The mentality Aldo should have against Conor....

If you don't think that Aldo can stand up and beat McGregor in a striking battle, then you're an idiot. While he's very skilled, McGegor has proven to be open to leg kicks and eating shots when he comes in. Aldo's a VERY skilled defensive fighter and is very smart about picking his shots, Conor's in trouble here.

If you think he should just turn it into a stand up fight, you're an idiot.

Jab, leg kick, threaten with TDs, confuse the F outta Conor > possibly get caught with a few shots, and those few shots could be devastating.

I've watched enough Aldo fights to realize he can definitely beat Conor, standing up.

I've also watched enough Conor fights to realize he has goofy power, and there's no point in taking the risk of turning it into a straight up kick boxing match with him, IF YOU DONT HAVE TO.

And I still support Siver.

But you are talking Aldo here lol. Do you even know who Jose Aldo is?

Of course. Watched most of his fights. One of my favorite fighters. Doesn't change the points I've made throughout the thread, or the ones made by the TS.

And I point that out to show you didn't have much understanding of the fight before it happened. Should be noted, and will be for a while.

And yet Holloway still continued to land leg kicks AT WILL in that fight.

Tell me the timestamps. I don't recall seeing seeing that at all. He landed a handful or cursory ones with no damage at all.

If you think he should just turn it into a stand up fight, you're an idiot.

Jab, leg kick, threaten with TDs, confuse the F outta Conor > possibly get caught with a few shots, and those few shots could be devastating.

I've watched enough Aldo fights to realize he can definitely beat Conor, standing up.

I've also watched enough Conor fights to realize he has goofy power, and there's no point in taking the risk of turning it into a straight up kick boxing match with him, IF YOU DONT HAVE TO.

I never said that he shouldn't mix it up. Clearly if the opportunity is there, then jump on it, similarly to how he did it against KZ. My point is that people seem to think that Aldo's immediately out of this fight is he stays on the feet, which is fucking ridiculous. Conor's biggest win is Poirier, and while it was a good win there's a giant difference between guys like Poirier and Aldo, Mendes, and Edgar.

Tell me the timestamps. I don't recall seeing seeing that at all. He landed a handful or cursory ones with no damage at all.

You need to go rewatch the fight. Conor never did anything to defend ANY low kicks thrown at him. The only kick that he did anything to defend was the mid kick that he caught in the 2nd.

I never said that he shouldn't mix it up. Clearly if the opportunity is there, then jump on it, similarly to how he did it against KZ. My point is that people seem to think that Aldo's immediately out of this fight is he stays on the feet, which is fucking ridiculous. Conor's biggest win is Poirier, and while it was a good win there's a giant difference between guys like Poirier and Aldo, Mendes, and Edgar.

That was just one guy. I don't agree that he loses if its a stand up fight, but I do think he should minimize as much risk as possible.

If Conor was Conor, but didn't have the same amount of power, of course I'd just say, do what you always do, and pick him apart, but its that goofy power that can change things in a split second that has me nervous.

I'm just saying be more GSP/Weidman and less Anderson Silva for this one.

Conor has to be the stand up fighter, so he has no choice. Aldo does, so use that to your advantage.

And I point that out to show you didn't have much understanding of the fight before it happened. Should be noted, and will be for a while.

You are the kind of poster who causes others to dislike Conor. Congrats on jumping on the Conor bandwagon, that is a real brave thing to do these days. Must take some real heart.

I have been a huge Siver fan and was all about him winning. I don't think my analysis was flawed. You just don't understand fighting. He got beat because he was eating kicks and punches while standing in front of him, was unable to get the takedown and IMO was probably mentally beat. I definitely didn't think he would have had the mental issue but I think he did.

You are basically saying that anyone who picks the wrong winner "has no understanding of a fight?" Come on.

Siver was using leg kicks and couldn't get take downs, Conor had timing he couldn't get past and lost. It happens.

That still doesn't change the fact that your statement about Conor and Aldo isn't one of the most potato statements I have read on here in a long time.

Sherdog gunna Sherdog

I don't think Aldo respects Conor at all. I hope McGoat wins and I'll be rooting for him.

However, there's a chance this song will be playing after Aldo is done with Conor. Replace Willie McBride with Conner McGregor.

You need to go rewatch the fight.

Have several times. Will do so again. Lemme grab my rum and get on it.

First one got checked which broke his foot.

After that, Holloway landed about four, a few small teeps, but only three landed flush as of the first round.

In the second he landed two teeps.

In the third he landed two teeps.

So you're completely wrong. Try again.

You are the kind of poster who causes others to dislike Conor. Congrats on jumping on the Conor bandwagon, that is a real brave thing to do these days. Must take some real heart.

I have been a huge Siver fan and was all about him winning. I don't think my analysis was flawed. You just don't understand fighting. He got beat because he was eating kicks and punches while standing in front of him, was unable to get the takedown and IMO was probably mentally beat. I definitely didn't think he would have had the mental issue but I think he did.

You are basically saying that anyone who picks the wrong winner "has no understanding of a fight?" Come on.

Siver was using leg kicks and couldn't get take downs, Conor had timing he couldn't get past and lost. It happens.

That still doesn't change the fact that your statement about Conor and Aldo isn't one of the most potato statements I have read on here in a long time.

Sherdog gunna Sherdog

Saying that Conor would sub McGregor in the first round proves your own ignorance.

I've been a fan of Conor since he KO'd Buchinger. If that's bandwagon whatever.

Hard for me to consider being a fan of a cheater anyway.

Back