• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Jon Jones opponents were past their prime/too small for him myth

Yeah I also think shogun was always the better fighter, however Reyes imo will always do better against Jones due to Reyes having longer reach and height and being alot closer to Jones size.

And I believe it would be the same situation with Gus. the Shorter fighters just struggling to get inside of Jones due to his huge reach and very long legs.
LOL No reyes did better against Jon Jones cause Jon Jones is passed his prime. That reach bull shit is another myth, he's not even that much taller than his opponents and reyes reach is only 77 inches to Jon Jones 84! LOL.

It’s the truth, and everybody KNOWS it. I don’t have to lie, or guess if he used peds, or not. He HAS been caught several times. It’s part of the public record. That’s why it’s not fighter bashing.

Here’s “clean” Jones..

View attachment 1043949

Going from losing to Matt Riddle to becoming the youngest UFC champion. Yeah, I’m sure peds had ZERO to do with that, right? He went from losing to Riddle to “the most amazing mma fighter ever”. GTFO.

He will NEVER be considered the GOAT by honest people. The GOAT sticky poll proves that. He’s not even in second place.

He’s actually third.. Just like in the picture above. That’s why he started cheating.

View attachment 1043951
Posting pictures of Jon Jones when he was a child lol man haters are pathetic. There are a lot of mma fighters today who are in the ufc who also wrestled who didn't even place in regionals, is that their cieling too? You do also realize that Jon Jones won state his senior year too right? LOL And you're just some angry hurt little man seething over another mans success.

Jon is the size of a modern day LHW while most of those guys were blown up middleweights, also just look at them next to jon, they were a couple inches shorter than listed. Jon is one of the best fighters ever but he benefited a ton from having a size advantage and fighting in a terrible division. Now he doesn't have a size advantage but fights in an even worse division
None of them were blown up middle weights, most of them had larger walk around weights than he did and some of them even started their carreer at heavyweights. Nice try though.

He was clearly larger than majority of his opponents. Anyone who thinks he was smaller than Shogun, Machida, Belfort, Sonnen or Evans just because at one point they may have weighed more is blind.

Jones going into the Hendo fight even stated he would be 228lbs in the fight and he'd be too big for Hendo. The fight ended up falling through so it didn't matter but those Jones weights quoted are just fictional.

You myth bust nothing while falling for the myth that weight = overall size... if that were the case Sean sherk wouldn't have looked small vs hughes or gsp

You also fall for the myth that age = prime when it's actually a combination of age, fights and wars.

You must think Aldo is still in his prime lol
LOL and if you think height = overall size you're even more delsuional most of his opponents had thicker frames, larger heads, larger rib cages than Jon Jones. Jon Jones is a skelletly tall thin man. But yes posting the stats does infact "MYTH BUST" and you're seething cause you love the myth.

He was clearly larger than majority of his opponents. Anyone who thinks he was smaller than Shogun, Machida, Belfort, Sonnen or Evans just because at one point they may have weighed more is blind.

Jones going into the Hendo fight even stated he would be 228lbs in the fight and he'd be too big for Hendo. The fight ended up falling through so it didn't matter but those Jones weights quoted are just fictional.
This is pretty much the equivillent of "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" lol Nope Jon Jones opponents were all relatively thicker framed larger than he was, he was just a tall skinny kid. Hendo isn't one of Jon Jones opponents just someone who pulled out of their fight, machida is arguably Jon Jones smallest opponent and probably the only one he's legitmatly "bigger than" the rest of them he's just taller. Most of Jon Jones oppoenets walked around at 230 the time he fought them. Stop being defensive over your favorite myth.

