The only guys who weighed-in above 155 lbs and deserved to beat Canelo are Golovkin twice and Bivol.

This is a shit take. There was no clear 2nd fight winner, it was a razor thin fight that could've gone either way depending on what you value more. Fan and media scores were 2/3-1/3 in favor of GGG. You weirdos who always claim "clear" for the second fight baffle me.

Canelo being better is debatable. GGG was heavily avoided in his prime and at 40, bar the shit start, still had a very competitive second half of the fight with Canelo. If anyone got anywhere close to hurt/stunned at any point in this fight, it was Canelo in the 9th or whatever round it was.

Resume wise, Canelo's is superior but with a bunch of speculative decision wins.

Let's see how Canelo would fare at 40 vs. the best guy in the division, say likely a 32 year old Benavidez - my take is he wouldn't go past 6 rounds.
Its shit take to not accept reality. Nobody cares if random fans think GGG won a close fight years ago.

Its shit take to not accept reality. Nobody cares if random fans think GGG won a close fight years ago.
These guys are so full of shit, GGG stayed consistently competitive in all fights, but in the second especially he looked like he was getting smacked around and drawn into fire fight by a bigger meaner stronger bully, Canelo proved a point that night standing toe to toe, GGG started trying to box at points instead of engage in anymore toe to toe, probably his best moments really. Good fight, but there’s no way GGG won.

The feeding of crow sherdog meltdown after was the greatest 24 hours of my career as a keyboard warrior, and I learned that day GGG didn’t have fans, GGG had ride or dies, he had this emotional attachment with the fans for a while they couldn’t fucking see or let go

If by "random fans" you mean 2/3 of boxing scoring media, and professional fighters as well, sure, it's just "random fans." Look up at the twitter posts and media tabulations of the night if you care to.

Good thing we have the sherdog savant posters declaring it a "clear" Canelo win to set us straight tho.

Last edited:
If by "random fans" you mean 2/3 of boxing scoring media, and professional fighters as well, sure, it's just "random fans." Look up at the twitter posts and media tabulations of the night if you care to.

Good thing we have the sherdog savant posters declaring it a "clear" Canelo win to set us straight tho.
"Boxing media" is not a real credible group. Especially when it includes non knowledgeable pundits like Stephen A. Smith. Or the same boxing pundits who are always wrong with predictions on upcoming fights. Oh, you mean the "boxing media" who make the absolute worse P4P list. Or the "boxing media" who crown the next overrated hype job.
Boxing fights aren't scored by social media or the press media. Sorry.
No robbery means the right guy won everytime.
I can't believe there are still so many hurt feelings over Canelo edging out GGG. Its a giant cope at this point.
Nobody can "set you guys straight tho." Canelo just beat GGG thoroughly & you still go, " fight doesn't count."

"Boxing media" is not a real credible group. Especially when it includes non knowledgeable pundits like Stephen A. Smith. Or the same boxing pundits who are always wrong with predictions on upcoming fights. Oh, you mean the "boxing media" who make the absolute worse P4P list. Or the "boxing media" who crown the next overrated hype job.
Boxing fights aren't scored by social media or the press media. Sorry.
No robbery means the right guy won everytime.
I can't believe there are still so many hurt feelings over Canelo edging out GGG. Its a giant cope at this point.
Nobody can "set you guys straight tho." Canelo just beat GGG thoroughly & you still go, " fight doesn't count."

https://www.britannica.com/science/law-of-large-numbers

<Fedor23>

In a sea of todays average boxing “fan” I’m pretty sure people who apply the pro judging criteria correctly do look like savants LOL
No way in fucking hell GGG won 2nd fight.

Maybe try understanding the underlying concept of what I pointed out.
You posted a link about therotical #s. That has nothing to do with boxing. A majority of unqualified people thinking one way is not a proof of anything.

You posted a link about therotical #s. That has nothing to do with boxing. A majority of unqualified people thinking one way is not a proof of anything.

People who watched boxing for decades and not qualified to score fights? Odd.

Nice projection. The only copers are the canelo fan boys who are literally trying to distort reality and pretending 90% of people who watch boxing are delusional, and they are right because they can't accept Canelo lost both fights. The fact they are pretending its so open and shut and without question despite it clearly being very close, is the icing on the cake.

No, it's just to point out that the larger the number of tabulated aggregate scores, whether it's fans, media, fighters, etc. you're going to get closer to the theoretical "real" score the fight is supposed to be.

And I'm not even of an opinion that GGG necessarily won, but understand that people can view this fight differently depending on what they value more. To claim it was "clear" either way is laughable given the scoring divide.

People who watched boxing for decades and not qualified to score fights? Odd.

Nice projection. The only copers are the canelo fan boys who are literally trying to distort reality and pretending 90% of people who watch boxing are delusional, and they are right because they can't accept Canelo lost both fights. The fact they are pretending its so open and shut and without question despite it clearly being very close, is the icing on the cake.
Whaaaa Whaaaaaa TEERS TEERS cLEnElO!!!!!!
Stfu nobody cares. Just explained to you that your source is garbage.
@STEPHANaSMITH the boxing historian.

