The other missing SF fighters! Masvidal, Feij

My guess about Masvidal is he has some kind of contract issue with another company. I remember him signing or rumors at least about a fight in japan and he openly was trying to get a fight any place.

Bellator will snatch up Masvidal in a second if they can, he would be a great addition to a future LW tournament

Masvidal has wins over Joe Lauzon and Yves Edwards, went the distance with Melendez in a close fight, lost a decision to Paul Daley at 170 (and he arguably won), almost always has exciting fights. Gamebred would be a great addition to the LW division. I hope they wise up and sign him.

Close fight? What do you consider a close fight? Jeez.

Anyways I really like Masvidal after watching the youtube documentaries. Those guys are funny how they'll bet on anything! The Noons fight was pretty amazing. Its too bad he got injured because if you look at who went over, they mostly fought on that last card, even Holobaugh and Couture went over and I personally think Couture and KJ will get worked over by all but the bottom feeders of the UFC LW division.

I really wanna see Shogun vs. Feijao

Feijao would wreck him today!

Masvidal and Feijao will get to the UFC...
Masvidal's lower end of the top 10... And... Same could be said about Cavalcante... They could always use more guys like that.

Masvidal's lower end of the top 10... And... Same could be said about Calvacante... They could always use more guys like that.

Feijao is as inconsistent as Shogun and he doesn't have his chin, either. He can absolutely crack, though. Maybe the biggest puncher at 205 and he has a devastaing clinch with very good TDD. Poor cardio and a little questionable mentally, though. Masvidal needs to be in the UFC. Same with Barnett.

Masvidal's lower end of the top 10... And... Same could be said about Cavalcante... They could always use more guys like that.

I kinda feel like it'd be similar to the Shogun/Hendo fight.

ufc needs almost every guy mentioned in this thread, the cards have been weak this year because of the shallow talent pool/injuries.

I was shocked that Tyron Woodley is not on the list. He's had a few boring fights but he's 10-1 with some quality wins. And people forget that he started his career with 5 straight submission wins and had a KO win over Galvao.

Its odd to see names like Bobby Volker on the list but no Woodley.

I guess Feijao didn't make it because of the drug bust. But it seems odd that Zuffa would suddenly care about failed drug tests.

Tyrone has a ufc fight lined up already

is there any news on why kharitonov didnt come over? he already had a fight in some russian mma org according to wiki. i rkn theres heaps of good fights to line up with sergei.

I kinda feel like it'd be similar to the Shogun/Hendo fight.

Shogun/Hendo or Shogun/Vera? :eek:
Those were two different people imo. (I definitely believe Shogun's mentality/confidence declined a bit after the Hendo fight... He looked injured, didn't have his old killer instinct, lackage of cardio etc.) Every fighter has a decreasing performance-slope fight and... If Hendo's still on top of the division... That Vera fight was definitely Shogun's..(So maybe his HUGE downfall time/critical day came in between?) I have gotten good at UFC undisputed, the first one. Yes, I still play it... Whatever! And I've heard gilbert say something similar to the number 5 guy could be harder than the number 2 guy to the number 1 guy cause styles indeed, DO make fights... So I do comprehend that there may be a little bit of variables...

But when hype was around and he came out to Atreyu, I bought into Brandon Vera's...
But it now seems like Shogun's just fighting to not get cut in the UFC. Maybe i'm underestimating Gustaffson a bit, but there's no doubt that Shogun's RECENTLY lost a little bit of pep.

I was shocked that Tyron Woodley is not on the list. He's had a few boring fights but he's 10-1 with some quality wins. And people forget that he started his career with 5 straight submission wins and had a KO win over Galvao.

Its odd to see names like Bobby Volker on the list but no Woodley.

I guess Feijao didn't make it because of the drug bust. But it seems odd that Zuffa would suddenly care about failed drug tests.

Woodley is fighting Jay Herion was made official a while ago.

Feijao is as inconsistent as Shogun and he doesn't have his chin, either. He can absolutely crack, though. Maybe the biggest puncher at 205 and he has a devastaing clinch with very good TDD. Poor cardio and a little questionable mentally, though. Masvidal needs to be in the UFC. Same with Barnett.

I haven't known Feijao to be that inconsistent... I wont hold a KO loss to Hendo against him very hard. Bisping's doing fine. Kyle has shifted from HW to lhw and gave Cormier some serious problems in sparring, so I'd assume his hands aren't pillows, either. I think Mousasi and Feijao will enter into the top 10. Wouldn't be surprised if they fought, (Mousasi would KO him; even next i feel is a decent possibility) either.

I haven't known Feijao to be that inconsistent... I wont hold a KO loss to Hendo against him very hard. Bisping's doing fine. Kyle has shifted from HW to lhw and gave Cormier some serious problems in sparring, so I'd assume his hands aren't pillows, either. I think Mousasi and Feijao will enter into the top 10. Wouldn't be surprised if they fought, (Mousasi would KO him; even next i feel is a decent possibility) either.

He has problems with his weight and I've heard that he isn't known for giving it his all in the gym. Feijao is very capable, don't get me wrong, but he isn't always on point (getting stopped by Kyle after coming in looking in terrible shape, getting rocked by Britt, having a few problems with Romero). He has terrific upside, though.

Masvidal has wins over Joe Lauzon and Yves Edwards, went the distance with Melendez in a close fight, lost a decision to Paul Daley at 170 (and he arguably won), almost always has exciting fights. Gamebred would be a great addition to the LW division. I hope they wise up and sign him.

This.

He better have rejected them or something, because for them to sign some of these guys like Noons and Couture over him is a joke

A. Could still be in negotiations
B. Dana doesn't want to sign them
C. They don't want to sign with the UFC

It's only been a couple days since SF's last event

Fejao is the one I want at LHW

Anyone else want to see Billy Evangelista go to the UFC? His fight with KJ and Noons were good despite the losses... And the KJ fight could have gone either way.

Back