The Most Realistic Sword Game Since Bushido Blade

I bought it. It's really fun to play against the AI for a little while and it would be awesome to play against other people, but for whatever reason the game slows down dramatically when I play multiplayer. Slow-mo sword fighting is less fun than regular speed sword fighting.

Anyone been playing this? I've got a few hours in now, mostly playing survival mode. My best is 13 with Gedeon.

It seems like Isabella should be really good, but I suck with her.

@Smokes

Yep, fencing ruining armoured knights with their parrying and pearcing into the knights weak spots with pinpoint accurcenry...just walking and dancing around an armoured knight would be easy.
What in real life? That’s completely unrealistic. Those “weak spots generally cover up as someone is articulating and would be next to impossible to actually hit. Furthermore, those knights in armor aren’t nearly as immobile as people have been lead to believe. They could definitely just charge straight into the fencer and the fencer wouldn’t be able to get out of the way fast enough.

What in real life? That’s completely unrealistic. Those “weak spots generally cover up as someone is articulating and would be next to impossible to actually hit. Furthermore, those knights in armor aren’t nearly as immobile as people have been lead to believe. They could definitely just charge straight into the fencer and the fencer wouldn’t be able to get out of the way fast enough.
Correct

Yep, fencing ruining armoured knights with their parrying and pearcing into the knights weak spots with pinpoint accurcenry...just walking and dancing around an armoured knight would be easy.
lol no it wouldn't. have you seen how fast fully armoured people move? I'd take full armour and a 2 hander over a fencing style sword and no armour. fully armoured knights can do legit somersaults

[yt]

lol no it wouldn't. have you seen how fast fully armoured people move? I'd take full armour and a 2 hander over a fencing style sword and no armour. fully armoured knights can do legit somersaults

[yt]

Yeah it’s a myth. Sure it’s limiting but people make it sound like they’re turtles. Further more those “weak spots” are usually covered by some kind of padded armor or chainmail. Even if the fencer managed the impossible he isn’t going through that shit with a rapier

Yeah it’s a myth. Sure it’s limiting but people make it sound like they’re turtles. Further more those “weak spots” are usually covered by some kind of padded armor or chainmail. Even if the fencer managed the impossible he isn’t going through that shit with a rapier
You could pierce gambeson and chainmail with a rapier for sure, but the odds of you hitting one of those seams is very low, and even if you did that doesn't stop them right in their tracks they will continue to close the gap. These are vital targets however in a knight vs knight duel, but typically they are using half-swording techniques to close the gap to grapple and utilize the rondel dagger to attack these weak points as well as the slit in the face mask once they get them on their back.

Half-Swording is pretty cool stuff and you don't really see it represented in movies/shows:

Last edited:
A new character dropped yesterday and he's pretty fun to play as. This game is really incredible and is arguably the most realistic feeling game that I've ever played. I'm really enjoying watching this game progress and improve. Not only does it feel amazing it's visually impressive as well. The new stages look great.

from what I've run across so far it has a little bit of move-spam abuse especially where some character's point thrusts are longer and faster per frame than your fanciest swirly swipe

but that's just a common issue for fighting games generally, takes nothing away from the design

from what I've run across so far it has a little bit of move-spam abuse especially where some character's point thrusts are longer and faster per frame than your fanciest swirly swipe

but that's just a common issue for fighting games generally, takes nothing away from the design
Are you parrying the thrusts? If you hold the trigger to extend your arm forward and press your low attack button, you smack their tip downward and create a counterattack opportunity. I do that against the rapier constantly.

Are you parrying the thrusts? If you hold the trigger to extend your arm forward and press your low attack button, you smack their tip downward and create a counterattack opportunity. I do that against the rapier constantly.
This, and use side stepping and come in with an attack from the outside. I haven't had any issues with spamming in this game at all, in fact spamming gets you killed pretty easily just like running straight in will.

New character just dropped today, with a Schiavonna:

Likely as close as I'll get to 19th century Military Sabre which is what I prefer.

This game need an op Indiana Jones type character where he just shoots the sword men.

Back