The Jon Jones opponents were past their prime/too small for him myth

That is false actually, he has not always been heavier than his opponents and this how I know you are just ranting. You can go through his fights during his time as a UFC fighter and see that is actually false. A little research can clear that up, especially when he was young.

I think this debate is more about you than jones. You are seething at the mouth about this and your comments are very angry. Take some time to get off the internet and enjoy the day.

Good day and may god bless you.
That is absolutely true, he has always been heavier. I don't think Jon as ever weighed less than the absolute legal limit + he was weight cutting. So yeah, show me who were heavier than him, or lose all credibility.

Why would I be angry? You are sorta entertaining to debate with because you are so far from reality that it is like a twist in a movie - like, wtf are you going to say next. Will it be that Jon doping was actually a benefit for his opponent? Will it be that him being bigger than his opponent is actually terrible for him....Ohh shit, you already went there:D

That is absolutely true, he has always been heavier. I don't think Jon as ever weighed less than the absolute legal limit + he was weight cutting. So yeah, show me who were heavier than him, or lose all credibility.

Why would I be angry? You are sorta entertaining to debate with because you are so far from reality that it is like a twist in a movie - like, wtf are you going to say next.

No, for instance he was not heavier in the Bonnar fight. and Cormier was also heavier than Jones at UFC 214 for instance. 204.5- 205.

It would be almost impossible for Jones to be heavier than everyone he ever fought. You would have to be in another world to make that statement. I think you are and you do seem upset.

Good day and take care.

Last edited:
No, for instance he was not heavier in the Bonnar fight. and Cormier was also heavier than Jones at UFC 214 for instance. 204.5- 205.

It would be almost impossible for Jones to be heavier than everyone he ever fought. You would have to be in another world to make that statement. I think you are and you do seem upset.

Good day and take care.
Bonnar and jones both weighed 206 pounds + weight cutting.

I will eat my words with DC, Jon was only 204.5 vs 205. It is Incredible that he could get his weight down there while looking that big, anyone else would have to dope or something to do that. Respect to Jon for doing it clean.

Bonnar and jones both weighed 206 pounds + weight cutting.

I will eat my words with DC, Jon was only 204.5 vs 205. It is Incredible that he could get his weight down there while looking that big, anyone else would have to dope or something to do that. Respect to Jon for doing it clean.

There have been a lot more times than that but at least you acknowledge the goodness of saint Jones.

God Bless you and may you have a wonderful day.

He has the perfect body type / frame. A big muscular torso, long arms and long skinny legs which allows him to be massive without carrying too much weight. If he had thighs like Bendo or Cormier he would have been a heavyweight from the beginning and it would have been a different ball game.
He's actually perfectly suited for LHW and him coming from a wrestling background with a natural aptitude to learn other styles quickly make him the perfect fighter

No way I'm reading all that.

I honestly don't care about Juicehead cheater enough to read the long winded revisionisms of his tainted career.

Just either fight, or fuck off Jon. Stop stalling up the division.
LOL You have over 41k messages on here. If you didnt care about Jones you'd probably have a fraction of that.

I dont get these threads

YES, jones was taller and had a stupid reach compared to most ppl he fought, which tremendously helped him set up his gameplan throughout his career. That said, he was a great rassler to start of with, or such plans wouldnt have worked.

Denying his reach/size advantage is just stupid, tho.

I dont get these threads

YES, jones was taller and had a stupid reach compared to most ppl he fought, which tremendously helped him set up his gameplan throughout his career. That said, he was a great rassler to start of with, or such plans wouldnt have worked.

Denying his reach/size advantage is just stupid, tho.
He has all the same attributes as Overeem did at LHW. Remember how Overeem ran roughshod over all of Pride back then? No? I didnt think so.
Jones's reach is an attiibute a lot of fighters have had but people act like he's the only one who's ever been tall and skinny with a big reach advantage.

Jones had the biggest frame for LHW, but didn't cut the most weight. He probably weighed less than many opponents in the cage. I can't believe this is still a debate here. Jones doesn't look like most of the skeletors we have weighing in today. His height and reach were a huge advantage, but he never had KO power and he made it work.

