The Journey of Self-Discovery

Here's my take on self-discovery

1. Man, I gotta learn how to be cool.
2. Shit... I ain't cool. I gotta learn how to fake being cool.
3A. Damn, I think I'm faking it and making it!
3B. Damn, I'm a fucking loser...
4. Man... FUCK THIS. I don't need to fuckin entertain YOU!
5. YOLO, lemme at that beer can.
6. Man... this is the life... No/Part time job... free time... hanging wit tha homies.
7. Man, what am I doing with my life?
8. Holy shit, I love this girl!
9. Yo girl, I love you.
10. Why isn't this working? I love you, don't go!
11. Bitches ain't shit, get all the pussy I can!
12. Gotta learn how to get laid.
13. Damn, can't get laid. Gotta pretend I'm getting laid so I can parlay that into actually getting laid.
14A. Shit, I got laid and it was great!
14B. Shit, I got laid and it left me empty. But I'll say it was great!
15. Time to pretend to be more put together and happy than I actually am!
16. Man, now I gotta go to college?
17A. Fuck the system! I'm going to party everyday and get so much pussy!
17B. Sweet, now I get to have sex with lots of College chicks!
18. Damn, where's the pussy?
19. I'm so ugly.
20. I guess I should try to get laid.
21. Fuck life.
22. This isn't how I thought things would be at all.
23. Holy shit! Breakthrough! Life is so fucking deep! It's all about being a REAL MAN!
24. Time to exercise, time to start learning how to be a glassblower, time to reinvent myself!
25. Yeah, look at em biceps. Lost 10 lbs.
26. Shit, I feel good.
27. I look good.
28. Yeah dude, I'll go to the party with you.
29. Downward spiral
30. Gain 15 lbs
31. etc etc etc

I thought I was gonna get trolled but that was actually not a bad take on it, and I got a decent laugh.

I think people change through the years of life, sometimes not so much and sometimes a lot. I think certain main aspects of your personality always remain but things like the things you believe in, what you value most, those things certainly change.

I see these young punks today saying how when you have kids, then they become your only priority and they never want that to happen, well see thats the perfect example of what Im saying.

These young punks COULD NEVER IMAGINE how something or somebody could be more important than themselves, but the fact is when you have a kid (and I dont have kids but I understand this) your kid becomes your priority and thats fine if it doesnt make you unhappy, it doesnt mean you lost your life oh my god. You simply CHANGED, your priorities changed, and thats fine, the purpose of life is to be happy and fullfilled and if having a kid makes you feel that way, then certainly you are more of a winner in life than a young punk who is never happy but oh yes his world revolves around only him.

I think that since we all change through life, when you say you come into your own, it means that you feel completely happy and confident in who you are today, and you understand that you might change your ideas later in life so you dont judge others for their own ideas. You are just happy with who you are today

But thats just my opinion

right. or if you do something bad to someone, you say that they deserved it for some reason, even if they really didn't. i've been guilty of that myself many times.

Oh what? Hell nah man. You must be especially fucked up.

So I'm having one of those nights, where you sit back and analyze various aspects of your life. The idea of learning who you are has always been very fascinating to me and I thought I'd ask you sherdoggers your opinion on what it really means to "come into your own"? And also about how you may have changed over the years and if you think you can really express yourself honestly as of today?

So I'm having one of those nights, where you sit back and analyze various aspects of your life. The idea of learning who you are has always been very fascinating to me and I thought I'd ask you sherdoggers your opinion on what it really means to "come into your own"? And also about how you may have changed over the years and if you think you can really express yourself honestly as of today?

How old are you? Just curious.

Do hallucinogenic drugs.

$10 - mid to late teens.

Holy shit, I'm impressed. Good job.

Well TS, let me tell you. Coming from a guy who is right smack-dab in the middle of a mid-life crisis, "coming into your own" is not a finite process.

Between your age and the time you are my age, you will go through many different thought processes, likes and dislikes, loves and hates. You may work your hardest for something that means the world to you, only to have it fall apart into pieces.

The important thing is to pay attention as best you can to the things in your life that are most important and try to focus on them.

aren't you the same guy who wanted to write a screen play about the american teenage experience?

Close.

First off I'm Canadian, the idea was slightly based off my life but was mostly fictional events that I put together in attempt to create a comedy with some sincerity instead of just vulgarity with a half-assed message (not all comedies are like this but some recently have been). It's still in works, right now it's too shitty to show anyone so it's something I'm gonna work on over the next few months or so.

Yes, today I can express myself honestly.

And its the most freeing feeling Ive ever felt.

10 years ago? No. Shit was so complicated. The way I was brought up, the way I thought I was supposed to be, the aspects of life that made no sense.

Now I know myself, and from that, can determine with accuracy my place in society and my purpose in life.

Last edited:
There is a difference between an inflated view of oneself (which is based on perspective) and a practice of self deception (telling yourself that isn't so).

that's just one example; however, in order to get to the point where you're downright delusional about what you are and what you're not, you must have to lie to yourself on a regular basis, or else you'd never believe it.

Holy shit, I'm impressed. Good job.

Well TS, let me tell you. Coming from a guy who is right smack-dab in the middle of a mid-life crisis, "coming into your own" is not a finite process.

Between your age and the time you are my age, you will go through many different thought processes, likes and dislikes, loves and hates. You may work your hardest for something that means the world to you, only to have it fall apart into pieces.

The important thing is to pay attention as best you can to the things in your life that are most important and try to focus on them.
It's not about the destination, it's all about the journey.

QFT. :wink:

Do hallucinogenic drugs.

Actually not too bad of advice if TS is mentally stable. Speaking of TS, your name doesn't happen to be Louden by any chance?

Im formulating my thoughts.

Give a brotha some time for christ sake. When did thread become a race to post sefl-discovery epiphanies.

Lmao you're the one who made the empty post. These threads have been popping up like crazy lately. There's a natural mystic blowing through the air. :cool:

Actually not too bad of advice if TS is mentally stable. Speaking of TS, your name doesn't happen to be Louden by any chance?

I haven't done any drugs further than just weed but I'm not that opposed to some thanks to the Joe Rogan podcast lol.

As for your question, I don't know what Louden is?

I haven't done any drugs further than just weed but I'm not that opposed to some thanks to the Joe Rogan podcast lol.

As for your question, I don't know what Louden is?

Lol of course.

And watch the movie Vision Quest. You should enjoy it.

Back