The Moose speaks on Adesanya.

I think he'd be even more baffled standing than against Machida.

He barely got past an older machida. I don’t think he’d win against Izzy.

Moose should stick to fighting welterweights and having close decisions with guys at the tail end of their career.

I feel like Izzy is exactly the type of fight Moose tends to get brutally hurt/KTFO in.

Please tell me it's a joke because I think Gegard is a very tough pick.

Easy money for Mousasi.

He barely got past an older machida. I don’t think he’d win against Izzy.
He dominated all 3 rounds....... numbers back it up and 2/3 judges .....and my eyeballs. Uneventful- yes. One sided - yes ( outside judge Mike Bell ?????? I can't explain. At least John recanted his live call after re watch).

Gegard has a bigger problem coming up. Hes way to over confident in what s probably the fight of the year vs D Lima. Mousasi often frequents sherdog and I hope he reads. They'll be no weight advantage as Lima is an enormous welter ( maybe a few pounds) . Gegard " should" have a strength advantage . D.Lima is at the absolute best of his career. I've already argued with some fellow posters on opening line . Mousasi opened and closed -350 vs Rory. We all saw what happened. My biggest fear has come to fruition as I've seen a few places open Gegard a mere -145 vs Lima. Sometimes L.Vegas ( sometimes) is telling a story and an opinion with opener. They're telling me that they think Lima is going to win this fight. I hope I'm wrong and line will drift up to-170, -180....... and they know it.

Just to put in perspective- if Lovato was still around , we'd see an opener of Mousasi -280/ +240 to regain title ( vs the 5-1 favorite he was in 1st). Hes the superior fighter and hed be healthy favorite. He was a 4-1 favorite vs a past it machida and would be the same 4-1 if a part 3 happened.

I hate that Bellator has their 2 best fighters fighting - cause 1 has to lose, one wont get the credit he deserves if he does win and they only have a handful of elite to begin with ( you might even be able to count on one hand).

I hope Gegard Mousasi treats this like the fight of his life then and only then my take on fight will be different. A part of me wants this fight to be cancelled but Mousasis prime years are winding down.

I'd actually bet money on Gegard vs Israel and I cant believe what I'm about to say but I cant ignore these opening numbers but I'll be laying down a bet on Lima .....and I hope Mousasi makes a fool of me .This is one bet I won't mind paying off. Ah - the irony ( moose, izz ,lima). Styles, circumstances and mindsets( mental) all play a big part in this game.

I cant believe I posted what I just posted but there it is . Most " so called" experts will break down this fight and pick mousasi...... and I hope they're all right -
I really do.

THIS IS THE TRUE super fight that was supposed to be moose - rory. Mousasi v Izz would be another super fight ( promotion v promotion- especially with styles but we all know that fight ain't happening)

Last edited:
Easy money for Mousasi.
I bet on Gegard as well. I dont know about " easy". Becsuse Izz ufc champ and his evolution has been Phoenix like, Vegas would open Izz at -170 / +155 .
I'll take the dutchman all day ( as long as fight would happen within year.....which isnt going to hapoen).

Moose should stick to fighting welterweights and having close decisions with guys at the tail end of their career.
He made the durable Macdonald tap like a bitty baby and did u actually watch mousasi vs machida 2 .....lol . Uneventful but one sided ( 2 of the 3 judges were actually paying attention).

Also - you ever get your eye socket broken 40 seconds into a fight ( to s-menko 's credit) ? Fight with no depth perception and still gut out a win and get your hand raised ?

Why dont you ask Raphael Carvalho the difference of fighting mousasi and todays machida ,lol ( carvalho got jobbed out of a split vs machida ).

Start using that mute button on your remote. A great tool to self educate yourself and then listen to commentary ( you can see who u can learn from and who u cant [ or maybe that individual having a bad day] )

Continue to fight welterweights ??? You're talking about a middleweight who is undefeated at open weight , has never turned down a fight and begged and was first to throw hat in to fight Cormier and Rumble when Jones fell out of UFC 200 and then when DC got injured before Rumble fight.
I'm glad Anderson got DC fight cause style/size, moose would've lost ....instead he ko-ed the enormous Thiago Santos on very same card. I was hoping rumble would take fight cause I would've bet Mousasi on that one and I would've gotten 2-1 on my money .
Anthony declined and was refreshingly honest about it being a fight he " could " lose and he trained for a different opponent and " IF" he wouldve lost- it wouldve of been a significant setback as far as getting title shot.

People say the damndest things-

Last edited:
He dominated all 3 rounds....... numbers back it up and 2/3 judges .....and my eyeballs. Uneventful- yes. One sided - yes ( outside judge Mike Bell ?????? I can't explain. At least John recanted his live call after re watch).

Gegard has a bigger problem coming up. Hes way to over confident in what s probably the fight of the year vs D Lima. Mousasi often frequents sherdog and I hope he reads. They'll be no weight advantage as Lima is an enormous welter ( maybe a few pounds) . Gegard " should" have a strength advantage . D.Lima is at the absolute best of his career. I've already argued with some fellow posters on opening line . Mousasi opened and closed -350 vs Rory. We all saw what happened. My biggest fear has come to fruition as I've seen a few places open Gegard a mere -145 vs Lima. Sometimes L.Vegas ( sometimes) is telling a story and an opinion with opener. They're telling me that they think Lima is going to win this fight. I hope I'm wrong and line will drift up to-170, -180....... and they know it.