He has all the same attributes as Overeem did at LHW. Remember how Overeem ran roughshod over all of Pride back then? No? I didnt think so.
Jones's reach is an attiibute a lot of fighters have had but people act like he's the only one who's ever been tall and skinny with a big reach advantage.
No, Jon is the only one of all the fighters with long reach (of which Jon is the one with the longest), that completely on purpose clawed peoples faces and tried to eye poke them. He admitted it. We have seen it. UFC had to make new rules because of him.

And you mention Reem - His reach is 76 inches. Jons is 84.5.

Haters gonna hate. You can chop up any all time greats resume to discredit them. The comp that GSP faced was significantly weaker than the WW today but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be exceptional even today.

Its pretty much undeniable that the bulk of Jones opponents were already past their prime.

Hes running out of possible opponents and time. Stipe is cooked. And Aspinall is still green. He wont fight Ngannou (who is already aging out of the sport by every objective metric)
Meanwhile Jones was totally in his prime when he was 23 years old by comparison eh

They weren't out of prime, but light heavyweights were definitely smaller back then. Jones had a height and reach advantage over everyone he fought and when he faced a fighter his size in Gus he was a lot less dominant.

Jones said he weighed 224 pounds when he fought Rashad. Rashad said he weighed between 210-215 his entire light heavyweight career

Lyoto Machida weighed in at 204 against jones, but maybe he was cutting a lot? He weighed in at 202 in his next fight against bader and 201 when he fought henderson after that, and had previously weighed in at 199, so maybe not

Belfort coach said he would weigh 204 pounds against Anthony Johnson at UFC 142. Maybe he was lying but i don’t think assuming deception is a fair position to take, plus 204 is good size for middleweight, even yoel romero only weighed 207 pounds when he fought paulo costa.
He fought jones on one weeks notice at UFC 152 while training for a middleweight bout against Alan belcher. It had been exactly 5 years between his last bout at 205 and his fight against jones.
Plus when he fought at heavyweight he only weighed 215 against tank Abbott and was noticeably bigger

Nope, DC was the only one.
How could DC be the only one when you already acknowledged that Bonnar was a fight that jones did not weigh more than him.

That would be DC and Bonnar.

You could do a search and see that also Gusmao, Obrien, Hammill, Matyushenko, Rua, Sonnen, Gustafson, Glover, St Pruex, Gustason 2, and Reyes.

All were the same weight or weighed more. https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/jon-jones-bones

It just takes some research to find it out, The idea you would stick to this nonsense is ridiculous. As I said it would be damn near impossible for jones to have weighed more than everyone he fought. That is a lot of people.

I think Jones is the GOAT... but the OP is literally just making shit up... Machida was a tiny LHW... he was small on purpose and used his speed to win fights... OP just made up a bunch of random walk around weights.... Rashad was always small... The only fighter I know for a fact cut more weight than Jon Jones that was documented was DC..... Rampage, Vera, Gus, OSP all probably weighed about the same as him.... the other guys were a lot smaller that you listed... Vitor, Machida, Rasha, Chael, Shogun, Smith, Santos, Reyes were all clearly smaller than him...

but I don't care? they all were good LHW's and size matters a lot less than most people think... its using your size and skills to the best of your abilities... DC has the weirdest paramaters ever and he is an all time great... dude was shorter with less reach than GSP and tooled on HW's... anyways.

Uh why is anybody working with scale weight? It's all about fight night weight.
If Jones is half a pound lighter than somebody on the scale, his own or hotel scale was just a little off or the weight guy rounded up or down. It usually is closer to a quarter pound, which is 100 gramm
And Jones was lying a lot about his fight night weight in the past. Just the same lies as about everything else.

Not hating though, he has the best built for fighting, somebody has to be. And like Diaz says everybody is on.

Saying that Jones is 215 for 3 fights straight and then 219 for another 3 straight is just false information

Uh why is anybody working with scale weight? It's all about fight night weight.
If Jones is half a pound lighter than somebody on the scale, his own or hotel scale was just a little off or the weight guy rounded up or down. It usually is closer to a quarter pound, which is 100 gramm
And Jones was lying a lot about his fight night weight in the past. Just the same lies as about everything else.

Not hating though, he has the best built for fighting, somebody has to be. And like Diaz says everybody is on.

Saying that Jones is 215 for 3 fights straight and then 219 for another 3 straight is just false information

Until you can get accurate fight night weight scale information and do that research this is what we go on. I can say the sky is orange until the facts come out.

Go out and get that information.

Back