The Most Realistic Sword Game Since Bushido Blade

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This game is fun as hell and once they start adding more chatarchers it will be awesome.

Right now there are only about 5 swords and feels like a beta but you can feel the potential I. Gameplay.

Steam has it for 15$ right now but there is a free demo to try out

Kingdom Come Deliverance had what seemed to be pretty realistic sword fighting. It was so realistic I could never get the hang of it. Still played the game for about 30 hours.

Ya this game is fantastic, I've been playing it since the first demo was released.

The people that designed this used real HEMA practitioners for motion detecting, so its super realistic.

It should get better with time and updates as well. Well worth the $15 they are asking right now.

Ya this game is fantastic, I've been playing it since the first demo was released.

The people that designed this used real HEMA practitioners for motion detecting, so its super realistic.

It should get better with time and updates as well. Well worth the $15 they are asking right now.

Did you buy it. I did and that fencer chick is pissing me off. I need to away to pairy the jab with the long sword. Fencing is unfair

Did you buy it. I did and that fencer chick is pissing me off. I need to away to pairy the jab with the long sword. Fencing is unfair
I will later tonight after work so I haven't used the new characters yet.

What you are describing is consistent with real life however, and the reason swords started to become more thrust-centric once the days of full plate armor went away. A Long Sword with full plate armor would absolutely destroy the fencer though, unless they can thrust between the seams of armor. Ironically Long Sword with armor is more of an inside grappling art.

This game looks awesome and I will try it out (probably tonight).

The animations look more realistic than Mordhau's, but I'm not prepared to say that the game is more realistic overall until I've put in some time playing. I think what the controls are like and how much freedom is given are large factors in realism. Mordhau really shines in the huge amount of freedom you have in attacking from every angle, defending in many different ways (dodging, blocking, parrying, and chambering), kicking, and feinting.

They need to make a Highlander game using this.
A Highlander game would be something that's tough to do well, but could be really awesome.

My take would be having a single player story mode to get acclimated and the main game being a few different online server types. Online servers would have different lengths of time before reset. There could be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month servers. If I'm alone and everyone else hates the idea of persistent MMO style servers, there could be matches that are 10-30 minutes in length that would be much more action packed killing frenzies. You could get cosmetic items as rewards for various achievements in a server (# of kills, reaching certain ranks, being at certain ranks when the server resets). Experience and level ups would be gained based on the level of the players that you kill just like absorbing power in the movies/show. There could be hardcore servers where your character either suffers perma-death or resets at level 1 upon death. NPCs could grant very small amounts of XP and loot when you kill them.

I'm all about this hypothetical Highlander game. Lol

Last edited:
A Highlander game would be something that's tough to do well, but could be really awesome.

My take would be having a single player story mode to get acclimated and the main game being a few different online server types. Online servers would have different lengths of time before reset. There could be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month servers. If I'm alone and everyone else hates the idea of persistent MMO style servers, there could be matches that are 10-30 minutes in length that would be much more action packed killing frenzies. You could get cosmetic items as rewards for various achievements in a server (# of kills, reaching certain ranks, being at certain ranks when the server resets). Experience and level ups would be gained based on the level of the level of players that you kill. There could be a hardcore servers where your character either suffers perma-death or resets at level 1 upon death. NPCs could grant very small amounts of XP and loot when you kill them.

I'm all about this hypothetical Highlander game. Lol
Yeah, it could be awesome if done right. Collect different swords and different sword styles. Make swords customizable. Make your style a bit customizable based on your size and stats. Have the environment you fight in vary like the show and movies, interactable, like getting throw over railings or through windows.

This game looks awesome and I will try it out (probably tonight).

The animations look more realistic than Mordhau's, but I'm not prepared to say that the game is more realistic overall until I've put in some time playing. I think what the controls are like and how much freedom is given are large factors in realism. Mordhau really shines in the huge amount of freedom you have in attacking from every angle, defending in many different ways (dodging, blocking, parrying, and chambering), kicking, and feinting.
Is Mordhau still a thing? I remember when it came out and I was just too busy with other shit to try it.

The devs are showcasing the game live on their Steam page now. Looks interesting.

Is it just fighting or is there a full story as well?

What you are describing is consistent with real life however, and the reason swords started to become more thrust-centric once the days of full plate armor went away. A Long Sword with full plate armor would absolutely destroy the fencer though, unless they can thrust between the seams of armor. Ironically Long Sword with armor is more of an inside grappling art.

Yep, fencing ruining armoured knights with their parrying and pearcing into the knights weak spots with pinpoint accurcenry...just walking and dancing around an armoured knight would be easy.

The devs are showcasing the game live on their Steam page now. Looks interesting.

Is it just fighting or is there a full story as well?

No story yet and only 5 fighters but more coming soon. Just fights for now

Yep, fencing ruining armoured knights with their parrying and pearcing into the knights weak spots with pinpoint accurcenry...just walking and dancing around an armoured knight would be easy.

Depends on field of battle. Open field the fencer can stay away but a living space and knight pushes him into a corner.

Is Mordhau still a thing? I remember when it came out and I was just too busy with other shit to try it.
Yeah. It's a lot of fun, but be warned: the skill curve is steep. If you've played chivalry, you'll know exactly what kind of game types and general experience you're getting into. The combat mechanics in Mordhau are much better than Chivalry, but the premise of the game and the hardcore nature is the same.

this does sound interesting, the video won't play for me.

Where and how to play this game?

You're very wrong. The rapier was a civilian weapon that was used for dueling and for carrying in urban areas. They were not superior to longswords or other two handed swords for single combat.

The decline of armor was due to the rise of firearms and was largely an economic decision. It was not because fencers were dicing up knights.

Not exactly. It was gunfire that put the nail in the coffin for armored knights. A full plate armored knight with a longsword versus a non armored thrust oriented fencer would be able to use all of the long range attacks, rather than a armored knight versus armored knight situation where slashes and cuts are useless so they utilize half-swording techniques to get inside and grapple for a take down, then stab through cracks with a Rondel dagger. When it came to actual warfare polearms are much better weapons, and swords are more of a back up anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back