No, it's just to point out that the larger the number of tabulated aggregate scores, whether it's fans, media, fighters, etc. you're going to get closer to the theoretical "real" score the fight is supposed to be.

And I'm not even of an opinion that GGG necessarily won, but understand that people can view this fight differently depending on what they value more. To claim it was "clear" either way is laughable given the scoring divide.
There is no need for a theoretical real. We have real scores from judges who didn't rob anybody.
If its not a robbery and the scores are reasonable everybody elses drunk cheeto fingers bar score on a napkin with the juke box blasting doesn't matter.

Let me ask you this....How many of those pundits had GGG picked winning both fights prior to????
This is what a lot of you self proclaimed experts dont realize about scoring.... Most people's gripe with scoring in a close fight is simply to protect their ego and self proclaimed boxing expert status. Its that simple.

There is no need for a theoretical real. We have real scores from judges who didn't rob anybody.
If its not a robbery and the scores are reasonable everybody elses drunk cheeto fingers bar score on a napkin with the juke box blasting doesn't matter.

Let me ask you this....How many of those pundits had GGG picked winning both fights prior to????
This is what a lot of you self proclaimed experts dont realize about scoring.... Most people's gripe with scoring in a close fight is simply to protect their ego and self proclaimed boxing expert status. Its that simple.

Most people's gripes with the scoring is that Canelo gets the benefit of the doubt in every close decision, at least that's what mine were, as should most rational people who are trying to stay objective. At one point it becomes statistically significant to raise a few eyebrows. I have no problems with the scoring of this fight if taken in isolation.

In any case, that's another argument. You and others were saying it was a "clear" Canelo win, and I was pointing evidence to the contrary.

From punch stats, to fan scores, media scores, and contemporary boxer's scores everything was close. If any, GGG has a slight edge in most quantifiable metrics.

Most people's gripes with the scoring is that Canelo gets the benefit of the doubt in every close decision, at least that's what mine were, as should most rational people who are trying to stay objective. At one point it becomes statistically significant to raise a few eyebrows. I have no problems with the scoring of this fight if taken in isolation.

In any case, that's another argument. You and others were saying it was a "clear" Canelo win, and I was pointing evidence to the contrary.

From punch stats, to fan scores, media scores, and contemporary boxer's scores everything was close. If any, GGG has a slight edge in most quantifiable metrics.
Objective would mean judging the fight on its own integrity. Not bringing in other non related scores. Name a fight that Canelo won that he should of lost other than these GGG claims.

Your point is more about boxing scoring in general. Thats why they have 3 judges and the scores can be all over the place.

Punch stats through Compubox??? Thats the same as the Stephen A Smith argument. Please spare me.
You are trying to over analyze and manufacture bad data on something just to make a non boxing point.

Objective would mean judging the fight on its own integrity. Not bringing in other non related scores. Name a fight that Canelo won that he should of lost other than these GGG claims.

Your point is more about boxing scoring in general. Thats why they have 3 judges and the scores can be all over the place.

Punch stats through Compubox??? Thats the same as the Stephen A Smith argument. Please spare me.
You are trying to over analyze and manufacture bad data on something just to make a non boxing point.

I already said that's another argument. You're strawmaning here to detract from your "clear" Canelo win initial point of view which I called out and is more baseless than Stephen A. Smith (which for some reason you keep bringing up). I don't know or care how he judged the fight, but his voice was a blip on the radar.

If it's not punch stats, media/pundits scores, what are you basing the "clear" win on? Your refined boxing savant eye?

You have 3 judges in boxing because you can't really have hundreds of qualified people collectively judging a fight, but if you could, yes the results would be much more accurate. You'd have more accurate results with 5 judges as well, just as you'd have more high variance inaccurate results with a single judge.

I already said that's another argument. You're strawmaning here to detract from your "clear" Canelo win initial point of view which I called out and is more baseless than Stephen A. Smith (which for some reason you keep bringing up). I don't know or care how he judged the fight, but his voice was a blip on the radar.

If it's not punch stats, media/pundits scores, what are you basing the "clear" win on? Your refined boxing savant eye?

You have 3 judges in boxing because you can't really have hundreds of qualified people collectively judging a fight, but if you could, yes the results would be much more accurate. You'd have more accurate results with 5 judges as well, just as you'd have more high variance inaccurate results with a single judge.
A strawman is inserting junk science into a boxing conversation. This isn't American Idol where your text to votes matter more than the judges. Lol
None of that is true.... another poster who still clearly doesn't understand that scoring is subjective. Also lol at "qualified" people. There is no definition of what makes people qualified other than being a licensed judge. You have pro fighters who disagree on every freaking fight.

"What are you basing your clear win on?"
You know boxing has scoring criteria right. Lol all this talk of scoring the fight and it goes unmentioned. The scoring criteria does not include social media likes or compubox...Sorry.
So based off how i scored the fight & the fact that the judges did not commit a robbery I consider that a clear.

Here is something else that is crazy. I believe the judges in the 3rd fight might of had the worst scores out of the 3 fights. They did Canelo no favors there. So there goes that theory.

We are lucky to have savants like you privy to understanding boxing criteria in a clear cut manner while the rest of us have to only go off the opinions of Stephen A. Smith.

Back