The Journey of Self-Discovery

I suppose it depends on the situation.

I have met people who are bizarrely self-confident, but I didn't think they were self-delusional. They weren't saying they were a better fighter than Fedor, smarter than Newton, could eat 100 eggs like Cool Hand Luke, et cetera.

yes, of course. i'm talking about people who are downright bad at something, don't have friends, can't get along with anyone, have no success, etc. oftentimes in order to cope with those realities, said person(s) make up some fantasy about why their inequities are someone else's fault.

I suppose it depends on the situation.

I have met people who are bizarrely self-confident, but I didn't think they were self-delusional. They weren't saying they were a better fighter than Fedor, smarter than Newton, could eat 100 eggs like Cool Hand Luke, et cetera.

I could see myself doing something like this. I like to lie to myself, and set unrealistic goals so that I achieve more than I otherwise would have trying to reach them.

I have an IQ of 139. I had to have an IQ test done in high school. I was oddly in special ed class up until fifth grade. Was pulled out though for math and took a special math class throughout school because yeah I'm horrible at it.

What I am getting at with the whole IQ thing is that I try my hardest not to have an Ego of any kind whatsoever. I have known people who are of a higher intelligence quota act like they are better than everyone else and its wrong on all accounts.

Ego Death is one of the most rewarding experiences one can have and I myself have experienced it on numerous occasions both sober and on Psychedelic drugs. I can say though that Psychedelic drugs have made me have moments where I analyze my life deeply and see all the flaws and faults I have due to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back