LOL Jon Jones is looks better/healthier than most of his opponents cutting to 205, I'm sure he could make middle weight if he wanted and no lol the bulk of his opponents could not make middle weight if they wanted to. Just look at Chael Sonnen, he looked like death cutting to 185 and he did that to get an advantage. All your bro science rhetoric goes against you since it's all shit you pulled out of your own hater ass! LOL.

you are using the eyeball test but calling what I'm doing as bro science lol. If they made 185lb or were on record saying they were considering it(literally one) then I consider them middleweights. That isn't bro science, bro looks like death and bro looks good is broscience moron lmao

Shogun has said he considered a move to 185lb around 2012-2013.

Lyoto
Rashad
Vitor
Chael
Smith
Santos

That's 7 of his 13 title fights at 205lb. That means majority of his opponents in title fights could make 185lbs. Me clarifying in title fights not entire career is the only detail I left out which is pointless since majority of his career wins are title fights so who cares.

I don't hate jones and didn't pull anything out my ass you're just in love with a pro athlete lol I'm a Jones fan he's the goat you're just unhinged lol

This is pretty much the equivillent of "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" lol Nope Jon Jones opponents were all relatively thicker framed larger than he was, he was just a tall skinny kid. Hendo isn't one of Jon Jones opponents just someone who pulled out of their fight, machida is arguably Jon Jones smallest opponent and probably the only one he's legitmatly "bigger than" the rest of them he's just taller. Most of Jon Jones oppoenets walked around at 230 the time he fought them. Stop being defensive over your favorite myth.

You think Chael who fought nearly his entire career at 185lbs was bigger than Jones. You can't be this clueless. Jones would die if he attempted to make 185lbs.

He has too many wins to discredit him at this point. The Reyes fight and first Gustafsson fight were his worst performances, so I would say he struggles with taller fighters with longer reaches more but he still beat them all (minus Reyes).

Jones opponents were often past their prime and small.

A lot of those heights are inflated, the Carwin treatment. Many of those fighters also ended up fighting at middleweight (or should have in Shogun's case) or were middleweights. Jones has a phenomenal resume but to deny he wasn't mainly fighting guys smaller and a bit past their primes is silly. Even a few years past their prime is a long time in mma, look at Tony Ferguson. Shogun's prime years were in Pride, Rampage's physical prime was in Pride, but became a smarter fighter towards the end of Pride and the beginning of his UFC run (he also had some fights outside of both orgs). Rashad was three years from losing the belt to Lyoto but also three years from the start of a five fight losing streak, etc., etc. Jones was in his physical prime in his 20's for that amazing early run and most of his opponents had been fighting for a long time (especially Vitor), older in the cage than their actual years.
Again he has a great resume and he may have still beaten everyone in their prime years, but in a lot of cases they weren't. I think it can be argued some while past their physical primes were smarter fighter and better overall fighters than they were in their physical primes (like Glover). You can do this with a lot of fighters though so it's not like Jones is some great exception, a lot of the greats ended up having to beat the previous generation's greats.

LOL No reyes did better against Jon Jones cause Jon Jones is passed his prime. That reach bull shit is another myth, he's not even that much taller than his opponents and reyes reach is only 77 inches to Jon Jones 84! LOL.
so was Jones out of his prime against Gustaffson?

None of them were blown up middle weights, most of them had larger walk around weights than he did and some of them even started their carreer at heavyweights. Nice try though.
almost no LHW is under 6'2 today, most of the guys Jon fought were 5'11. Height doesn't = weight but they had small frames and today would walk around at a lighter weight to make 185. Jon is a modern sized LHW while most of his opponents are modern day 185ers, every division today is filled with larger fighters than 10-15 years ago

LOL and if you think height = overall size you're even more delsuional most of his opponents had thicker frames, larger heads, larger rib cages than Jon Jones. Jon Jones is a skelletly tall thin man. But yes posting the stats does infact "MYTH BUST" and you're seething cause you love the myth.

Good to know you're going around measuring skulls and rib cages my man. You're the first Sherbro to be so thorough.

So now that JBJ is like 300 lbs make sure to measure his rib cage and tell us how thin he is despite what our lying eyes tell us

Back