The level of disrespect for a MMA fighter here is disgusting

It doesn't matter what a bunch of loser do-nothings think or troll. lol

The striking in that fight was sloppy and poor, Bethe was knocked out with weak shots, it was a poor fight.

Rousey is a great fighter, but WMMA is pretty much a joke.

I like watching elite high level MMA but I also enjoy a good scrap. You won't see me claiming Ronda is p4p or any of that silliness but damn if she doesn't always deliver a fight. She's also a beautiful technician on the ground.

I feel like some of you are so anti-hype you can't just appreciate it for what it is.

I like watching elite high level MMA but I also enjoy a good scrap. You won't see me claiming Ronda is p4p or any of that silliness but damn if she doesn't always deliver a fight. She's also a beautiful technician on the ground.

I feel like some of you are so anti-hype you can't just appreciate it for what it is.

This is exactly how I feel.

Yes, WMMA is shallow. But there are good fighters, Tate, Davis, McMann, Zingano.

The thing is, Ronda is just that much better.

Instead of at least acknowledging that she's pretty good, at the very least a pioneer, you guys shit all over her. Seriously, it stinks.

The girl is an armbar machine, you complain that she's a one trick-pony and when she decides to brawl, you guys complain that she's sloppy.

And the worst, I'm not even a fan of hers.

This is getting pathetic and it is fighter bashing, but I guess the mods don't care about that when it's a girl. Listen, at least she has the balls to get in there and try to get outside her comfort zone.

Rhonda is a great fighter.

She has faced good fighters in the past and finished them.

However, Bethe had no business in there tonight. Bethe never beat anyone close to the Top 10, she barely beat Kedzie in a split decision, and even worse Rhonda asked for this joke of a matchup.

She brags about being able to beat Cain but won't take her only true challenge over 5 pounds. Don't say you could beat a 240 pound HW Champ (former now) when you won't even fight a 140 pound woman.

probably the same dudes that were defending War Machine... the He Man woman haters club rolls deep in here.

I have friends that don't like mma that were asking about the fight tonight. Fight bar was packed, everyone loved the fight, everyone went nuts when she won. the fact that a few naysayers are angry aren't going to move the needle when Ronda has cracked the mainstream. stay angry my friends.

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me?

Did you see Big Nog tonight or Shogun or Struve? Her striking was better or at least as good IMO. What about Mir/Duffy? Does Maia light up the striking department? She looked better or as good as Wanderlei or Hendo in any of their brawl fests.

I am not saying she is a technical striking genius. My point is, neither are most of the men. Some are very good, much better than Ronda. Many are not any better. So why do we rail on Ronda for not having Ali striking ability? She just face planted her opponent.

Haters gonna hate.

Most people are fickle, hateful individuals. What do you expect?

probably the same dudes that were defending War Machine... the He Man woman haters club rolls deep in here.

I have frineds that done like mma that were asking about the fight tonight. Fight bar was packed, everyone loved the fight, everyone went nuts when she won. the fact that a few naysayers are angry aren't going to move the needle when Ronda has cracked the mainstream. stay angry my friends.

I have been watching WMMA for quite a while. (Elite XC Strikeforce) I watched Rousey's debut in Strikeforce back in the day.

I like WMMA. Tonight's matchup was a complete joke though and should not raise Rousey's stock at all. Bethe never beat anyone near the top 10 and barely won a close split decision win over Kedzie.

She needs to face Cyborg. Enough with the games (from both sides)

The division is a joke
Wonder how they are going to hype up this third fight even though tate has been destroyed twice

You are dead wrong to say the division is a joke, she's just that good..

Tate
Cat
Sara McCann

These are good and experienced fighters. Honestly Cat on a full camp and focused would have beat the shit out of and ko'd that chick too..

The problem is there hasn't been the option for women to pursue a career in fighting for all that long.

For crying out loud at one point believe it or not (and I know most people won't cause I'm sure the thread has been deleted) Miesha Tate was on SD looking for a way to contact Strikeforce to get fights.

Taking all of that into account it's going to take time for the majority of women to catch up technique wise.

Kudos for Ronda trying to expand her repertoire, but I honestly would prefer her to just use her boxing to set up her judo/armbars. Her grappling is beautiful, but that really is about it. My dad, who is completely casual about MMA, only needed to see one "highlight" of Ronda's boxing to say "wow, her hands look like shit." It may come off as disrespectful, but it's the truth. The woman's 135lb division is a joke.

You're dealing with Internet mma fans, what do you expect

Sorry for your rant, but Pathetic is claiming she is a pioneer.

She is far from it.

Pioneer are girls who fought way before her.

And if you try to claim about being famous, they Gina!

SMH!!! You listen too much to Dana!

I don't think any of those girls other than Rousey can fight though. Betty Correia talked a big game but wound up having as bad a day/week as the Lion killer dentist and Meek Mill.

glad i didnt watch

they need to cancel wmma

wmma main event on a ppv? get real

then maybe she should cut to 115 then.

the divisions are what they are.

Sara is a 125er but there is no division in the UFC. Even Tate has mentioned fighting at 125 if there was a division. Rousey is naturally a lot bigger as well as being a much better athlete than these girls.

The 135 division is poor talent wise. Even in comparison to 115. Rousey is good but pretending she's a once in a life time athlete is pretty ridiculous. She may well be, but we can't know that based off the people she's been fighting.

Back