The other missing SF fighters! Masvidal, Feij

ktkraft

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Already discussion about Barnett not getting signed over:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/no-barnett-2358533/
but some other very notable exceptions too.

Jorge Masvidal!! People gald to see Noons get the nod (me included), but do people remember what Masvidal did to Noons? One of the most brutal things I've ever seen. So many other lightweights got in also, why not him!? Super game, exciting fighter.

Feij

Feijao is suspended until May and currently 285lbs

We'll see when he can fight again

Masvidal is underrated IMO.

I was shocked that Tyron Woodley is not on the list. He's had a few boring fights but he's 10-1 with some quality wins. And people forget that he started his career with 5 straight submission wins and had a KO win over Galvao.

Its odd to see names like Bobby Volker on the list but no Woodley.

I guess Feijao didn't make it because of the drug bust. But it seems odd that Zuffa would suddenly care about failed drug tests.

Everybody should tweet Dana about Masvidal. The guy deserves to be in the UFC.

Masvidal has wins over Joe Lauzon and Yves Edwards, went the distance with Melendez in a close fight, lost a decision to Paul Daley at 170 (and he arguably won), almost always has exciting fights. Gamebred would be a great addition to the LW division. I hope they wise up and sign him.

Ofc, fergot abt Woodley. I can only imagine they think they have enough grinding wrestlers at 170, bc dude has very good record.

Everybody should tweet Dana about Masvidal. The guy deserves to be in the UFC.
I jsut did, everyone else shld too

Last edited:
Feijau will come over when his suspension is up

not sure why Masdival isnt signed, LW is pretty full but i agree he better than a lot of the low end guys

Other threads have covered this.
The announced fighters are those that have contracts completed.
More will be signed but they won't announce anything till contracts are sorted.

I hope

Masvidal
Feijao
Barnett
OSP

Eventually make their way to the UFC.

I was shocked that Tyron Woodley is not on the list. He's had a few boring fights but he's 10-1 with some quality wins. And people forget that he started his career with 5 straight submission wins and had a KO win over Galvao.

I guess Feijao didn't make it because of the drug bust. But it seems odd that Zuffa would suddenly care about failed drug tests.
Woodley has been scheduled to face Jay Hieron at UFC 156. He has very suffocating top control.

Woodly is fighting Jay Heiron on Superbowl Weekend.

edit ^ beat me to it.

Honestly, they really need to get Masvidal. LW is already very stacked, but Masvidal is criminally underrated by lots of people and could make some noise in the UFC.

holy shit i thought he fought at 205?

He does but he's gotten pretty big since he's been suspended. I think that poster might be exaggerating his weight, though.

@ everyone else: Relax. I'm sure guys like Barnett and Masvidal are still in the negotiating process. Feijao will sign once his suspension is up. Note that the list revealed of SF guys coming to the UFC was NOT a full list, just the guys Helwani was able to confirm.

Back