The Moose speaks on Adesanya.

Whoa - I so disagree and I'm a mousasi supporter ( as most know). In fact , Mousasi still has a couple prime years left. Izzy would be favored but itd be in the -170 / +155 range. Mousasi looks fine to me ( hes just fighting a bit tentative so I could see someone digesting it differently). I'm more worried about his mental "lulls" towards opponents than anything else. Like I've stated in an earlier post , I'd put money on moose vs izz( if I'm wrong...I'm wrong. It's a fight he could win or lose ).
I'm actually more concerned about his upcoming opponent where he'll be a slight /mild favorite vs Lima .... for different reasons. This is what makes this sport so great/interesting.
I think Mousasi is on the decline....hard to say when he’s been fighting 40 year olds and Ww’s honestly.....I’ve never rooted against Mousasi one time his entire career.... hope he proves me wrong

I think Mousasi is on the decline....hard to say when he’s been fighting 40 year olds and Ww’s honestly.....I’ve never rooted against Mousasi one time his entire career.... hope he proves me wrong
I'll tell you what- ......let's be fair ( and I'm even saying a prime mousasi could lose to the the best /prime Lima were seeing and the weight difference between the 2 Come fight night will be A FEW POUNDS. Lima an enormous ww. I'll call it now 198/ 194).

Watch the last 2 mousasi fights and ask yourself was Gegard Mousasi hurt or in trouble once ONCE in either fight.

Then ask yourself how many times did mousasi put the hurt on the 2 opponents ?

Again- humor me. I might have some bias but when I see a " past it " Gegard Mousasi, I'll be the first mofo to admit it.
I support Gegard and one of his biggest supporters but he doesnt pay my bills.

Lastly - If the Mousasi that showed up to fight Rory ( I'm not even talking the result ) which wasnt that long ago , I'll put money on that mousasi vs any 185er in world ( humor me AND JUST watch intros and the shape he came into for that fight ).

Josh punk Thomson is another guy who goes crazy when he hears that mousasi has regressed in some way...... yet .

Humor me

I'll tell you what- ......let's be fair ( and I'm even saying a prime mousasi could lose to the the best /prime Lima were seeing and the weight difference between the 2 Come fight night will be A FEW POUNDS. Lima an enormous ww. I'll call it now 198/ 194).

Watch the last 2 mousasi fights and ask yourself was Gegard Mousasi hurt or in trouble once ONCE in either fight.

Then ask yourself how many times did mousasi put the hurt on the 2 opponents ?

Again- humor me. I might have some bias but when I see a " past it " Gegard Mousasi, I'll be the first mofo to admit it.
I support Gegard and one of his biggest supporters but he doesnt pay my bills.

Lastly - If the Mousasi that showed up to fight Rory ( I'm not even talking the result ) which wasnt that long ago , I'll put money on that mousasi vs any 185er in world ( humor me AND JUST watch intros and the shape he came into for that fight ).

Josh punk Thomson is another guy who goes crazy when he hears that mousasi has regressed in some way...... yet .

Humor me
I guess I don’t hold Mw Lima in such high regard .... Rory was suppose to be a big ww as well and he looked tiny imo .....Mousasi isn’t taking damage because he isn’t fighting elite mw’s any more .....Rory was looking for the door and machida is in his 40’s ...so hard to say what that means ..... I really wish Mousasi had stayed with the ufc .... so many great fights for him( if he’s getting better deal with bellator then I’m happy for him,) ...but he’s a big fish in a small pond now ...so difficult to say where he’s at

I guess I don’t hold Mw Lima in such high regard .... Rory was suppose to be a big ww as well and he looked tiny imo .....Mousasi isn’t taking damage because he isn’t fighting elite mw’s any more .....Rory was looking for the door and machida is in his 40’s ...so hard to say what that means ..... I really wish Mousasi had stayed with the ufc .... so many great fights for him( if he’s getting better deal with bellator then I’m happy for him,) ...but he’s a big fish in a small pond now ...so difficult to say where he’s at
Rory is a decent size welter but mousasi had inches , weight (9 -10 pounds) and a SIGNIFICANT strength advantage( and just a better fighter). Gegard was a -350 favorite because of this. I've already been taken back by some openers I've seen vs Lima ( a mere -145 .... think about that . - unless they take down and re adjust as I only see 2 outfits with odds).

Mousasi was just too tentative and hell bent on " machida-ing machida" which he did but uneventful . Everytime machida s foot went above the elbow of Gegard, Mousasi either punched him in face with one punch or 1-2 combo that sent lyoto reeling. Mousasi didnt go in for finish and tried to explain why afterwards ( too much respect).

I obviously cant compare the overall competition with UFC. I'd be a moron to try but his easiest fight was a destruction of Raphael Carvalho for title ( who is no joke and thought he was robbed in a split vs machida ..... and machida is past it but hes not 48 like hendo was or even 42,43 year olds who are still enjoying some success in both promotions).

I love the mousasi Lima fight cause it might just be the fight of the year but I hate it cause,imo, BMMA is putting their 2 best current fighters against one another and if one of them wins , he'll get ridiculous credit and if the other wins , little will be said which is sad cause this is a true " super fight".

Rory is a decent size welter but mousasi had inches , weight (9 -10 pounds) and a SIGNIFICANT strength advantage( and just a better fighter). Gegard was a -350 favorite because of this. I've already been taken back by some openers I've seen vs Lima ( a mere -145 .... think about that . - unless they take down and re adjust as I only see 2 outfits with odds).

Mousasi was just too tentative and hell bent on " machida-ing machida" which he did but uneventful . Everytime machida s foot went above the elbow of Gegard, Mousasi either punched him in face with one punch or 1-2 combo that sent lyoto reeling. Mousasi didnt go in for finish and tried to explain why afterwards ( too much respect).

I obviously cant compare the overall competition with UFC. I'd be a moron to try but his easiest fight was a destruction of Raphael Carvalho for title ( who is no joke and thought he was robbed in a split vs machida ..... and machida is past it but hes not 48 like hendo was or even 42,43 year olds who are still enjoying some success in both promotions).

I love the mousasi Lima fight cause it might just be the fight of the year but I hate it cause,imo, BMMA is putting their 2 best current fighters against one another and if one of them wins , he'll get ridiculous credit and if the other wins , little will be said which is sad cause this is a true " super fight".
I agree with most of that ....I just feel there are weight classes for a reason.....If Lima wins he’ll get full credit for going up , but Mousasi rightfully won’t get much credit for beating up another smaller fighter he should beat imo ....

Moose is a legit fighter and often underrated. I think he matches up well against Isreal.

You ever notice how One FC and Bellator guys always talk about fighting UFC guys but never the other way around. I wonder why that is?

Back