The Jesus juice can only get you so far - Religiousity of the champions

Tentacle

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Alot of fighters appear to be religious and quite alot of fighters are praising the lord after their fights. However, it seem to me that the champions, the ones with belts now, seem to be not religious or at least not expressing their faiths openly to a lesser degree. Is this understanding correct?

Is it the Fedor factor - Patriotic Fedor smashed people, religious Fedor got smashed?
Is it business sense?

1. Joanna - No religious expressions.
2. Holly Holm - No religious expressions.
3. Johnson - No religious expressions.
3. Werdum - No religious expressions.
4. Cormier - No religious expressions.
5. Rockhold - No religious expressions.
6. McGregor - Possibly satanist/antichrist according to some.
7. Cruz - No religious expressions.
8. Lawler - Follower of Khorne. Blood for the Blood god, skulls for the skull throne

latest

And yes, this is partly a Lawler appreciation thread.

Gay jesus is one thing, but now we are talking about Jesus' juice?

UFC aren't big fans of "fo ghey jesus" talk, so the champs know how to behave in the post fight interviews

Also Khorne is by far the least interesting and most overrated of the 4 gods

Still can't get over McGregor being champ. The fuck happened?

UFC aren't big fans of "fo ghey jesus" talk, so the champs know how to behave in the post fight interviews

Also Khorne is by far the least interesting and most overrated of the 4 gods

That sounds reasonably enough but I don't think they said anything before coming champs either.

About the second part. You are entitled to your opinion. I would follow Khorne myself but would probably see Slaneesh as most interesting in terms of personality/lore.

Religious..ity.. city.. religiousity..religiosity

Carry on. This is gonna take me a moment.

What are you on about TS?

-Joanna kisses the cross all the time.
-Holly's nickname is The Preacher's Daughter.

These are athletes, not scientists. If they were really into maths and science and deductive reasoning they'd be doctors, physicists and engineers and not people who punch and kick others for a living.

Alot of fighters appear to be religious and quite alot of fighters are praising the lord after their fights. However, it seem to me that the champions, the ones with belts now, seem to be not religious or at least not expressing their faiths openly to a lesser degree. Is this understanding correct?

Is it the Fedor factor - Patriotic Fedor smashed people, religious Fedor got smashed?
Is it business sense?

1. Joanna - No religious expressions.-lol..
2. Holly Holm - No religious expressions.-christian
3. Johnson - No religious expressions.-christian
3. Werdum - No religious expressions.-Brazilian
4. Cormier - No religious expressions.-talks about god all the time
5. Rockhold - No religious expressions.-can't tell you this one
6. McGregor - Possibly satanist/antichrist according to some.- lol'd
7. Cruz - No religious expressions.-literally talked about god after winning his last fight but not in the cage
8. Lawler - Follower of Khorne. Blood for the Blood god, skulls for the skull throne- talks about god

latest

TS I feel like you've never watched other interviews/embedded's of these fighters other than a post fight pres or in cage interview. Albeit you have a very weak point still, they're not overly zealous about what they believe to be or not to be. Do I think it's related? No.

Back