The Lawler/Hendricks era lasted 2 1/3 years but it was my favorite era of WW so far

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
1997-2000 Pat "WOAT era" Miletich feat. Mach, Newton, Menne
2001-2006 Matt Hughes era
2007 The terra sErRA lel
2008-2013 GSP era
2014-mid 2016 Lawler/Hendricks era

Hughes era was easily my fave before but Lawler/Hendricks even tho it was just over 2 years was my fave

3 FOTY contenders (Hobbie/Hendricks 1, Hobbie/Hory 2, Hobbie/Carlos - all of which specially the 1st two have strong cases for GOAT WW fight), great up and coming talent, other great fights like Hobbie/Brown, Brown/Erick, Demian/Hory, Saff/HGL, Story/Kelvin, Tumenov/Larkin, Jorge/Benson, Kelvin/Magny, Magny/Lombard, Brown/Means, Jouban/Muhammad, Jouban/Dwyer, Barberena/Warrley, Cote/Burkman, KTaro/Jingliang, KTaro/Noke, Pyle/Spencer, Saunders ompolata SOTY candidate, etc.)

Nick Diaz's strikeforce run was my favorite. This era had Wonderboy going on a great run so I guess it would be my favorite too. I never liked Lawler as a champion. I wish Hendricks would have won that second decision.

Brace yourself for the money fight era

scared.gif

well it cant be any worse the than Miletich era

Wanna know my favourite MMA era, just check my AV.

You mean the Lawler era. Hendricks had one good fight and stuffed his face the whole time while Robbie layed waste to the division and brought us multiple FOTY's.

That aside, I'm looking forward to the Wonderboy era once this Woodley nonsense is over.

You mean the Lawler era. Hendricks had one good fight and stuffed his face the whole time while Robbie layed waste to the division and brought us multiple FOTY's.

That aside, I'm looking forward to the Wonderboy era once this Woodley nonsense is over.

Hobbie and Hendricks were clearly a step ahead of everyone else. Hobbie was better but he didn't dominate or claim the era himself like Hughes or GSP did

Lawler and Hendricks need to eventually fight again. Winning and losing decisions doesn't mean crap on whow is the better fighter.

I am a fan of both but it's the truth.

I wouldn't consider Hendricks apart of an era . He had a split decision win and two losses. Easily could have made that 3 losses and didn't get in one defense. Scrub work. Tough guy tho

i read your post then checked your join date, then checked your sig. confused i read your post again and realized i was retarded

Haha. Shit like this happens, man. Is normal.

Interesting to break it down in eras like that. Lawler/Hendricks era might be my favorite too. I started watching in the Hughes era and I remember how invincible he seemed. Then GSP came around and was even more well rounded. My favorite is either GSP era or Lawler/Big Rig.

Last edited:
Hughes Era

I know this is more about the division itself, as opposed to the big fights. And, although each challenger was a worthy contender at his time, guys like Trigg, Sherk, BJ and Mach never fought the best WWs in the UFC to get the title shot. The division has definitely evolved. Shots are still given out of order (Condit), but the contenders all fight each other (that's why they all have losses).

Despite that, I enjoyed the Hughes Era the most. He had some of the best rivalries with Newton, Trigg, GSP, and BJ. For some reason, the Hughes-Sherk fight is one of my favorites, too. It was a fun time; BJ threw the division in a tailspin for a year, but Hughes got it back his second run was even better than the first.

TL;DR: Nostalgia. I used to have hair when Hughes fought. I no longer have hair.

Woodley era is going to suck bad unless WB gets the belt ASAP

Hughes Era

I know this is more about the division itself, as opposed to the big fights. And, although each challenger was a worthy contender at his time, guys like Trigg, Sherk, BJ and Mach never fought the best WWs in the UFC to get the title shot. The division has definitely evolved. Shots are still given out of order (Condit), but the contenders all fight each other (that's why they all have losses).

Despite that, I enjoyed the Hughes Era the most. He had some of the best rivalries with Newton, Trigg, GSP, and BJ. For some reason, the Hughes-Sherk fight is one of my favorites, too. It was a fun time; BJ threw the division in a tailspin for a year, but Hughes got it back his second run was even better than the first.

TL;DR: Nostalgia. I used to have hair when Hughes fought. I no longer have hair.

Man. Hughes was such a great champ. When he got kicked in the balls and almost finished by Trigg but then he comes back with the slam all the way across the octagon.... that was one of the greatest comebacks ever.

The post-GSP era was interesting and had good fights, but I'll take the GSP era. I prefer when there's a top dog and a bunch of killers trying to dethrone him. Robbie was too dubious as a champion for my taste. Definitely a fun fighter, though.

Man. Hughes was such a great champ. When he got kicked in the balls and almost finished by Trigg but then he comes back with the slam all the way across the octagon.... that was one of the greatest comebacks ever.
Definitely. One of the best fights ever and imo, the greatest comeback ever.

When I show people that fight, I make sure they see the post-fight replays because that's where you can see that Hughes was knocked down. He was hurt from the low-blow, staggered away, and then was DROPPED with 3-4 straight punches right on the chin. After that, the beating began.

Back