain't shit against a modern machine gun. But back in the days it took nearly 50,000 casualties at Gettysburg.

Respect the musket. Respect the Kung Fu.

I don't know much about Kung Fu, but I do know that once everybody was kung-fu fighting.Those cats were fast as lightning, and in fact it was a little bit frightning.

They fought with expert timing, though.

Fucking Tito did it. I'm glad Eddie isn't afraid to speak the truth.

How can you poke someone in the eye, when you can't even punch them in the head?

Even the Chinese military who invented Sanda, looked at traditional Kung Fu techniques and thought "What a load of garbage".

Back