Media The legend of Diego Sanchez - appreciation thread

He was great don't get me wrong but legend is laying it on a little thick

Was my fav on TUF - gave us plenty of solid scraps - bit of an eccentric.

<RomeroSalute>

His fight with Gilbert is possibly one of the most exciting action packed fights of all time.

Diego is a legend, and hopefully he can find some peace soon with his retirement.

One of my favourite fights.. I remember screaming thru out the whole fight

Watching him eat dozens of shots from BJ and Gil without going out was absolutely amazing.

He even took Jake Ellenberger's best shots and that was when Ellenberger was on the juice and knocking guys dead.

Years of punishment and abuse in and out of the cage have definitely left him in a rough spot. I hope he saved a little of his money and he can make a living for himself coaching BJJ or something where he won't lose the few remaining brain cells he has.
He was close to finishing Ellenberger in the 3rd. He threw 50 unanswered shots in a row.

He was close to finishing Ellenberger in the 3rd. He threw 50 unanswered shots in a row.

Ellenberger was such a tank back then and laid out alot of guys silly

Been watching Diego since day 1. He was problems for any dude alive in his prime. Remarkable grappling early on.

Young Sanchez was one of the most exciting fighters of his time. He gave everything to the sport.

Back