The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw an interesting youtube comment that theorized Jiren's past. Just a theory but don't read if you want to avoid that kind of stuff:

Jiren is a former God of Destruction of an erased universe and his wish will be to have his universe restored. Perhaps somehow, the clown God was able to rescue him (or some form of him) and bypassed the "mortal connection to the kaioshin." They made a point to talk about his wish and it just feels like it's bigger than "I want to bring my family back to life" type of thing. Zeno seems oblivious to things so he may not know about this.

Thanks brah. Might explain as to why he fights and what his cause is. Seeing the way Jiren meditates, that his power isn't in training the physical like Vegeta or Goku but that, he mostly meditates or so far, no training that we saw. Its a pretty interesting point. Its actually made me want to go out and buy a Muse Headband.

Almost all Goku does is hard work and training. It's just a lot more off screen on super.

Goku has been busting his ass training with vegeta and Whis most of the series and has received multiple boosts in strength from getting rekt by Beerus, freeze, Hit, and Zamasu... all of which I would consider hard work.

I understand where your coming from but Goku in super is a massive far cry from being worthy of comparison to superman as far as not earning your power goes.

Where I think Jiren has EVERYONE beat is that, we see ZERO training only him meditating. He is centered and therefore, ready to engage thereafter. Jiren is showing that, it is not just all about the physical, and I am sure as the weeks go by, we will see more of his actual story. We will realize he isn't this all encompassing bad guy.

Its not about the physical. Its not about power ups. We're seeing something else for a change which is pretty cool. The only irritating thing is the amount of time Whis and Vegeta put in yet, Goku gets magical gift power ups more times then Hendo gets gift title shots which is saying something.

Seems like him and Vegeta have reach a point were they need a trigger to go further.. just training more ain't gonna do it.. i just wish maybe Roshi had died and triggered it.. as Goku blamed the Gods/zenos for using mortals as playthings

It's not his fault though.. Zenos were gonna destroy all the universes in the tournament anyway.. Goku reminded them about the tournament so rather then just straight up blowing them all up.. they gave one universe a chance to be saved

More meditation! Like Jiren.

with 31 fighters left and a new outro this arc ain't ending anytime soon.

We will realize he isn't this all encompassing bad guy.

To me jiren seems like someone of high moral character, sort of like Goku; he probably has this annoyed-gruff attitude about the idea of universes fighting to ensure the survival of their universe.

It's likely because unlike many other animes, Dragon Ball isn't centered on some awkward, skinny teenage character. Many other animes like to have too much goofy teen romance.

Dragon Ball is about a group of jacked dudes who dedicate their lives to fighting. Not too surpriding that a bunch of MMA fans in their 20s/30s like the show.

I first saw DB in about 90/91 and it says a lot about the show because my family used to go to france 3 times a year and I'd watch it there, not understanding a word, still loving it.

Where I think Jiren has EVERYONE beat is that, we see ZERO training only him meditating. He is centered and therefore, ready to engage thereafter. Jiren is showing that, it is not just all about the physical, and I am sure as the weeks go by, we will see more of his actual story. We will realize he isn't this all encompassing bad guy.

Its not about the physical. Its not about power ups. We're seeing something else for a change which is pretty cool. The only irritating thing is the amount of time Whis and Vegeta put in yet, Goku gets magical gift power ups more times then Hendo gets gift title shots which is saying something.
I dont think hes ever been portrayed as a bad guy just quiet and powerful ,he and his posse are specificaly shown to be giod guys...its just they are all in this shitty situation and its every universe for itself!

Yeah we dint know all his training lr story yet but it seems the clown god guy may have been training him.for some time now maybe hes like what goku/vegeta would be if theyd had whis from day 1 as their trainer! ....or scarier than that maybe he just found him.and he was already this powerful due to his genes/backstory etc!

I dont think hes ever been portrayed as a bad guy just quiet and powerful ,he and his posse are specificaly shown to be giod guys...its just they are all in this shitty situation and its every universe for itself!

If the reddit theory is correct,

Jiren is using the clown God's power through telepathy or something, he would then be cheating but, this is just a theory on reddit.

Yeah we dint know all his training lr story yet but it seems the clown god guy may have been training him.for some time now maybe hes like what goku/vegeta would be if theyd had whis from day 1 as their trainer! ....or scarier than that maybe he just found him.and he was already this powerful due to his genes/backstory etc!

I see Jiren and want to believe he is a good guy. It would be the first time we saw someone meditate more than they are training in the physical realm.

I have experienced dmt recently. Its fucked. Like, you are literally disassociating from ego consciousness one way or another. Gun to the head like Tyler Durdan fight club. I feel the same disassociation with martial arts especially when sparring and my ego is getting blasted.

I think if Jiren is actually a good guy, the power he is acquiring has more to do with what he is tapping into in the unmanifested realm more so then the manifested physical realm.

If the reddit theory is correct,

Jiren is using the clown God's power through telepathy or something, he would then be cheating but, this is just a theory on reddit.

I see Jiren and want to believe he is a good guy. It would be the first time we saw someone meditate more than they are training in the physical realm.

I have experienced dmt recently. Its fucked. Like, you are literally disassociating from ego consciousness one way or another. Gun to the head like Tyler Durdan fight club. I feel the same disassociation with martial arts especially when sparring and my ego is getting blasted.

I think if Jiren is actually a good guy, the power he is acquiring has more to do with what he is tapping into in the unmanifested realm more so then the manifested physical realm.
I think you're over thinking things. We've only seen one quick scene of Jiren meditating.

I think it's just he's had special training from the Gods for a long time. Goku has had special training from Gods. First Kami, then King Kai and now Whis.

I'm pretty sure all the GoDs were mortals at one time and had special training to reach their current levels. It just takes time.

I'm pretty sure all the GoDs were mortals at one time and had special training to reach their current levels. It just takes time.

Didn't Whis say something like Goku or Vegeta could end up being the new God of Destruction at some point?

I remember him saying something like that

So you are probably right

That would infer that a God of Destruction could either die or they could retire.

Brings up a lot of ideas

So just because Belmod can communicate with Jiren telepathically people think he is giving him his power somehow?

Goku can communicate with people telepathically as well...Its not something that is suspicious imo

That would be pretty disappointing if true

Even when the very existence (life it self) hangs in the balance, the writers still have the characters stand around and watch a fight.

Somebody do something.

Jiren looked very beatable this episode

if Hit and Goku worked together from the start Jiren probably would have been eliminated

So does anyone have any theories on what's up with Jiren's eyes?

@Bob Weeks, you were indeed onto something.

With Jiren fucking people up with just his glare and his meditation this episode, there is definitely a mental aspect to his fighting that is playing a huge role.

Last edited:
jiren like i already did my job let me go sit and meditate for a little bit tho they u 11 only has 3 fighters left so for them to win they are going to have put in work. it's like u 11 isn't really worried about getting erased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back