The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

5crew

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Simple enough, this is a thread to discuss everything that relates to the Dragon Ball franchise, whether it be the manga, the anime series, the movies, the games, the merchandise, fan art, the abridged series, etc.

And we get it, most of you don't like GT, so try not to keep harping on about it. If you haven't watched Super yet, but consider yourself a real fan, then there's only one course of action... start watching it!!!

v1:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...gt-s-etc-franchise-discussion-thread.3275193/
v2:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...s-etc-franchise-discussion-thread-v2.3426129/

It's been a day since since version 2 went over 1000 posts and no one made v3 yet, so I took the liberty to make this newest version.
Credit to @Dr Hannibal Lecter and @lordsai for the first two threads.

I believe it would be appreciated by some users, myself included, that the spoiler tags is continued to be used for Epi title/plot leaks confirmed or not.

@boingyman @phunky @DIABOLUS @The RuthlessOne @bigbangspiritbomb @Horse Style @SoCalprodigy09 @zieg @MMouse @kuromusha

Please help me tag anyone missed out.

-font-b-Dragonball-b-font-font-b-Z-b-font-Anime-font-b-Poster-b.jpg

68688-dragon-ball-z-dragon-ball-z-poster.jpg

d5b6c6ced728b13e831d8fe7fb3f56db.jpg

Last edited:
SECOND FOR KALE

I watched GT as a kid and don't remember it being that bad. Now that's gotta nostalgia talking, but is it worth rewatching for the lolz or should I just not ruin my childhood memories?

Well the first 10-15 episodes are kinda boring but once they introduce Baby the show picks up

Here are some of the main reasons that people dont like GT
1. Not done by toryiama
2. Pan
3. Goku Time
4. The american music
5. Just general plot holes and continuity issues
6. Goku being a child

It is not a great show but the moments it has like SSJ4 for example are enough of a reason to watch it
To be fair, I haven't watched GT. It could be good for all I know.

I did try to watch it one time. It went something like this...

"What the...Goku is a child? Vegeta with short hair and biker clothes?!! PAN IS A MAIN CHARACTER!?!!"

g5DLBk.gif

As mentioned, I've been rewatching Black Saga.Can't help but think, man if it had ended with Epi 65 or first few minutes of Epi 66, F.Trunks Vegeta father and son Galick Gun or Goku "full power" Kamehameha destroying fused Zamasu. It would have been my favorite Saga throughout the entire franchise. The mystery was great, the score was excellent.

It wouldn't have rewrote Potaro earring perm fuse lore, the Vegito reappearing hype THEN defusing bullshit and Future Trunks ending the Saga. These really screw the Saga up big time.

Tournament of power please fucking start already

The only things I liked about gt are baby and ssj4

In honor of v3, here's my top 3 moments from the franchise:

wINx-8.gif

_4nS8B.gif

tumblr_oe2n2jTHND1r87g0to1_r1_500.gif

EDIT: Put them in spoiler tags to stop the page from lagging. They're not actual spoilers

Waiting for this tourney got me thinking some of these questions. Any predictions below?

1. Who will take out Vegeta?

2. Who will take out Hit?

3. Who will take out Toppo?

4. Do you think we'll see a new transformation from Goku (and/or Vegeta)?

5. Do you think Goku and Jiren will be the last two remaining?

6. Do you think there will another important wild card player that has yet to be announced?

7. Who is the person that Whis said is stronger then Beerus and other god of destructions?

@boingyman

1. Toppo or Kale for shock factor. Realistically Jiren will take out Vegeta

2. Jiren will take out Hit
- just to prove Jiren is much better and let viewers focus on him. Because Hit is the strongest we knows so far

3. Goku will take out Toppo.

4. No new transformation. I thought there will be because of the song lyrics at the beginning of the Saga "Breaking the wall of limits" but no longer thinks so.

5. Yep, Goku and Jiren. Or maybe Gohan and Jiren.
6. Nope. But it will be a pleasant surprise if there are still wild cards.
7. Jiren

I can't make any solid predictions on what will happen, but I'm pretty confident most of the following will happen in some form:

Tien, Roshi, and Krillin will perform better than expected, using teamwork, their experience in the Tenkaichi Budokai and the logistics of the platform to outsmart their opponents.

Gohan unlocks a new level of Mystic. Goku's already hinted at this when Gohan chose to fight him without going SSJ.

Something will happen to disrupt the tournament. Maybe Whis' father will reveal he has more diabolical plans in store. Or maybe the rules will be changed halfway through to permit killing, etc.

@5crew
-Nice predictions. I wouldn't doubt many of them occurring. I can also see one of them getting eliminated due to strategy/tactics/teamwork by much weaker opponents then pure combat/strength level. Jiren taking out Hit would be pretty crazy!

I hope Jiren is not the guy who is stronger then Beerus and his own god of destruction. I'm hoping it's from another universe (that's not in the tourney), which may lead to another arc later in the future

@DIABOLUS
-Based on the history of DB I can also see there being some sort of twist in the tourney, although I feel like this one will actually have a legit winner. I don't see it halted only because zeno-sama is above all.

I'll take a stab.
Waiting for this tourney got me thinking some of these questions. Any predictions below?

1. Who will take out Vegeta?
Jiren or Brianna de Chateau

2. Who will take out Hit?
I'm gonna say someone we haven't seen before.

3. Who will take out Toppo?
Gohan. Captain vs Captain. Goku gets the big bad or in this case Jiren

4. Do you think we'll see a new transformation from Goku (and/or Vegeta)?
Goku for sure. Vegeta will probably pull out more potential from SSJB, just a guess.

5. Do you think Goku and Jiren will be the last two remaining?
Toriyama likes to throw in gags here and there. My guess is he'll put in the storyboard that the last person standing will be someone we didn't expect.

6. Do you think there will another important wild card player that has yet to be announced
Yes. Plenty of options.

7. Who is the person that Whis said is stronger then Beerus and other god of destructions?
No idea on this one. Goku would have to beat that person. I don't see Goku anywhere near Beerus level currently. He's closing the gap but I don't expect Goku to beat or match Beerus until the end of Super.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back