The most iconic movie character of all time

Who is the most iconic movie character of all time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Part-PAR-Par6190046-1-1-0.jpg

/thread

I like Darth Vader as much as the next guy, but he's not even the main character. He barely squeaks past 30 minutes of screen time in total.

The correct answer from that list is clearly Bond.

I like Darth Vader as much as the next guy, but he's not even the main character. He barely squeaks past 30 minutes of screen time in total.

The correct answer from that list is clearly Bond.
I think Star Wars fans overrate his popularity. Darth Vader is not that well known outside of America, especially among the older people. Most young people know him, but I doubt most of the 50 or 60+ age category know.

Depends who you ask and what era they grew up. I think the average age here is 37 or so from what I remember. So it's not surprising Darth Vader is #1 in this forum, which I also picked.

I bet if you ask someone who's over 70, they would pick someone like Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind.

Willy from the political thriller Free Willy

What a shit list.

Batman, The Joker, Superman, Lex Luther, Dracula, Frankenstein, Godzilla, and King Kong are probably all ahead of anyone on this list.

What a shit list.

Batman, The Joker, Superman, Lex Luther, Dracula, Frankenstein, Godzilla, and King Kong are probably all ahead of anyone on this list.
Do you really think the average person even knows who Lex Luther or even The Joker are? Maybe the current generation, but I doubt most people over the age of 40 even heard of them.

Do you really think the average person even knows who Lex Luther or even The Joker are? Maybe the current generation, but I doubt most people over the age of 40 even heard of them.
Never heard about Lex Luther or Joker? Superman and Batman comics have been around for like 80 years.

Never heard about Lex Luther or Joker? Superman and Batman comics have been around for like 80 years.
Sure, and I'm sure almost everyone in the world has heard of Superman. And most have heard of Batman. But I doubt most people know or care about the Joker or Lex Luthor. Unless they are a fan of the franchise.

They simply don't compare to someone like James Bond. I think pretty much everyone in the world with access to a TV knows who James Bond is. Do you really think your grandma knows who Lex Luthor is?

Gotta be between James Bond and Darth Vader.

At least based on this list.

Are you Joking? People over 40 grew up on that shit. Everyone over 40 has heard of them. Batman was a very popular TV series in the 1960's. Superman had a popular TV series in the 1950's. Cesar Romero played the Joker in the Batman series. He was one of the most popular actors of the era.

The original mainstream Superman film was in 1978. Grossed over $300 Million worldwide. In 1978. It was the highest grossing film in the US in 1978. At the time, it was the most successful film Warner brothers ever made. Gene Hackman was Lex Luther.

The original mainstream Batman film was in 1989. It grossed over $400 Million. That's 1989 $. A teenager who watched that is in their late 40's/early 50's now. Jack Nicholson put the Joker on the map the world over.

That's not even counting the countless cartoons and spinoffs all over the world.

James Bond is certainly up there on the list though.

Last edited:
Are you Joking? People over 40 grew up on that shit. Everyone over 40 has heard of them. Batman was a very popular TV series in the 1960's. Superman had a popular TV series in the 1950's. Cesar Romero played the Joker in the Batman series. He was one of the most popular actors of the era.

The original mainstream Superman film was in 1978. Grossed over $300 Million worldwide. In 1978. It was the highest grossing film in the US in 1978. At the time, it waas the most successful film Warner brothers ever made.

The original mainstream Batman film was in 1989. It grossed over $400 Million. That's 1989 $. A teenager who watched that is in their late 40's/early 50's now

That's not even counting the countless cartoons and spinoffs all over the world.
I think this mostly applies to people in the USA. This stuff never reached the same level of popularity elsewhere.

A I said, everyone with acces to a TV knows who James Bond is. Same can't be said for most others on this list.

Darth Vader

Thanks to his look and James Earl Jones Epic Voice.

Back