The Jon Jones opponents were past their prime/too small for him myth

When it comes to fighting, there are only two reasons you can hate on Jonny. Eyepokes and failed tests.
Truly, because if you look past fighting youd see his attitude, demeanor, and personal life are immaculate

Half them lost their souls in pride. Its another mcgregor stunt where goofball Dana markets a fighter to make all the money based on weak champions

The thing is what is he supposed to do, tone down his physical attributes????

There's nothing unfair about it, everyone is built different. There are pluses and minuses to Jones build (and everyone else's) but he learned how to compensate for that,esp w his elbows and wrestling in close
yeah ofc

I have a post about this somewhere.

Jones has a half dozen opponents who competed at HW and even won titles at HW/LHW, only a couple were true middleweights (Sonnen, for example).

As far as past their prime, when Jones started beating UFC champions, he beat them in succession to who had recently held the title.

I have a post about this somewhere.

Jones has a half dozen opponents who competed at HW and even won titles at HW/LHW, only a couple were true middleweights (Sonnen, for example).

As far as past their prime, when Jones started beating UFC champions, he beat them in succession to who had recently held the title.
Machida wasn’t a middleweight when he was weighing in at 199, 201 and 202? Belfort wasn’t a middleweight when he was 204 fighting at middleweight for 5 years and only took the jones fight on a few weeks notice?

Also there was the Anderson Silva thing or Machida would have moved down sooner. A lot of those guys couldn't cut it in the new era of LHW that Jones ushered in, they were just too small and I'm not sure how scale weights and "walk-around" weights from unknown sources disprove that, it was just objectively true. I mean Machida dropped divisions and then got size-wrecked again by Rockhold and Chris

205lbs moreso than any division I think was a bit of a holdout against cutting because prior to Andersons fights with Sonnen and Vitor it was a much richer division, a lot of guys who might have considred 185lbs even back in the 00's stayed at 205lbs because the money was better.

Last edited:
Walk around weight is different from what they actually weighed fight night. Some guys got out of shape between camps and carry more body fat than the lean LHW Jones.

Can you do a eye poke comparison too?
We thank you for your contribution to science :)

205lbs moreso than any division I think was a bit of a holdout against cutting because prior to Andersons fights with Sonnen and Vitor it was a much richer division, a lot of guys who fight have considred 185lbs even back in the 00's stayed at 205lbs because the money was better.
Excellent point, I never considered the money angle. I started following during the Machida Era and LHW seemed to me like the premier division, at least I thought it was the most interesting.

Excellent point, I never considered the money angle. I started following during the Machida Era and LHW seemed to me like the premier division, at least I thought it was the most interesting.
Money and prestige I spose, 205lbs was I think the premier division in the UFC and in Pride the main cards were for awhile HW and 205lbs only.

Prior to Jones I don't think there had been someone who could exploit being a heavy cutter at 205lbs, guys like Reem and Forrest were a similar size but had pretty clear weaknesses.

How could you know Jones’ walk around weight before each fight? How is that relevant when most people are talking about his reach and his height?

How could you know Jones’ walk around weight before each fight? How is that relevant when most people are talking about his reach and his height?
He doesn’t, he’s making stuff up. Jones said he was 224 pounds when he fought Rashad , on the night, but this guy is saying he was only 219

b-b-b-but Jones was taller than all of his opponents

Height gives him an unfair advantage !!

{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}

View attachment 1044008

So 7 out of 25 opponents were kinda the same height as him - still not accounting for reach. Great!

(I don't think being taller and bigger than his opponents tarnishes his victories, there are many tall guys but one Jon Jones, but you've got to own it man, not grasp at straws)

Jon's other opponents were smaller, including his fiance, a female no less.

If Jon did anything like today's new pdiddy CNN video, oh man.

its bs theres literally a thread here where the stats have been shown in all of the division

32 years old was the prime age for all the LHW champs
jones beat fighters with an average age of
29-32 years of age

he also has the best and hardest resume
dude literaly fought the whos who in the begginning

dude suplexed a big LHW like bonnar
wahaha pretty sure hes a MW too bro (according to weird jones haters)
Nothing wierd about hating Jones. I think his fans are the weird ones. They're def in denial

Are you friends with jones? How do you know his walk around weight? And do you even know what means?

Back