The Most Upset You’ve Been Over A Fighter Losing?

Probably Aldo losing to Conor. Couldn’t/can’t stand Conor’s schtick and was/am a big Aldo fan. And then it happens in pretty much the worst way possible. Was a bummer.

Lmfao one of the darkest nights in MMA history for me. and I knew it was going to happen too, because of all the battles robbie was in

My dentist asked if I was going through some kind of trauma or marital problems, and I was too embarrassed to say it was just my favorite UFC fighter losing.

That def sucked, but not as bad because Fedor had already retired, come back, had the disastrous Maldonado fight….it was clear when he fought Mitrione that his chin was totally shot and he literally couldn’t afford to take a single hard punch or it’d end the fight.

There was vindication though: Fedor’s next fight against Mir was in driving distance of me (I had never seen him live before) and was happening on the weekend of my 40th birthday. My gf and I got 3rd row tickets for my birthday and seeing Fedor KO Mir and be victorious right in front of me is my favorite MMA memory.

Just don’t ask me about the time we flew all the way to LA to watch him fight Ryan Bader <lol>
And I was a big Mitrione fan, I met him and “fake trained” with him when he was I South Fl
He’s a nice dude
The UFC fucked him, it all started with that trans fighter Fallon fox, he spoke up and got slapped down for “political reasons “
When his contract was done, they offered him 20/20 and he was one ko away from the record at the time for hw
He made some money on Bellator but his last 2 fights were disasters (mistakes) and he got shuttled out
So i feel your pain Sherbro

GSP/Serra was rough for me as I was a big GSP fan since I got into the sport.

Shogun/Forrest was surreal. That was a tough one to swallow.

It's a dumb one but Browne beating Josh Barnett. I had a parlay bet on the old betting site "kountermove" and would have won something like $150 off a $1 bet had Josh even just landed a few punches. The fact he lost so fast with zero offense lost me an almost guaranteed win. I got way too pissed over nothing.

But hey, I learned early on that gambling wasn't for me.

Aldo vs conor

All that shit talking and mind games that conor played and it worked. I remember having a bad feeling the day of the fight and ended up skipping it and not watching it till it was over and I had already known what happened.

Close 2nd were the two losses that Anderson had against wildman.

I remember feeling really bad for Rampage when he got KO'd by Wanderlei the 2nd time. He really worked so hard to get revenge and wound up getting destroyed even worse than the first time.

When Fedor lost to Werdum I was a little sad, but he got caught, it happens. Doesn't mean he's not still the monster that he used to be.

But when he lost to Bigfoot.... Especially the way he lost.... Man that was a dark time. In fact, I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

That ppv where Aldo got KOed in twelve seconds, Weidman got changed by GnP from Rockhold, Romero beat Jacare

Ugly night

Anderson Silva losing to the Chris was heartbreaking.

Ditto Cain wrecking JDS.
Both Silva/Weidman fights got me, esp the second because that's when reality hit that the Spider's reign was not coming back.

Rampage, Jardine, and Rashad beating Chuck also got to me, the latter two especially.

I'm way older now and don't get near as invested in individual careers, so it's less of a thing anymore.

Strickland DDP
Diaz Conor 2
Jan Glover
Diaz Condit
Glover Jiri
Volk Islam/Ilia
Cain JDS 2
Silva Weidman
Rumble DC
Lawler Woodley
Lawler Barbarena
Diaz Lawler 2