Just to put in perspective- if Lovato was still around , we'd see an opener of Mousasi -280/ +240 to regain title ( vs the 5-1 favorite he was in 1st). Hes the superior fighter and hed be healthy favorite. He was a 4-1 favorite vs a past it machida and would be the same 4-1 if a part 3 happened.

I hate that Bellator has their 2 best fighters fighting - cause 1 has to lose, one wont get the credit he deserves if he does win and they only have a handful of elite to begin with ( you might even be able to count on one hand).

I hope Gegard Mousasi treats this like the fight of his life then and only then my take on fight will be different. A part of me wants this fight to be cancelled but Mousasis prime years are winding down.

I'd actually bet money on Gegard vs Israel and I cant believe what I'm about to say but I cant ignore these opening numbers but I'll be laying down a bet on Lima .....and I hope Mousasi makes a fool of me .This is one bet I won't mind paying off. Ah - the irony ( moose, izz ,lima). Styles, circumstances and mindsets( mental) all play a big part in this game.

I cant believe I posted what I just posted but there it is . Most " so called" experts will break down this fight and pick mousasi...... and I hope they're all right -
I really do.

THIS IS THE TRUE super fight that was supposed to be moose - rory. Mousasi v Izz would be another super fight ( promotion v promotion- especially with styles but we all know that fight ain't happening)

Love the read. Great insight

I really do.

I think your a good poster but domination? Even if you think he won no way was that a domination. Stats don’t tell the whole story. Moose landed twice as many strikes as machida in their first fight and machida won that clearly. So... let’s agree to disagree haha

I think your a good poster but domination? Even if you think he won no way was that a domination. Stats don’t tell the whole story. Moose landed twice as many strikes as machida in their first fight and machida won that clearly. So... let’s agree to disagree haha

I agree with 1st fight. Machida won fight on crisp counters and sig strikes while getting outsruck 66-35. Mousasi fell into trap of fighting machida s fight. When I say domination, i mean that he won all 3 rounds by unloading on counters that were ALL the telling blows on his end and sent lyoto reeling. I did say fight was uneventful and my only knock on mousasi was being tentative and not going in for kill when he couldve.

Whenever a mousasi fight goes to a decision ( not that many of them) , he is in deadpan - emotion less mode. When the scores 28-29, 30-27,30-27 were read, I've never seen moose out of character after first score was read.He was pretty animated .
I've noticed ( in past) that you've been on same side of fence as me so its ( like u said...in other words) all good.

Just wanted to explain.

He made the durable Macdonald tap like a bitty baby and did u actually watch mousasi vs machida 2 .....lol . Uneventful but one sided ( 2 of the 3 judges were actually paying attention).

Also - you ever get your eye socket broken 40 seconds into a fight ( to s-menko 's credit) ? Fight with no depth perception and still gut out a win and get your hand raised ?

Why dont you ask Raphael Carvalho the difference of fighting mousasi and todays machida ,lol ( carvalho got jobbed out of a split vs machida ).

Start using that mute button on your remote. A great tool to self educate yourself and then listen to commentary ( you can see who u can learn from and who u cant [ or maybe that individual having a bad day] )

Continue to fight welterweights ??? You're talking about a middleweight who is undefeated at open weight , has never turned down a fight and begged and was first to throw hat in to fight Cormier and Rumble when Jones fell out of UFC 200 and then when DC got injured before Rumble fight.
I'm glad Anderson got DC fight cause style/size, moose would've lost ....instead he ko-ed the enormous Thiago Santos on very same card. I was hoping rumble would take fight cause I would've bet Mousasi on that one and I would've gotten 2-1 on my money .
Anthony declined and was refreshingly honest about it being a fight he " could " lose and he trained for a different opponent and " IF" he wouldve lost- it wouldve of been a significant setback as far as getting title shot.

People say the damndest things-
Ahh welcome to Sherdog, Gegard!

Mousasi has always been a favourite of mine ....Izzy would likely have a easy time with him at this stage ....you bandwagon jumpers will be back on the Izzy hype train after he pieces up Costa

Ahh welcome to Sherdog, Gegard!
Why dont you take a looksie at the 17 year career of one of the best - clean mixed martial arts fighter of its existence ......and hes only 34 . I'm assuming YOU REALLY aren't familiar with his career.

Dont come on and spout baseless nonsense and you'll be expunged from my wrath.

Mousasi has always been a favourite of mine ....Izzy would likely have a easy time with him at this stage ....you bandwagon jumpers will be back on the Izzy hype train after he pieces up Costa
Whoa - I so disagree and I'm a mousasi supporter ( as most know). In fact , Mousasi still has a couple prime years left. Izzy would be favored but itd be in the -170 / +155 range. Mousasi looks fine to me ( hes just fighting a bit tentative so I could see someone digesting it differently). I'm more worried about his mental "lulls" towards opponents than anything else. Like I've stated in an earlier post , I'd put money on moose vs izz( on moose)( if I'm wrong...I'm wrong. It's a fight he could win or lose ).
I'm actually more concerned about his upcoming opponent where he'll be a slight /mild favorite vs Lima .... for different reasons. This is what makes this sport so great/interesting.

Back