• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

For sure man, and sorry to hear that!
There's got to be a bunch of tracks in the vault, the last few that came out for GTA the Badbadnotgood collab and stuff must have been made a while ago.
Did you see the tributes from Open Mike Eagle and Lupe Fiasco? well worth a watch, both really touching imo.

No I haven't but I will I mean Lupe might be one of the best lyricist out there although I find his choice of beats very weak a lot of the times.
I will watch them now or maybe tomorrow, since I am got faded watching UFC tonight.
Who knows how much is still in the vault, MF DOOM might have as much stuff as Gucci Mane has mixtape just chose to not release them for reason only the Villain will ever know.

No I haven't but I will I mean Lupe might be one of the best lyricist out there although I find his choice of beats very weak a lot of the times.
I will watch them now or maybe tomorrow, since I am got faded watching UFC tonight.
Who knows how much is still in the vault, MF DOOM might have as much stuff as Gucci Mane has mixtape just chose to not release them for reason only the Villain will ever know.
Yeah agree, Lupe is a dude I need to listen to more, loved his old shit but fallen off his stuff for years now, that tribute made me want to go and listen to all his stuff though.

Me too! UFC was intense hahaha

Respect fellow DOOM fan!
<RomeroSalute>

Yeah agree, Lupe is a dude I need to listen to more, loved his old shit but fallen off his stuff for years now, that tribute made me want to go and listen to all his stuff though.

Me too! UFC was intense hahaha

Respect fellow DOOM fan!
<RomeroSalute>

Would give you another like but I am out of them atm, I even have the MF DOOM nike sb collab in my room never worn gonna sell them in 10 years or more for a shit ton of profit or give them to my children.

Yeah Lupe is tricky he is lyrical af but it can get boring at times tbh, I mostly attribute that to his beat choice.
Superstar got exposure because of the beat cause he didn't get nearly as lyrical as in other songs on the Album.
Same problem with Nas Idk why they choose crappy beats all the time while all these rapper who suck at writing choose insanely good ones.

Would give you another like but I am out of them atm, I even have the MF DOOM nike sb collab in my room never worn gonna sell them in 10 years or more for a shit ton of profit or give them to my children.

Yeah Lupe is tricky he is lyrical af but it can get boring at times tbh, I mostly attribute that to his beat choice.
Superstar got exposure because of the beat cause he didn't get nearly as lyrical as in other songs on the Album.
Same problem with Nas Idk why they choose crappy beats all the time while all these rapper who suck at writing choose insanely good ones.
Me too man ran out of likes after the first fight tonight lol.

Sweet! all the best with making some dollars on them. I have a really sweet DOOM T-shirt, but i'm too attached and have worn it a fuck load already .

For sure, I don't disagree in the slightest, he's put a bunch out now though, there must be some decent stuff in amongst the zzzz beats lol.

Me too man ran out of likes after the first fight tonight lol.

Sweet! all the best with making some dollars on them. I have a really sweet DOOM T-shirt, but i'm too attached and have worn it a fuck load already .

For sure, I don't disagree in the slightest, he's put a bunch out now though, there must be some decent stuff in amongst the zzzz beats lol.

Hopefully this is a great song from Lupe in my opinion although it might not be his most lyrical work

I can also recommend Elzhi if you havent checked him out yet, an insane lyricist as well.

Hopefully this is a great song from Lupe in my opinion although it might not be his most lyrical work

I can also recommend Elzhi if you havent checked him out yet, an insane lyricist as well.

Thanks man, couple likes returned.

Will for sure check this out, appreciate it

Thanks man, couple likes returned.

Will for sure check this out, appreciate it

Np man, I spend most of my teenage years listening to all kind of rappers using Lastfm (Man that shit was crazy listening to stuff to get into more underground circles) so if you interested in more stuff just hit me up in the PN or in this thread.

This song for example is the best storytelling track or one of the best in my opinion

Anybody know this group found them years ago on youtube randomly always wondered what happened to them.
This song is crazy should have been more succesfull

That's a damn good album, solid production throughout. They pretty much disappeared though, dude called Lazy had a joint on a Stretch Armstrong album but I know nothing more about them

That's a damn good album, solid production throughout. They pretty much disappeared though, dude called Lazy had a joint on a Stretch Armstrong album but I know nothing more about them

That is a shame they were great should of sticked with it, but who knows life might had other plans

That Freddie Gibbs + Alchemist Record is so damn good - I can not stop listening to that thing.
Also has a Benny the Butcher feature.

@HughPhug you ever heard of Codename : Scorpion? epic underground from early 2000's not many have heard of check it out. 2 of the guys from Canada, Prevail from Swollen Members, Moka only. Abstract Rude from LA.

@HughPhug you ever heard of Codename : Scorpion? epic underground from early 2000's not many have heard of check it out. 2 of the guys from Canada, Prevail from Swollen Members, Moka only. Abstract Rude from LA.

Yes mate, love that album. Always been a big fan of Ab Rude from his ATU days, Prevail is the waaaaaaaaaay better half of Swollen Members, always loved his flow, and Moka is one of those cats I wish made more music I actually liked. He has a great flow and some real chill beats but never really put out an album that shows his full potential, other than Lime Green maybe. Though he puts out so much I could easily have missed a gem somewhere.
Damn good album man

What happened to Prevail? Dude kind of disappeared, still see Mad Child pop up from time to time but nothing from Prevails
Did you ever hear his early 12? I think it was from 96, still never heard the flip side but it's a neat little novelty rnb jam. HIs verse kicks in around 3.00

I am hugely impressed and surprised by this thread mostly sharing real good old-school boom-bap stuff. Love it. I'm usually only in the metal thread.
Planet Asia is the shit.
However I have to throw some 2020 stuff in this thread because I think 2020 has been one of the best years for rap music in a while.

Planet Asia over one of my favorite Madlib beats

Planet Asia is one of my all time favorite mc's, pretty sure I still own his first releases through to Cali Agents and beyond.
Dude is a killer every time he touches the mic, just needs the right production.
If he and AG ever do an album together my life will be complete

I am hugely impressed and surprised by this thread mostly sharing real good old-school boom-bap stuff. Love it. I'm usually only in the metal thread.
Planet Asia is the shit.
However I have to throw some 2020 stuff in this thread because I think 2020 has been one of the best years for rap music in a while.

I pretty much gave up on new hip hop many years ago, but 2020 made me rekindle my love.
Mostly thanks to the old heads but still

Only posted this a while ago but this is my favorite joint from last year

Planet Asia is one of my all time favorite mc's, pretty sure I still own his first releases through to Cali Agents and beyond.
Dude is a killer every time he touches the mic, just needs the right production.
If he and AG ever do an album together my life will be complete

Who is AG?
Do not know who you mean, Planet Asia should made an album with Madlib and Freddie Gibbs I think they would compliment each other.
I honestly prefer oldschool for the most part when it comes to the rap itself but newer generations do have some amazing beats sometimes, I do like Rick Ross stuff when he raps on slow beats he has an awesome voice imo.
Might be because I am probably a lot younger than you guys.

I love this beat, I like the song the sample is from on its own as well so was a nobrainer.

Back