The MMA Wrestling of Jon and DC. The FACTS Exposed.

I actually see a lot of good info in this thread, one of the better Jones/Cormier threads out there...

'Jones had to adapt more in the Gus fight (just to survive) than DC has had to adapt to any fight in his entire career.'

I think this is one of the more important statements in this thread. We know Jones can win a fight in various ways. In the Gus fight, he showed he's a true champ and not a one trick pony.
If Cormier's TD's are stuffed or he never finds the range to attempt them...can he fall back onto another strategy? Can his striking win him the fight?
Have we seen a Cormier fight were his TD's were stuffed and he got frustrated? What did he resort to? If he panics against Jones, it could be what Jones capitalizes on.

I want Cormier to win but that is what worries me...

Adapt to what? He threw a hail mary elbow and literally everything in his arsenal yet he still couldn't finish an opponent he was supposed to walk through. He had no answer for Gus' boxing either. About all we can take from that is he is resilient. The distress that things weren't going his way was evident in his demeanor and posture.

Good points TS. I think Jon has demonstrated a bigger arsenal of wrestling techniques in MMA. I also think that neither of them has faced someone as good as each other when it comes to leg attacks. That will be interesting to watch.

I just don't understand how some of you can be so confident that Jon Jones is going to lose a fight at LHW. Does Daniel Cormier have better MMA wrestling? Probably. But Jones is better at everything else. And his wrestling isn't too shabby either. My prediction is that, whatever DC throws against him, Jones will have an answer.

TUkh9c9.png

didn't know Kimbo was so good, sucks that we let him go

Great post.

I'm having dejavu with this fight back to the Weidman-Silva 1. The wrestling edge will be enough to impact the striking and spark a new champion. But the masses can't see it and claim the champ is unlike anyone the challenger has fought.

DC is like his teammate Cain and Weidman... Their wrestling puts them on another level.

Good call

why bump a troll post that exposed a few more jones haters who can't see obvious mma math?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back