• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The most unpleasant character in all fiction

Scar from The Lion King is a pretty bad hombre.

gtfo with that highbrow shit. Human centipede doctor > all.

You should listen to la corneta radio show, fucking hilarious shit

They were talking about the viability of the human centipede and ended up with the idea of making a closed circuit human centipede with all mexican governors.

How do you deal with the plot twist written by the Gnostics:

Everything peaceful, loving and good attributed to God in the scripture was done by the One True God.

Everything vulgar, violent and megalomaniacal attributed to God in scripture was actually done by the creating Demiurge; a sort of base, retarded god.
I've mentioned them in the Jesus threads here. The gnostics make a lot more sense than the regular sky wizard groups. They can at least give a somewhat reasonable answer for the age old "why does God let bad things happen" and "if God is perfect and all powerful then why can't he just do ________"

Then maybe you aren't qualified to make such sweeping statements about fiction, yeah?

Be less creative with your next diatribe. It's not your wheelhouse.

Which are sweeping? These are facts about god if he exists. Did he not drown people in a flood? Counter the points I mentioned if you can.

Why? Wouldn't you prefer to read an American classic like The Great Gatsby?
Read it. Not as interesting as the murder, lust, incest, violence and insanity in the Bible.

Humanity should learn ethics from philosophy and humanism as religion provides no moral compass. Blocking condoms for aids ridden Africa. Cutting off hands for theft. Stoning for adultry. Slavery is OK in these ancient books.

1. Why did God create anything? He's bored and wants intelligent and fully conscious beings to spend eternity with. I highly doubt Adam is going to be imprisoned for ever.

2. Had to be done. Giants and fallen angels were running amok. Lets be honest here, you don't care about those women and children.

3. Yeah he created the ability to choose between good and evil. Satan has influenced many people. Satan may not be able to kill but he sure likes trying to manipulate people to do his work. No one is raping the earth and humans like he is.

4. Yeah he stopped evil humans from consuming the good ones. I have no problem with the way he manages his creations. His message, the way he wants us to live and the way he wants us to act is pretty clear and shouldn't cause so much confusion.

5. Different times and culture. It all seems silly now. I don't think God wants people to stone others and all that.

6. God is not hiding from me. Unfortunately the devil isn't either :(

7. Old English and the king James version is hard to understand.

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

25 And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

Who cares anyway, there's so much good stuff hidden in the bible.

So you can speak for god as you know he gets bored. A perfect, all knowing, omnipotent life force without human emotion gets "bored". Lol

Where is the good stuff in the Bible you claim? You will need to do a lot of cherry picking and ignore the bad stuff.

Read it. Not as interesting as the murder, lust, incest, violence and insanity in the Bible.

Humanity should learn ethics from philosophy and humanism as religion provides no moral compass. Blocking condoms for aids ridden Africa. Cutting off hands for theft. Stoning for adultry. Slavery is OK in these ancient books.

Maybe you could put together various philosophies and ethics into a coherent ideological structure. Then maybe imbue stories and examples with these philosophies so people would be able to understand them better. You could put this in a book or something.

It seems the religion provide reasons why you should follow a moral compass to begin with. No?

Also would you mind explaining to me philosophically why i should not go on a stabbing spree at a kindergarten?

EDIT: Also when it comes to unpleasant fictional characters:

rs_500x281-140312120208-games-recap-ep10-8.gif

Demiurge in the Old Testament Who??

Last edited:
God is Love, he loves you even if you hate him.

My 4 year old loves this song.

A lot of the morally worst characters have a kind of appeal that makes it hard to call them "unpleasant." My choice would probably be Charles Kinbote. Combines the craziness that we see on display here with extreme self-centeredness and comes off more pathetic than charming or awe-inspiring.

"the judge" in blood meridian by cormac mccarthy.

A lot of the morally worst characters have a kind of appeal that makes it hard to call them "unpleasant." My choice would probably be Charles Kinbote. Combines the craziness that we see on display here with extreme self-centeredness and comes off more pathetic than charming or awe-inspiring.
I've noticed that novel has seen quite a resurgence in lit departments around universities since I left.
"the judge" in blood meridian by cormac mccarthy.
He is pretty despicable.

In regards to the killing of Egypt's firstborn

Matthew Henry Commentary11:4-10

"The death of all the first-born in Egypt at once: this plague had been the first threatened, but is last executed. See how slow God is to wrath. The plague is foretold, the time is fixed; all their first-born should sleep the sleep of death, not silently, but so as to rouse the families at midnight. The prince was not too high to be reached by it, nor the slaves at the mill too low to be noticed. While angels slew the Egyptians, not so much as a dog should bark at any of the children of Israel. It is an earnest of the difference there shall be in the great day, between God's people and his enemies. Did men know what a difference God puts, and will put to eternity, between those that serve him and those that serve him not, religion would not seem to them an indifferent thing; nor would they act in it with so much carelessness as they do. When Moses had thus delivered his message, he went out from Pharaoh in great anger at his obstinacy; though he was the meekest of the men of the earth. The Scripture has foretold the unbelief of many who hear the gospel, that it might not be a surprise or stumbling-block to us, Ro 10:16. Let us never think the worse of the gospel of Christ for the slights men put upon it. Pharaoh was hardened, yet he was compelled to abate his stern and haughty demands, till the Israelites got full freedom. In like manner the people of God will find that every struggle against their spiritual adversary, made in the might of Jesus Christ, every attempt to overcome him by the blood of the Lamb, and every desire to attain increasing likeness and love to that Lamb, will be rewarded by increasing freedom from the enemy of souls."

This thread is too fedoracore for me, I'm out.

I've noticed that novel has seen quite a resurgence in lit departments around universities since I left.

He is pretty despicable.

Good to hear.

And to anyone not familiar, here's a bit that illustrates the character well:

Hallucinations! Well did I know that among certain youthful instructors whose advances I had rejected there was at least one evil practical joker; I knew it ever since the time I came home from a very enjoyable and successful meeting of students and teachers (at which I had exuberantly thrown off my coat and shown several willing pupils a few of the amusing holds employed by Zemblan wrestlers) and found in my coat pocket a brutal anonymous note saying: “You have hal . . . . . s real bad, chum,” meaning evidently “hallucinations,” although a malevolent critic might infer from the insufficient number of dashes that little Mr. Anon, despite teaching freshman English, could hardly spell.

Classic CT reading of a helpful note about his breath.

Scar from The Lion King is a pretty bad hombre.

He's actually not that bad. "Run away simba, and never return". He should of just killed him at that point (musfusa being out of the way and Simba still a child) yet he just exiles him, giving him the opportunity to grow up and return with those Alpha Mufusa genes, to depose scar.

Back