• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Lonestar Rebellion is here. Get onboard or get run over. We will defend America's borders!

Damn... the Texans even put razor wire at the Alamo in a symbolic act. Can you imagine the Fed removing the razor wire and how bad they will look when the videos are shared. Horrible optics.

I am torn. The SCOTUS ruling should be honored. It puts Biden on the spot with Abbot not budging.

Texas is a different entity. They secured their own status and can easily leave the union should they believe the U.S. Government no longer represents their best interests. I could be wrong here, so I am open to others with more knowledge on Texas and their standing on how this should go.

If I read correctly, the Supreme Court didn't rule that Texas cannot put it up. They ruled that Biden can come in and cut it, as the injunction was stopping Biden from coming in. The court simply removed that injunction so Biden can come in, but they didn't say anything about Texas not being able to put it up.

Fuck the razor wire tho, the TX national guard should start deploying land mines

Anyways, he is the Ron we know and support. Wonder if the legislation is joining a states compact. Wonder if he had on some texas boots with heels (jk).

*sigh*

As a native Texan, glad I got some duds in Union Blue. Fuck around with Uncle Sam if you want to, I'll bring the matches.

The last time anything like this happened Eisenhower Federalized a State National Guard who then protected the people they were initially being used against. Bush also used Title 10 ad a Hurricane Katrina response. Biden has every right to Federalize them, and just fully take control of the areas in question.

BTW Abbott's statement referred to Hamilton, which is hilarious because Hamilton was like THE Federalist. If this was Hamilton's Administration and Texas pulled this kind of sh*t Hamilton's response would essentially be to shred Texas, turn it into a parking lot.

At least we agree this is just political games for Texas.

If they were indeed trying to fix shit they would be looking at finding a bipartisan solution similar to Operation Phalanx.

I don't know that it's a "game" for Texas. If you hear the mayors of Chicago, New York, Denver, Martha's Vineyard, etc. speak out they are getting slammed and cannot manage it. Now, put yourself in Texas's spot. It has to be 1,000 times worse. So bad that Democratic Party members of Congress are against Biden and the Fed's actions at the Southern Border. Texas is being hurt badly with these massive waves of illegal immigrants. If you're the Governor, you have to do something... so what is it? What do you do if you are Abbott? Just bend over? That's not going to happen with Texans.

Why do the feds insist on aiding and abetting an invasion? Why are they so insistent that illegals come here?
Why do the House Magatards repeatedly vote against measures to address the "Border Crisis"? Each one of them should be seen as perpetuating the problem.

This is very much intentional, and made much worse, not better, by this ridiculous grandstanding.

Abbott should have a word with his fellow Republicans in the house and tell them to do the jobs they were elected to do.

I don't know that it's a "game" for Texas. If you hear the mayors of Chicago, New York, Denver, Martha's Vineyard, etc. speak out they are getting slammed and cannot manage it. Now, put yourself in Texas's spot. It has to be 1,000 times worse. So bad that Democratic Party members of Congress are against Biden and the Fed's actions at the Southern Border. Texas is being hurt badly with these massive waves of illegal immigrants. If you're the Governor, you have to do something... so what is it? What do you do if you are Abbott? Just bend over? That's not going to happen with Texans.
He should persuade his fellow Republicans (in the House) to affect policy change. You know, try to solve the issue the correct way.

But THIS bullshit gets you seals clapping.

That's what I was thinking. The optics of the Feds removing the barriers to stop illegal entry is a campaign commercial that will reap benefits not just this election, but in future elections to come. Biden is in a real bad spot of his own creation. I think he has the right to remove the wire because of the SCOTUS ruling, but it doesn't go well for the Democrats.

Don't worry the media's got Bidens back

If I read correctly, the Supreme Court didn't rule that Texas cannot put it up. They ruled that Biden can come in and cut it, as the injunction was stopping Biden from coming in. The court simply removed that injunction so Biden can come in, but they didn't say anything about Texas not being able to put it up.

