Opinion The left is now the celebrity party?

As a kid I always shook my head when I heard older people say shit like, “ this world is one fucked up place”

“This generation is doomed, you kids are useless”
“When we where young this shit never would have been allowed”

Now at 55 , I think this shit all the time, but I really believe it...

So, am I just an old fuck taking my place amongst the long line of nostalgic grumpy old men, or are things really fucked up?
Shit is fucked up and it doesn’t look promising for my grandkids.

The one silver lining is Trump has exposed the deranged and lunatic left and so called progressives who seek to destroy America...

It's insane that we looked at that thing and said "He needs to be POTUS."

The tragic thing is that Trump is still the better choice than the majority of the candidates on the Left. He was a better choice than Hillary and he is certainly a better choice than Biden and Bernie. I remember the Left bragging about how they had the better celebrities endorsing Hillary and mocking the Right because they only had people like Scott Baio supporting Trump. It looks like all those fancy celebrities supporting the Democrat party are only damaging the party's image.

It's insane that Lefties looked at this thing and said "She needs to be POTUS."

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else remember our celebrity president deciding who could run a nonexistent company better, Brett Michaels or Cyndi Lauper?

You should cite Bill Burr if you are going to plagiarize his jokes.

The right are the ones who've made actual celebrities Presidents and governors. Left has only really threatened to copy largely because of that.

I guess Al Franken is kind of the exception. But he was like a B list celebrity at best.

What happened is that the democratic candidates were so weak that a right-leaning celebrity was the better choice. The right has celebrities who are capable of winning elections while the left's celebrities are spoiled, entitled, whiny, hysterical and mentally unstable. People want to make fun of the Right for electing Donald Trump, but the real problem is that the democrats cannot produce candidates who can win against celebrities like Donald Trump.

giphy.gif

What happened is that the democratic candidates were so weak that a right-leaning celebrity was the better choice. The right has celebrities who are capable of winning elections while the left's celebrities are spoiled, entitled, whiny, hysterical and mentally unstable. People want to make fun of the Right for electing Donald Trump, but the real problem is that the democrats cannot produce candidates who can win against celebrities like Donald Trump.

giphy.gif

To be fair, the Republicans in politics, the media, and other influential positions didn't want Trump. They were hoping Kasich and Rubio would stay in to help force a brokered convention where they could nominate another empty suit in Trump's place. The Republicans just didn't have the ability to rig their primaries like the Democrats did, so he got the nomination and got most of the support as our political system is primarily partisan hackery.

To be fair, the Republicans in politics, the media, and other influential positions didn't want Trump. They were hoping Kasich and Rubio would stay in to help force a brokered convention where they could nominate another empty suit in Trump's place. The Republicans just didn't have the ability to rig their primaries like the Democrats did, so he got the nomination and got most of the support as our political system is primarily partisan hackery.

I remember there was (and still is) a lot of hatred for Trump coming from the Right. The National Review ran a lot of articles and opinion pieces on how terrible Trump was going to be as President. The writers were supporting Ted Cruz.

You should cite Bill Burr if you are going to plagiarize his jokes.
Fuck, I quote him often enough around here, totally meant to shove quotation marks around that, but when you're right, you're right.

It’s getting seriously hilarious that has been actors are now your fucking political pundits, and their opinion is, they could suck as president, they just have to win, against this evil evil man. You fucking looney toons done jumped the shark

You know you’re a fool when you put political pundits on a pedestal. Political pundits are part of the problem, because they try to control the story from top to bottom. You have a slave mentality. This is why you come across as a panicky bitch.

Lol I love seeing his supporters believing every bit of what he says about his fortune with no shred of evidence to support his assertion. Him claiming that 10 of his supposed 12 billion is the value of his « brand » should say enough about how he inflates his net worth. Of course he could silence his detractors by showing his tax returns that he’s so shy about showing everyone

You can literally google all of this information. But its easier to just talk bullshit and claim allegiances.

That's kind of the exception to the rule though. The vast majority of celebrities, especially those that make their political opinions known, are on the left and the left has an embarrassing amount of celebrity worship. Look at the way left wing millenials idolize Beyonce or Lady Gaga for instance.

Its almost like Trump has basically been the beneficiary of a lot of pent up celebrity worship potential from the right that has built up over years of an almost complete absence of any openly conservative A-list celebrity, so much so it catapulted him to the presidency.

Obviously #notall leftists as I am sure there are still some old school working class leftists out there with little patience for the likes of Lady Gaga.

<31>
The gop has elected a movie star and a reality star as president, and elected a bodybuilding actor as ca governor.

Maybe its not "the left" who worships beyonce and lady gaga, but pop fans.....

which party was it that elected The Terminator as governor?
Reagan, Ah-nahld, Trump are are all literally actors. Literally. That was their experience before being elected by Republicans who have the stones to call Dems the intellectual lightweights. Lol.

Shit is fucked up and it doesn’t look promising for my grandkids.

The one silver lining is Trump has exposed the deranged and lunatic left and so called progressives who seek to destroy America...

As opposed to the reactionary right that was exposed many many decades ago.

Reagan, Ah-nahld, Trump are are all literally actors. Literally. That was their experience before being elected by Republicans who have the stones to call Dems the intellectual lightweights. Lol.

The left has always been the intellectual party. Right wingers hate smart people. That’s why they spend their days belittling educated people. They call them elitists and it’s been that way for a long long time. They knock science every chance they get, hate universities (commie breeding grounds) and blame school teachers for the plight of the world.

No one hates intellectuals more than republicans. For heavens sake their “best” intellectual was William Buckley jr and he had his ass handed to him more times than James Harden in the post season.

You realize reality TV wasn't a thing until the late 90s and he was world renowned before then?

You're pretty fucking clueless.

It’s getting seriously hilarious that has been actors are now your fucking political pundits, and their opinion is, they could suck as president, they just have to win, against this evil evil man. You fucking looney toons done jumped the shark

How bout Reagan? Does he count?

Trump made his name off of real estate, nice try though.

You'd think that Democrats would love Reagan for granting amnesty to all those illegals back in the day. Turns out he's just a b movie star.

Seems to be most celebrities tout how great the democratic party is. But enough of that, let's boil it down to two guys (one which is a stretch)
Absolute nonsense. He made his name being a media hound and planting his own stories in the tabloids in the 80s and 90s Because he was so desperate for attention. He wanted his name to be mentioned among the legit celebrities.

Back