Elections The post Roe v Wade reality for women in Texas

Why doesn't she just fly to another state?
Some states have laws that you get arrested for doing that and also arrest anyone transporting you.
Some states with no exception policies, Doctors are fleeing so if you have a birth that needs a good Doctor to help save the baby, well good luck because most of the good Doctors have hauled ass. The Brain drain will be interesting to see in about 10 years.

The legislature. There's basically zero chance a referendum happens like in Kansas or Ohio because that requires 2/3 of the legislature to approve it in Texas. Since the Texas legislature is dominated by Republicans they'll never take the chance of letting it come up because they know they'll lose. Especially the more stories like this keep popping up.

There seems to be a disconnect between Republican party leadership and actual Republican voters in regards to this issue.

I wonder what would have happened in 2022 if a handful of GOP House candidates would have said "Personally, I oppose abortion. But, I understand for issues like this, we can't think in absolutes. Therefore, I will vote to protect access to abortion for specific conditions such as..."
I wanted to mention that a referendum did actually happen in Ohio. The people voted to amend the state Constitution to include a right to abortion.

The Republican legislature is currently trying to figure out a way to not abide by what they voted on. I wish I was making that up.

I wanted to mention that a referendum did actually happen in Ohio. The people voted to amend the state Constitution to include a right to abortion.

The Republican legislature is currently trying to figure out a way to not abide by what they voted on. I wish I was making that up.

Vote for loons, get loons undermining you.

The fucked part is that Ohio is one of the worst gerrymandered states in the country, so it’s extremely difficult for people to shift the power elsewhere. I’m going though the same shit in Wisconsin where I live.

That sucks... so there's half a chance they boot the Republicans out of those states without gerrymandering, or no?

god isn't real to begin with so it has nothing to do with a fairy tales "will."

Love how the right to kill unborn kids is of so importance to the Democrat party. You know the party that wants to ban guns because they kill people.

Some states have laws that you get arrested for doing that and also arrest anyone transporting you.
Some states with no exception policies, Doctors are fleeing so if you have a birth that needs a good Doctor to help save the baby, well good luck because most of the good Doctors have hauled ass. The Brain drain will be interesting to see in about 10 years.

How could the state possibly find out if you flew to another state and got an abortion?

I suspect that many pro-abortion doctors would be biased when determining the viability of a pregnancy. It can become a slippery slope to permit abortion in certain scenarios, but I do feel that there are a very limited set of circumstances wherein an abortion may be permissible morally - so I leave that door somewhat open, given the situation is dire enough.

But let's not pretend that this is anywhere close to the norm. The vast majority of women are just doing it out of convenience, and those people are morally defunct (along with those who support it).

Yeah, I tend to agree it's at best morally questionable. I don't know if government intervention is the answer, but there certainly has to be some limitations. Most reasonable people I can get to agree that there's a "moral time zone" with abortion that they would find acceptable. Like, 0-20 weeks, for example.

So you're of the opinion this woman should be forced by the government to carry a fetus with a fatal genetic disorder to term?
Well I don't believe in abortion except for rape or mothers health ... however I respect free agency a person's right to choose. I just do tvthink it's nearly as a important issue as the left makes it out to be. And the Hyporicy here is rather hysterical. We want our right to kill unborn kids ........ we want to ban guns so babies don't die <Dany07>

Well I don't believe in abortion except for rape or mothers health ... however I respect free agency a person's right to choose. I just do tvthink it's nearly as a important issue as the left makes it out to be. And the Hyporicy here is rather hysterical. We want our right to kill unborn kids ........ we want to ban guns so babies don't die <Dany07>

This case is exactly about the health of the mother. This thread has nothing to do with guns.

Its just another gotcha moment from the liberals. I guess she'll have to commute somewhere else for her abortion. I hear they set up a satanic abortion clinic in New Mexico. Maybe she can go there.

abortion should be illegal everywhere, its barbaric, nasty, stuff

As if forcing birth is any less barbaric and nasty

So the foetus isn't going to survive and the girl is at risk of impotence or death?

Sounds like a good reason to abort...

Not if you're a zealot whose real issue is controlling women as a social class.

Its just another gotcha moment from the liberals. I guess she'll have to commute somewhere else for her abortion. I hear they set up a satanic abortion clinic in New Mexico. Maybe she can go there.

Good stuff, nothing to say on the actual case which only has the life of the woman on the line. At least your position is clear.

Good stuff, nothing to say on the actual case which only has the life of the woman on the line. At least your position is clear.
<{walkerwhut}>i just said what I think she should do.

Gotcha moment? Conservatives in Texas created this situation with the draconian laws they passed. This is an illustration of the real life consequences that affect real people.

Yea, she should just commute 600+ miles to another state. That's perfectly reasonable.

Clown world.

Ohio: "Hold my cross!"

This exact thing happened to a couple my wife and I know. The woman had a weak cervix, felt weird, went to use the bathroom and the fetus came out. She was horrified and so was her husband who had no idea what to do with it. Good thing this State is run by goblins who would put her on trial for it.

How could the state possibly find out if you flew to another state and got an abortion?
The way I understand it, as we have a similar law in my state, is that if records of the abortion get back to law enforcement in your home state, a doctor in your state records it after the fact (even though it was preformed in another state) for any reason (health insurance claim for complications after the abortion for instance) and someone notices and reports or someone in your family has knowledge of the act and alerts authorities etc - basically someone snitches, you can be prosecuted.

I don't know if the clinic/hospital in the legal state you had the abortion in would supply records to the prosecution in your state, but laws that allow prosecution of the female having the abortion and the people/entities providing the transportation of the female interstate to get the abortion are definitely out there.

Back