Fuck the razor wire tho, the TX national guard should start deploying land mines

Anyways, he is the Ron we know and support. Wonder if the legislation is joining a states compact. Wonder if he had on some texas boots with heels (jk).

Let's not do land mines.

We know what works, but the Biden Administration refuses to do those things, because they wanted this to happen. Now the Democrats have to reap what the sowed.

But, from your post, Texas's solution is quite simple. Lay more razor wire faster than the Fed can remove it. There was nothing wrong with that act if what you tell me is true.

It does remind me of my Dad making me dig a small canal and then filling it in to punish me as a kid.

I am no border expert, but can you protect the border without the razor wire?
I find it funny the GOP who have been taken over by Christians, blood thirsty cheer if some Mexican dies trying to cross the border. No wonder church attendance is plummeting. The average GOP Christian, must have had a different bible than I had growing up and most people dont like hypocrites.
Open borders dont work, and since Mexico is not paying for a wall, there should be a more humane ways to keep them out.

They can easily avoid the razer wire. Don't try to cross the border illegally.

Indeed, and that responsibility stands with both the Congress and the White House.

JFC if it was an invasion there would be bombs being dropped.

Ok
And Democrats are not living up to their oaths. You know what an oath is don’t you?

I just don’t understand where all of these immigrants are coming from and why they are so hell-bent on leaving their country that they would risk life and limb to sneak into America

Attempted and successful civil war regime changes in Latin America featuring US-backed coup d’états (in alphabetical order)

Argentenia 1x
Bolivia 1x
Brazil 1x
Chile 2x
Cuba 3x
Dominican Republic 2x
Ecuador 2x
Guatemala 1x
Haiti 5x (with some slavery thrown in for fun)
Nicaragua 2x
Panama 1x
Venezuela 2x

At least we agree this is just political games for Texas.

If they were indeed trying to fix shit they would be looking at finding a bipartisan solution similar to Operation Phalanx.
You don’t get it, fuck Ukraine. Defend fucking AMERICA. It’s our country, we are their bosses

Quit cosplaying as an American, you are Mexican

He should persuade his fellow Republicans (in the House) to affect policy change. You know, try to solve the issue the correct way.

I agree. Also, tying of Ukraine to our Southern Border is bullshit. .

The Republicans ought to simply create a clear plan in the House, create a bill around it, and pass it. That's all they really can do. The rest is in the Democrats court as they control the Senate and Presidency. All this smoke in the air with Ukraine, etc. is because everyone wants politics in D.C. (both parties) not solutions.

This is the last rallying call Republicans have with which to terrorize their voting base. Trump is going to get raked over the coals on abortion, which proved to be a strong motivator in 2022 and continues to be. And with Biden getting big Union support, Trump bleeding moderate support, gas prices being lower, it being increasingly difficult to scaremonger about the economy, this is going be THE thing. That's why the other Governors are endorsing it, and why suddenly they dont give a sh*t about the Constitution or the ruling of their beloved SCOTUS

No one believes your bullshit. Democrats created this problem, Democrats wanted this to happen.

The last time anything like this happened Eisenhower Federalized a State National Guard who then protected the people they were initially being used against. Bush also used Title 10 ad a Hurricane Katrina response. Biden has every right to Federalize them, and just fully take control of the areas in question.

BTW Abbott's statement referred to Hamilton, which is hilarious because Hamilton was like THE Federalist. If this was Hamilton's Administration and Texas pulled this kind of sh*t Hamilton's response would essentially be to shred Texas, turn it into a parking lot.

Oh a not insignificant amount of us would agree with Hamilton. Sometimes you just need to kick those dixie boys in the mouth to remind them who holds the big stick. And if Biden needs to borrow some steel toe boots, I know a good number of real Texans who would provide them with a smile and some sweet tea for refreshment.

Back