The moment Weidman F'd up against Luke.....

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
I was so tempted to title my thread, rewatched the Weidman/Rockhold fight, but everyone does that lol. But yeah, rewatching the fight as we speak, and man, Chris did a hell of a lot better than I thought in the 1st round, and was on his way to wearing him out completely if he didn't stupidly jump on hs back with the rear naked choke attempt. Such a stupid and high risk move that only burned his legs out, and left him in a more vulnerable position in the end.

Chris's best asset is the fact that he will take chances when openings are there, and he very much is a finisher, but that's also his worst F'n asset. He takes the DUMBEST risks ever, instead of riding out a position, and wearing on his opponent like Cain.

For ex. when he went for the heel hook attempt on Silva.....like WTF....*Jackie Chan mind blown gif*....yeah cool, you're going for the finish, but what???? It was so unnecessary, and just plain dumb.

Just my thoughts on why Chris can piss you off as a fan of his, and how his finishing mentality is great, but you're sitting there like, BRUH....you're fighting the top 1-3 guys in the world. These high risk moves cost you fights. Why????

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for the heel hook attempt on Silva. There was nothing wrong with that. Didn't compromise him in anyway.

That was pretty bad but....
giphy.gif

^this was where he really fucked up

Hey man. He did what he thought was right in the moment.

Chris fucked up and wasn't doing too bad up until his silly decision to spin.

The rematch will be hotly contested.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for the heel hook attempt on Silva. There was nothing wrong with that. Didn't compromise him in anyway.
It did lose him a dominant position... The fight never hit the floor again after that.

In the end, it worked out but i thought Weidman was fucked for sure lol

Teh Chris throwing spinning shit on Rockhold was about as wise as

504oHHvThObkKVO2hGaB_Weightlift%20Flip.gif

He's no TRT Vitor

Exactly that's where he fucked up and it seemed like he didn't even know how to throw that kick.

Yeah,he does weird shit sometimes.
I didn't like that he jumped on Luke so fast,I was hoping for him to keep it standing for a while,but maybe his foot was bothering him.I believe he can fuck him up standing or in the clinch. Hope he goes for that in the rematch.
Now the spinning kick was just a brain fart.I'm so fuckin mad at him,Luke looked half dead on the feet in the third and who knows what would've happened if Chris just kept it clean.

Last edited:
I wonder how badly his teammate wonderboy cringed watching that kick

That was pretty bad but....
giphy.gif

^this was where he really fucked up

This is exactly where he fucked up, I dint read what the host said, but I did see the fight , and before this Jackie Chang kick it was 50/50

As I was watching the fight live, in the first I thought Chris was just way more physically imposing on Luke and you could tell in Lukes face that he was scared. When Luke was holding that choke for the last minute you could tell he was just trying to weather it all. It really ended up gassing Chris a bunch and you could tell in the second. The third was a closer round until that spinning back kick. I don't think it would have made much difference but the kicks Luke was spamming in the second really fucked up Chris. I think those kicks were the turning point in the fight because before that it didn't look like Luke had an answer for Chris but he got cocky and Luke made him pay.

I think Rockhold has Chris's number and will be the dominant champ for a while. The Rock's improvement in all areas was a wake up call for the division.

when he asked his wife before the fight, 'do you think about luke while we are making love'?

Back