Media The Real Reason Strickland Beat Adesanya

Maybe Izzy just wasn't that great? He went life or death with Kelvin Gastelum, couldn't get anything done against Romero, and Whittaker arguably beat him in their rematch. I don't think he was ever as far ahead of the competition as people were acting like he was.

Maybe Izzy just wasn't that great? He went life or death with Kelvin Gastelum, couldn't get anything done against Romero, and Whittaker arguably beat him in their rematch. I don't think he was ever as far ahead of the competition as people were acting like he was.
Recency bias is a cruel mistress

lol you can see the image of the video distorting where the robot is. That's some photoshopped shit right there!

That's funny as shit. The real answer is pretty simple. Sean had a night where he could pull the trigger effortlessly and Izzy hesitated. Nothing more, nothing less.

And you know its legit because Sean fights UFC.

UFC AS REAL AS IT GETS!

There's already a "he was overrated" type of answer. You useless autistic sacks of lard are very predictable.

Last edited:
join date and stupidity of post checks out

I'm (obviously) not an elite world-class striker like Adenasya, but I'm struggling to see how you can mentally recover from getting pieced up by someone like Sean Strickland, lol.

Yikes.

Everyone has a bad night.
The fact that Alex probably broke down every trick/tactic/nuance that he'd use(d) to beat Izzy definitely didn't help.

If it's me, I show me getting starched and pointing out exactly why I shouldn't have overextended and rushed the finish, etc...
I'm (obviously) not an elite world-class striker like Adenasya, but I'm struggling to see how you can mentally recover from getting pieced up by someone like Sean Strickland, lol.

Yikes.

I imagine that there's something to be said for Izzy presumably underestimating the champ that way.

That's funny as shit. The real answer is pretty simple. Sean had a night where he could pull the trigger effortlessly and Izzy hesitated. Nothing more, nothing less.
So true, I think the true test is whether he can repeat it. I don't see him having a long reign, but I cannot pinpoint an exact reason (I do question his discipline too, but I could be wrong on that).

He is an intelligent fighter who had a bad night. Izzy is an incredible fighter.

That’s ridiculous. Robots don’t move that fluidly.

Back