The one reason bare knuckle fighting will ultimately fail.

Scar tissue will be a big problem.

Fighters won't have long careers in a sport like that.

I want to see some giants with insane power in BKB. I'm talking about guys like Rumble, Ngnanou and Prime Sapp (that one that nearly killed Big Nog). Would they instantly break their hands? Or would be we 3 second KOs resulting in deaths.

You can make this same arguement against boxing or kickboxing.

We need Rumble vs Shane Carwin.
The skill level seems to be pretty low, it's just headhunting and holding.
It just looks strange, I just get the feeling that throwing elbow strikes would work better, no damaged hands and great to use at cllose range.
Adding limited clinching (holding your oponents head with one hand) and elbow strikes would make it more fun to watch, but there would be even more cuts.

I think it will fail simply because they won't be able to capitalize monteraly from it long term. I just can't see them making much off PPV.

You can only make so much off attendance and basic sponsors. No blue chip sponsors or even B level sponsors are going to give them the time of day. Good luck ever getting a TV deal that actually pays decent money if at all.

So how do you pay guys that fans want to see? Those guys will just move on to one of the more stable MMA orgs. if they have any talent left. All they can do is sign up these washed up guys from the world of boxing and MMA at best. But right now they are paying these guys off investment capital and when that runs out I can't see how they can be a self sustained business.

Last edited:
We need Rumble vs Shane Carwin.
The skill level seems to be pretty low, it's just headhunting and holding.
It just looks strange, I just get the feeling that throwing elbow strikes would work better, no damaged hands and great to use at cllose range.
Adding limited clinching (holding your oponents head with one hand) and elbow strikes would make it more fun to watch, but there would be even more cuts.

Have you actually watched it?

There are absolutely some BBQ brawlers on the prelims with zero skill just winging it lol but there are some good fighters too.Sam shoemaker is a HW been on every card so far and his progression is noticeable. Guy has good defensive movement and good hands.

They already allow clinching with one hand free but they seperate them when they try to hug or stall.

Elbows wouldn't be a huge asset I mean you could use them in the clinch but realistically elbows aren't used to knock guys out generally they just cut guys.this isnt muay thai or mma its boxing it's just fine with only hands.

I think it will fail simply because they'll won't be able to capitalize monteraly from it long term. I just can't see them making much off PPV.

You can only make so much off attendance and basic sponsors. No blue chip sponsors or even B level sponsors are going to give them the time of day. Good luck ever getting a TV deal that actually pays decent money if at all.

So how do you pay guys that fans want to see? Those guys will just move on to one of the more stable MMA orgs. if they have any talent left. All they can do is sign up these washed up guys from the world of boxing and MMA at best. But right now they are paying these guys off investment capital and when the runs out I can't see how they can be a self sustained business.

Theres definetly a high risk of failure for sure

Buy with the UFC leaving the PPV market open I can see casuals buying some of the ppvs.I for one bought in after not liking bare knuckle for quite a while.

If they are able to get mid tier guys that are kinda known and some well known aged fighters they could draw in decent audiences.The pay isnt outrageous for most guys if they can put together a few good ppvs they could be ok.

Malignaggi vs lobov could do good numbers if they promote it well and stack the card the best they can.

Brennan ward
Chris leben
Chris lytle
Lobov
Malignaggi
Hick Diaz

All those guys should put on good action fights fans will talk about.If they can continue getting guys like this they could put some action packed cards together.Its still Evolving every show I dont think it will be a mega sport but theres room for it in combat sports.

It's limited to punching but you'll see for depth, more variation in punches. More damage.

the org is doing pretty good so far

Malignaggi vs Artem will bring further notoriety

hope they keep signing guys, Brennan Ward is good but not exactly a name

I tried to give it a go.. it's just too brutal to me. With MMA, there's more of an art and science feel. BKB is painful to watch. Fighters faces and knuckles are busted up and they probably aren't making enough money to cover all their medical expenses. I'm out.

I tried to give it a go.. it's just too brutal to me. With MMA, there's more of an art and science feel. BKB is painful to watch. Fighters faces and knuckles are busted up and they probably aren't making enough money to cover all their medical expenses. I'm out.

To each his own I grew up seeing alot of street fights so this stuff is not bad to me lol.I can see how people could be turned off but hey atleast you tried it lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'll keep watching for now but I feel I'll eventually grow bored by it.

In contrast, MMA has so many variables that I cannot imagine getting tired of it.

I think MMA Is the most boring sport on the planet sometimes. I hate the ground game especially when it ends up like Lesnar Hunt 2. I honestly think there is nothing worse than watching two grown men cuddle on the ground. When the fight is more stand up orientated is good, or when there is a flash submission out of near nowhere. But not when they're just rolling around on the ground like two gay uncles at a BBQ its just not fun to watch.

I think MMA Is the most boring sport on the planet sometimes. I hate the ground game especially when it ends up like Lesnar Hunt 2. I honestly think there is nothing worse than watching two grown men cuddle on the ground. When the fight is more stand up orientated is good, or when there is a flash submission out of near nowhere. But not when they're just rolling around on the ground like two gay uncles at a BBQ its just not fun to watch.

MMA can often be boring. But the different styles make it more dynamic. Boxing, bare knuckle and otherwise, is just punching.

Don't get me wrong, I'll keep watching for now but I feel I'll eventually grow bored by it.

In contrast, MMA has so many variables that I cannot imagine getting tired of it.
I watched the last event to see what it was like. I enjoyed it for the most part.
Whether or not I watch a future event will depend on who's fighting.

I don't mind the violence too much, it's just more times than not it's just a wild brawl with very little technique. It's like what Toughman basically was without gloves. When I watch it, I rarely feel like I'm watching true athletes with some type of craft they worked on. To me all to often it just feels like a out of control bar brawl. Interesting to see once in a while but at the same time I'm not going out of my way to watch either.

I don't mind the violence too much, it's just more times than not it's just a wild brawl with very little technique. It's like what Toughman basically was without gloves. When I watch it, I rarely feel like I'm watching true athletes with some type of craft they worked on. To me all to often it just feels like a out of control bar brawl. Interesting to see once in a while but at the same time I'm not going out of my way to watch either.
How about the MMA veterans? They don't exhibit skill?

MMA can often be boring. But the different styles make it more dynamic. Boxing, bare knuckle and otherwise, is just punching.

As someone who boxes and has done for over half of my life, I will always enjoy boxing more than the others. But at the same time for me in MMA when one aspect isn't working you have other options to fall back on, in boxing if your hands aren't working you're fucked.

Back