THE question for loyal Conor fans: Is Conor truly motivated for one more run?

Young enough? Guy looks like he's in his mid 40's already and no he doesn't have the skills, hungry or not. Fighting undersized manlets at FW isn't the same ballpark as LW.

LW Dustin K'sTFO Conor 10/10.
yeah youre unbiased

Conor's KO of dustin was a fluke shot behind the ear so your whole post is rendered null and void and the true best fighter won in the match we just seen.

Mentally he still wants it. But he isn't hungry anymore and I think the family life made him less aggressive. That could also be to his recent losses changing his aura as a fighter, but I also think the family man and comfortable Conor also plays a role in that. To me it always seemed like what happened in Rocky 3. That's the part that Conor is in with his career right now, we'll see if he can finish strong like in the movies and win the trilogy.

Doesn't seem like he's training like he used to or push himself as hard. He seems to mentally break a lot quicker in his fights. He was more durable before and now he starts folding once the fight starts to slip from him. He used to smile and laugh when he got hit and now he looks worried about getting stopped every time he gets hit hard.

This very good point that I haven't thought of. Conor used to have a heck of a chin and he wasn't afraid of getting hit at all.

Conor's social media account posting advertisements for his whiskey doesn't mean he isn't training right now.
Maybe. But let's use the past as a blueprint. Whenever we hear about Conor 6.0 or 9.0 or "_.0" it is shoved down our throats. Unless he is doing a complete about face, he isn't shoving it down our throats this time. It's pretty baffling. And he is spending as much time on twitter trolling and fighting again as before. So the logical thing to think is that he really isn't training as hard as he should be and has convinced himself that the catered sparring sessions in Abu Dhabi intertwined with Proper 12 meetings is all he needs to win this next fight. As someone who wants him to get starched, it's a bit frustrating because there is an easy built in excuse already. He has a paper trail to show he didn't take this fight seriously (so far)

I highly doubt it. Does that mean he can't win, no.

But there is simply no way he is as focused the same way he was years ago, impossible.

he was selling Conor/Dustin 3...lol
so dustin says he was hurt by a guy who's knocked him out before and it's all just fight selling? i should have known. dustin has historically been an extremely shrewd fight promoter. do you think he's capable of slowing down? as compelling as he was during the 257 build up, he's already poised to top this magnum opus. how's that fucking possible?
raw

NOPE.

He's sleeping with silk pajamas, it's hard for him now to wake up at 4 AM to train with 90M on the bank. Also the fact he wnet to boxing by sheer shit talk and wasted 2 years without looking what's on the mma meta game.

Difficult to say if he's hungry enough to win a belt again. The whole boxing thing took something away from him.

Depends on the opponent. If Conor fights someone like Cowboy, he can win and regain some confidence...and he'll probably fight half a dozen more times. But, if his next fight is against Poirier, then he will get KTFO by the superior fighter (again), lose all confidence, and retire.

Jarl

Depends on the opponent. If Conor fights someone like Cowboy, he can win and regain some confidence...and he'll probably fight half a dozen more times. But, if his next fight is against Poirier, then he will get KTFO by the superior fighter (again), lose all confidence, and retire.

Jarl

where were you man, it's not if, it's happening

Is it a question of ego? Conors so much fun to have in MMA. But I’m not sure if him being motivated makes him beat the top guys at 155. I think years of partying have just caught up with him.

I don’t get this at all. What is so “fun” about Conor? That he talks shit in a goofy accent? That he was given an easy ride to two belts, that he refused to even attempt to defend? Sorry, but he’s the opposite of everything that is actually good, and fun about the sport, if you ask me.

I don’t get this at all. What is so “fun” about Conor? That he talks shit in a goofy accent? That he was given an easy ride to two belts, that he refused to even attempt to defend? Sorry, but he’s the opposite of everything that is actually good, and fun about the sport, if you ask me.
It’s the fact that he annoys people like you so much that make him so fun to support. Also the fact that he never has a boring fight.

He’s never been in a boring fight and very few boring press conferences. I get it though, some ppl do t like his character. To each their own.

Back