The moment Weidman F'd up against Luke.....

Can people just stop making excuses for his loss?

Rockhold dominated Weidman by the end of round 1. He was superior to Weidman on the ground, evident by the numerous reversals. Weidman couldn't do to Rockhold what he did to Silva and Vitor. Thus, he was left with one option, which was to stand and strike, and Luke is a superior striker.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for the heel hook attempt on Silva. There was nothing wrong with that. Didn't compromise him in anyway.

He gave up top position on what was thought to be the deadliest striker in MMA. I'd say that compromises you a bit.

Rockhold dominated Weidman by the end of round 1. He was superior to Weidman on the ground, evident by the numerous reversals. Weidman couldn't do to Rockhold what he did to Silva and Vitor. Thus, he was left with one option, which was to stand and strike, and Luke is a superior striker.
How is saying he fucked up an excuse?
Also,go watch the third round and tell me Luke is superior striker.

I think weidman was just vastly over confident and felt he could do anything he wanted and still win. This Luke fight will probably be a big wake up call for him.

Luke lost the first round and was losing the 3rd...

How is saying he fucked up an excuse?
Also,go watch the third round and tell me Luke is superior striker.

Saying "he fucked up" is the same as saying "he lost because he made a stupid mistake" (an excuse), as opposed to saying "he lost because Rockhold was better" (real reason).

Rockhold landed body kicks after body kicks on Weidman, from the start to the end. To me, that's a superior striker.

That spinning kick reminded me so much of Chael's spinning back fist against Anderson. The fight was still going back and forth with momentum changes hinging on successful attacks and defenses. Then out of nowhere we get the stupid and risky spinning shit that essentially ends the fight.

Weidman has done stuff like it before and managed to get out of trouble. This time he got caught and suffered the loss. I don't think Weidman will change too much with his approach. I can see him being far more disciplined in the rematch, but he will always be a risk taker.

Sadly I think Luke takes the rematch as well, but I won't count Chris and his team out. They are good at finding a weakness to exploit and if they get one on Luke there is a chance it lead to a win for Chris Weidman. Hopefully we as fans will get a good fight out it. All signs point to it.

you could tell in Lukes face that he was scared.
CWSWxxPWwAAFkAO.jpg

What is THIS guy doing? As far as I can tell he's trying to do a negative curl with 500 lbs.

I think he's trying to squat but the weight gets away from him. You can see his shoulders/arms bend back the wrong way as the weight moves off his neck.

Weidman had two fortunate wins over Silva and is about to have two very unfortunate losses to Rockhold, who will show the Chris how to destroy someone and leave no doubts.

I think Rockhold has Chris's number and will be the dominant champ for a while. The Rock's improvement in all areas was a wake up call for the division.
TS does have a point tho, before then it was pretty close with Weidman winning first and going on his way to winning the third. To me, I have this impression of the fight being a blow out owing to that 3rd round slip up but really it was a pretty close/competitive fight prior to that. Add to that Weidman had a broken foot and lost a TON of bulk/muscle to cope w/ IV ban, thus messing with a winning formula, and you could possibly have a win for either fighter in the rematch. Rockhold was so tired, so worn out that Weidman had more energy after the fight was over.

One thing about The Chris is that he thrives when he is over looked. No one gave him a shot vs Silva 1 or 2 and he won. People thought Silva was a fluke and Machida would KO him, in fact he out struck Machida. Vitor( ah whatever). Against Rockhold, we all joined the team and got beat; he was the champ, comfortable, used to winning and wasn't hungry like Rock. I wouldn't be suprised if we see Weidman absolute smash Rockhold in one of the worst, most vengeful beatings in a long time. Chris is a deep guy, has the whole mind thing down and I wouldn't be surprised if Weidman Rockhold end up being like Gatti Ward; you take a win and give a beating, I take a win and give a beating type rivalry.

BJIsMN_CYAAwyid.jpg:large

Chris+Weidman+UFC+194+Aldo+vs+McGregor+eim8xAarGayl.jpg

No, the kick is not where it ended. Where he got mounted then couldnt move is where he lost. He could have scrambled, or worked his way back to gaurd. But he doesnt have a gaurd, that is where it ended.

I was so tempted to title my thread, rewatched the Weidman/Rockhold fight, but everyone does that lol. But yeah, rewatching the fight as we speak, and man, Chris did a hell of a lot better than I thought in the 1st round, and was on his way to wearing him out completely if he didn't stupidly jump on hs back with the rear naked choke attempt. Such a stupid and high risk move that only burned his legs out, and left him in a more vulnerable position in the end.

Chris's best asset is the fact that he will take chances when openings are there, and he very much is a finisher, but that's also his worst F'n asset. He takes the DUMBEST risks ever, instead of riding out a position, and wearing on his opponent like Cain.

For ex. when he went for the heel hook attempt on Silva.....like WTF....*Jackie Chan mind blown gif*....yeah cool, you're going for the finish, but what???? It was so unnecessary, and just plain dumb.

Just my thoughts on why Chris can piss you off as a fan of his, and how his finishing mentality is great, but you're sitting there like, BRUH....you're fighting the top 1-3 guys in the world. These high risk moves cost you fights. Why????
nothing wrong with heel hook attempt.

Chris fucked up and wasn't doing too bad up until his silly decision to spin.

The rematch will be hotly contested.

he wasnt doing too bad, but was doing poorly.

he was fading, and was getting frustrated and beaten up.

Back