Media The legend of Diego Sanchez - appreciation thread

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
A fighter I remember from ever since I started watching the UFC and he was always there. I have rarely seen a boring Diego fight. He truly use to pour his heart out inside the octagon. His fighting style was all about giving your all even if you die inside the octagon. He even once said he would die inside the octagon and he truly fights like that someone who doesn't have an ounce of hypocrisy in his heart and lives life in it's real form and true to himself.

He was a great man aside from his unique fighting style that made him a fan favourite and a legend. One of the few fighters I would have brought back from the death and make them young again in every generation because every generation needs a Diego Sanchez.. He was without a doubt the king of the just bleed..

Last edited:
If anyone is newer to watching MMA, it's worth going back and watching his earlier UFC career. I love watching drama and all but it sucks to see him go out in such a fashion. He brought a serious intensity.

He was the last OG from TUF 1 still in the UFC. Apart from some legendary brawls, like the one against Clay Guida, his training video and entrance also made for excellent gifs
tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gifv

DopeyHiddenCrane-max-1mb.gif

He also had one of the best fighter fan interaction moment
drunkbroad_sanchez.gif

Last edited:
Watching him eat dozens of shots from BJ and Gil without going out was absolutely amazing.

He even took Jake Ellenberger's best shots and that was when Ellenberger was on the juice and knocking guys dead.

Years of punishment and abuse in and out of the cage have definitely left him in a rough spot. I hope he saved a little of his money and he can make a living for himself coaching BJJ or something where he won't lose the few remaining brain cells he has.

Hate to see him go out on a bad note. He def sacrificed more brain cells than anyone else to the UFC.

He truly defines sacrifice

If anyone is newer to watching MMA, it's worth going back and watching his earlier UFC career. I love watching drama and all but it sucks to see him go out in such a fashion. He brought a serious intensity.

He have had so many epic wars perhaps way to many

He may have been an eternal gatekeeper.... But fuck he deserved better than he got after sticking with the company and having the amount of wars he has.

He may have been an eternal gatekeeper.... But fuck he deserved better than he got after sticking with the company and having the amount of wars he has.
He has no one but himself and Fabia to blame.

He was the last OG from TUF 1 still in the UFC. Apart from some legendary brawls, like the one against Clay Guida, his training video and entrance also made for excellent gifs

He also had one of the best fighter fan interaction moment

Lmao... Example like the cross one it will outlive him and be around for his grand-grand-grand kids to see online

His fight with Gilbert is possibly one of the most exciting action packed fights of all time.

Diego is a legend, and hopefully he can find some peace soon with his retirement.

Back