• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Fifa World Cup 2018 thread v4: Harry Kane dah GAWD!!! Edition

Is Kane the greatest striker in world football right now?

• Yerrrrrrrrrrrr - DAH GAWD

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Nnnnuuuuuu

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
100 goals for Barcelona in the last 2 seasons is stagnating?

Ronaldo, whilst still in the top 2 players in the world, was clearly at his peak 3-4 years ago.

He was 4-1 in Balon D'ors A few years ago. Now he is 5-5 with Ronaldo and Ronaldo is going to overtake him with this next one. He won the champions league and is outshining him hugely in the World Cup.

It's a pity because I don't like Ronaldo but he is going to overtake Messi once and for all with this next Balon D'or and Messi is doing nothing to stop it. He isn't Maradona. Maradona carried teams. Messi is a part of great teams.

Yeah, but sadly, we can't attract those very top players with no CL at the moment. He's just turned 23, more room for improvement, IMO
For sure. I hate when people write off players that are as young as 23 these days, just look at Salah for example. Anything under 25 is still really young and some players can improve even when they are older.

This has to what, like 5 non-calls that would have given Morocco a goal? This should be 1-1

He was 4-1 in Balon D'ors A few years ago. Now he is 5-5 with Ronaldo and Ronaldo is going to overtake him with this next one. He won the champions league and is outshining him hugely in the World Cup.

It's a pity because I don't like Ronaldo but he is going to overtake Messi once and for all with this next Balon D'or and Messi is doing nothing to stop it. He isn't Maradona. Maradona carried teams. Messi is a part of great teams.

Balon dor means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. They just give it to whoever wins the CL between Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo has won 2 league titles in his 9 years at Real........Messi has won 6 in that time. You can choose which stats you want to support your narrative.

Not interested in an inane Messi v Ronaldo debate. But your claim that Ronaldo is improving whilst Messi is stagnating is not true at all.

*in the literal sense both are technically stagnating or maybe even regressing.

*Maradona won 2 league titles and 0 European cups. Not even close to comparable to Messi and Ronaldo in that regard.

Last edited:
Lol at Ronald flopping everywhere

For sure. I hate when people write off players that are as young as 23 these days, just look at Salah for example. Anything under 25 is still really young and some players can improve even when they are older.

Jamie Vardy's a good example of a late career improvement.

Aubameyang's a good example of a player who really kicked on at 25ish too.

It's rare that a young player does well and is consistent instantly. Over the last 20 years I can't think of too many. Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Owen and Aguero are a few, but not too many others.

Shaky game. Really could have gone either way, but I'm glad Ronaldo is through to the next stage.

Lmao morocco should of had 2 at least
cans

Morocco.
b4a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back