The metal thread \m/

I see they are rebooting music now, as well as movies. First one is iron maiden rip-off. Pretty much just rock. Second one is heavy metal. If you want to bring back late 70s early 80s "metal," you might be able to get away with having metal, and heavy metal..

But you know what? I can find 2 "pop" songs that sound a whole lot different from each other than these two copy-cat bands. "Pop goes the world" and "greatest love of all" are further apart than these, and are both pop.

Again, I struggle to call the first one "heavy metal." I didn't realize the success of Greta van shiit had caused other bands to start straight plagiarizing.
So now that you've made a clear difference between these 2 genres, imagine being able to do that again within the terms you've blanketed as 'heavy metal' and 'metal'

So now that you've made a clear difference between these 2 genres, imagine being able to do that again within the terms you've blanketed as 'heavy metal' and 'metal'

The first one died around 1985, and turned into c*ck-rock, while heavy metal went another way. Some fake ass unoriginal profit seekers deciding to copy 1982 didn't really factor in for me. In the 80s, there was a difference between metal, and heavy metal.

No, the distinction beyween early 80s metal and heavy metal does nothing to promote the separation of heavy metal into 50 different categories.

Last edited:
The first one died around 1985, and turned into c*ck-rock, while heavy metal went another way. Some fake ass unoriginal profit seekers decided to copy 1982 didn't really factor in for me. In the 80s, there was a difference between metal, and heavy metal.

No, thoa distinction does nothing to promote the autist separation of heavy metal into 50 different categories.
You are just ignorant to the fact...

You are just ignorant to the fact...
That doesn't even make sense.

We need rock music, and bands to become popular again. Girls liked Pantera, and some other hard stuff in the 90's. I mean normal girls who also liked pop etc.. It would be nice for rock to make a comeback. The weird classification system keeps it from re-entering the mainstream. I'm trying to help.

That doesn't even make sense.

We need rock music, and bands to become popular again. Girls liked Pantera, and some other hard stuff in the 90's. I mean normal girls who also liked pop etc.. It would be nice for rock to make a comeback. The weird classification system keeps it from re-entering the mainstream. I'm trying to help.
It's not the 'weird classification' system keeping it from being mainstream. Pop music appeals to casual listeners, easy songs to follow that can be sang along to.

I'm telling you the classification system is legitimate whether you admit it or not lol.

It's not the 'weird classification' system keeping it from being mainstream. Pop music appeals to casual listeners, easy songs to follow that can be sang along to.

I'm telling you the classification system is legitimate whether you admit it or not lol.

No.. It's the dumbest shit ive ever seen, and makes what is supposed to be hardcore music for hardcore people, instead for fkn nerds.

i only listen to death why would i listen to anything else.

Loving this Batushka stuff, such a great listen. Listened to Enslaved's first two albums again the other day, over time they have grown to become in my opinion two of the best Black metal albums of all time, especially Frost. It never gets old.

Sub-genres of metal exist because they are different musical genres that are easy to distinguish from eachother.

If someone only listens to Black Metal and Technical Death Metal, they're not going to listen to a bunch of Power Metal to try and find new bands they like...

'Metal' is a ridiculous umbrella term for many different genres of music.

Try and tell me these 2 bands are the same musical genre:

Exactamundo.
Freedom Call is not the same as, say, Watain. Sub-genres are helpful in sorting things out.

Looking for bands similar to, specifically

Orthodox, ritualistic black metal done the old way

I'm pretty well versed in the genre (and have most of the rest of their discography, along with the Doombringer stuff) so, I'm looking for the more underground, lesser known gems. Separating the wheat from the chaff in Blekk Metal can be a daunting task, so any band suggestions anybody may have stumbled upon would be much obliged.

No one really sounds like them imo. Defintiely no current band that I can think of. But perhaps give Sepulchral Zeal a spin (they put out a split with CdG in 2017) if you haven't already. Death Like Mass (CdG vocalist plus a Lvcifyre member) is worth checking out.

Krolok and Altars of Perversion put out some of my favorite, lesser known albums the past couple years although they might not be what you want exactly.

No one really sounds like them imo. Defintiely no current band that I can think of. But perhaps give Sepulchral Zeal a spin (they put out a split with CdG in 2017) if you haven't already. Death Like Mass (CdG vocalist plus a Lvcifyre member) is worth checking out.

Krolok and Altars of Perversion put out some of my favorite, lesser known albums the past couple years although they might not be what you want exactly.
Yeah, that's what I've been finding, and i've looked. In my experience, some of the best material bands put out is on splits
I've heard Krolok and Altars of Perversion (good stuff), but not the others. I will definitely be checking them out, thanks for the recs.

Exactamundo.
Freedom Call is not the same as, say, Watain. Sub-genres are helpful in sorting things out.

Because they are different fucking bands.. They aren't supposed to sound exactly the fucking same. Does Steve fucking Winwood sound like The Jets?? No.. But it's still pop music. You just said because two bands don't sound the same, they need to be separate genres.

You're fkn nerds. I didn't get bloodied up by skinheads at gwar concerts so rock could die at the hands of 140 lbers who decided that a slight difference in sound makes one band pirate metal, and another metal core. It's just sad.

Because they are different fucking bands.. They aren't supposed to sound exactly the fucking same. Does Steve fucking Winwood sound like The Jets?? No.. But it's still pop music. You just said because two bands don't sound the same, they need to be separate genres.

You're fkn nerds. I didn't get bloodied up by skinheads at gwar concerts so rock could die at the hands of 140 lbers who decided that a slight difference in sound makes one band pirate metal, and another metal core. It's just sad.
What's your problem? The only thing that is sad is you blowing a gasket over something as trivial as musical sub-genres.
You don't know what your talking about so, STFU already.

Dude, you sound like a tool. Stop.
No.. The metal sub-genre shit needs to stop. Most of the girls I knew had as much or more rock, including heavy metal in their CD cases as they did rap in the 90's. I miss that. What music was in the 90's is being hidden from you guys, so you don't know.

EDIT: Sorry I said you guys are nerds. You're not. You just don't realize how far back hard music has been pushed.

Back