The Mountain from Game of Thrones lost 100lbs, has a boxing fight coming up

You can’t judge boxing’s state by these circus fights.
What I meant was Bjornson is a star outside of boxing and Rogan was all in in the idea mma was going to surpass boxing

15 years later Dana White is throwing tantrums because thriller is gaining public interest because its creating stars overnight and the ones who are already popular like John Paul, Hall and Bjornson have no interest in mma

Reminds me of Marius Pudzianowski's attempt in martial arts.

I think MMA is more suited to these guys tbh

Yeah I heard he did karate since he was a kid and was on the back ground doing other martial arts all the time. I wonder later on how much of that skill could be performed with so much muscle mass in his body. When I see these guys fighting/sparring I wonder if it's just a lack of talent why they look so bad or maybe it's just that they are so bound up with muscles and so invested to weight lifting that it's biomechanically impossible to perform in this craft.

id say it’s the latter dude! Being that big and bulky can only be counterproductive as a boxer. These guys will hit hard enough to turn most people’s lights out, but it’s gonna be messy as fck. This fights gonna last about 30 seconds. And I expect to see some windmilling as well

Last edited:
No, but you can judge it by the approximate 5 competitive fights we see each year now...... while all the top competitors have near perfect records because almost nobody is willing to fight opponents on their own level anymore.

Yeah there’s a fair amount of truth in this post (though very over exaggerated), which makes me sad as a boxing fan

Yeah there’s a fair amount of truth in this post (though very over exaggerated), which makes me sad as a boxing fan

I'm a boxing fan too, so this isn't coming from a UFC fan trying to shit on the sport but it's become such a joke, that I barely watch it anymore. It needs a complete overhaul.

Besides fights rarely being competitive, the announcers are completely incompetent which just add to the shit show.

I'm a boxing fan too, so this isn't coming from a UFC fan trying to shit on the sport but it's become such a joke, that I barely watch it anymore. It needs a complete overhaul.

Besides fights rarely being competitive, the announcers are completely incompetent which just add to the shit show.

I agree dude

What I meant was Bjornson is a star outside of boxing and Rogan was all in in the idea mma was going to surpass boxing

15 years later Dana White is throwing tantrums because thriller is gaining public interest because its creating stars overnight and the ones who are already popular like John Paul, Hall and Bjornson have no interest in mma
Hate to break it to you boss, but MMA has surpassed boxing in pretty much every single metric and it's not even close.

They were showing the UFC fights during a Canelo fight for fucks sake to keep the fans occupied while boxing's Megastar napped on a cot till he was allowed to perform.

And Dana White only points out what a joke Triller is when specifically asked by the media. A few people made money but the whole production was a shit show.

I thought he had one a few months back. Must have been postponed.

Hate to break it to you boss, but MMA has surpassed boxing in pretty much every single metric and it's not even close.

They were showing the UFC fights during a Canelo fight for fucks sake to keep the fans occupied while boxing's Megastar napped on a cot till he was allowed to perform.

And Dana White only points out what a joke Triller is when specifically asked by the media. A few people made money but the whole production was a shit show.
You mean that one time when a pothead and the guy that De La HOya was going to fight were fighting for the BMF belt being presented by the Rock?<YeahOKJen>

Yeah I heard he did karate since he was a kid and was on the back ground doing other martial arts all the time. I wonder later on how much of that skill could be performed with so much muscle mass in his body. When I see these guys fighting/sparring I wonder if it's just a lack of talent why they look so bad or maybe it's just that they are so bound up with muscles and so invested to weight lifting that it's biomechanically impossible to perform in this craft.
He also has done a bit of boxing too. Pudzianowski always looked muscle bound to me when he fought. It just limits your movement too much and they don't have the biomechanical coordination necessary to perform ballistics movements like punching and kicking as good as the average fighter because you need to be loose to throw strikes effectively. And not to mention the stamina issues that many very muscular fighters suffer from.

the way he controls him with the jab is beautiful lol
Yeah and he really isn't reacting to it well at all. Hall has that problem that muscle bound guys get where they can't get their elbows together enough so it just leaves a huge gap up the middle that Lawton just exposes at will.

Last edited:
You mean that one time when a pothead and the guy that De La HOya was going to fight were fighting for the BMF belt being presented by the Rock?<YeahOKJen>

LMAO this is seriously your counter argument? Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal for a BMF belt, as a fun little nod to the fans?

You're delusional. The UFC puts on competitive fights nearly every week, while boxing puts on sparring sessions, which nobody gives a shit about.

I feel truly sorry for the few warriors left in boxing because the sport, as a whole, has become complete dog shit.

LMAO this is seriously your counter argument? Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal for a BMF belt, as a fun little nod to the fans?

You're delusional. The UFC puts on competitive fights nearly every week, while boxing puts on sparring sessions, which nobody gives a shit about.

I feel truly sorry for the few warriors left in boxing because the sport, as a whole, has become complete dog shit.
Boxing is in as healthy a place as it's ever been, and this month has been a good boxing month too with another great fight this weekend. Fighters are paid well, there's plenty of fan interest globally, there's always lots of events going on just the same as ever.

Just because you personally don't have as much interest as you apparently used to, that doesn't make your opinions worthwhile.

Pudzianowzki was better than them - he was much more explosive and athletic physically and more importantly he trained in boxing and kyokushin karate in his youth.

Yeah most likely he was.

It's less exaggerated than you think. It's sadly pretty close to being on point. Boxing eats itself to death and people will say it's always been around, but it's observable sliding away in importance, little by little.

The Paul brothers had interest in fighting with MMA rules, they were wrestlers

Rogan didn't consider that Boxing is more simple to train, you don't even need flexibilty in your legs, and non fighters and many boxers probably don't like the idea of been in the ground helpless taking punches and elbows (kicks to the head in Asia)

Back