The IT technician is fighting Jones in 2 weeks time

27rl04.jpg
thats funny but he doesnt....looks like just the bookmarks bar lol

meme spot on though, toolbars are an immediate sign

I think Reyes has the best chance with his style of any recent Jones' opponent. nobody *expects* him to win (well maybe Reyes does and his teeam) and there's no shame in losing to Jones.
Anyway, Jones fights are generally good, and as we're still a little starved of recent events, really looking forward to this one.
THat's it. Reyes has the Buster Douglas chance to win, 1:42. Nobody expects him to do anything, so he might surprise us.
Just checked the odds, and Jones is only 4.5:1 favorite. I can only imagine how everybody felt when they bet on Mike with that 42:1 odds.

The ufc sucks

No one cares about these bum fights

chill out dude, ufc may sux, but its the best organization we got right now.

Reyes is the best pure striker at light heavyweight in my opinion.
Very accurate, solid power, fluent with both hands and kicks and really good footwork.
If Reyes is able to deal with Jones' wrestling physically and/or the threat of Jones' wrestling mentally, he's got a bigger chance than many of you think.

...and in case someone says "Gus was a big guy with good striking as well" yeah he was, but he's not as powerful as Reyes nor is his kicking-game on the same level.

He's going to win via stoppage after Jones slips on a suspiciously placed mouse pad (they still exist, right?) and ruptures his ACL.

Reyes is the best pure striker at light heavyweight in my opinion.
Very accurate, solid power, fluent with both hands and kicks and really good footwork.
If Reyes is able to deal with Jones' wrestling physically and/or the threat of Jones' wrestling mentally, he's got a bigger chance than many of you think.

...and in case someone says "Gus was a big guy with good striking as well" yeah he was, but he's not as powerful as Reyes nor is his kicking-game on the same level.

GUs is the pure striker, but he doesn't pack power

GUs is the pure striker, but he doesn't pack power
Depends on what we mean with that word, right?
Just meant to say that Reyes is a really good/great striker in all areas; technique, power, accuracy, footwork etc.

Depends on what we mean with that word, right?
Just meant to say that Reyes is a really good/great striker in all areas; technique, power, accuracy, footwork etc.

Well, the Weedman fight didn't show us anything. ANd the fight before that was dull. But instinctively I always root for the big underdog.

I’m actually thinking about picking Reyes on this. Not because I think he’s so amazing, but because I think Jones is declining. Maybe it’s a natural decline, maybe it’s related to no PEDs, maybe both. But if you fight long enough, everyone gets beat. That doesn’t mean Reyes is the guy, but he is a big dude that could potentially close distance and catch Jones with something.

Reyes by bandwidth throttle.

I’m actually thinking about picking Reyes on this. Not because I think he’s so amazing, but because I think Jones is declining. Maybe it’s a natural decline, maybe it’s related to no PEDs, maybe both. But if you fight long enough, everyone gets beat. That doesn’t mean Reyes is the guy, but he is a big dude that could potentially close distance and catch Jones with something.
any proof that johny is declining?

Reyes has a much better chance than people give him credit for.

God I can't believe my post hasn't gone viral. So funny.

any proof that johny is declining?
I don’t think I know what you mean by that. Do I need to present biometric screening results, or 40 yard dash times over a period of years? I’m giving an opinion based on his performances of course. You feel like you’re watching the same Jones who finished Rampage, Shogun, Machida, or Belfort? That was years ago, and Jones’ performances aren’t nearly as inspiring. He’s still sometimes dominant by using his physical gifts (and technique).
I think when Jones inevitably loses a few fights, we’ll look back at this time period and ask why we didn’t see it coming.

Jones wins and I can bet my sig on that.
And I hate the fucker.

I want Reyes to win but of course I favour Jones.
If Jones is going to win I hope we see some of the creativity and violence that he brought duringhis rise. Although I'm starting to suspect that Jon is gone.

I don’t think I know what you mean by that. Do I need to present biometric screening results, or 40 yard dash times over a period of years? I’m giving an opinion based on his performances of course. You feel like you’re watching the same Jones who finished Rampage, Shogun, Machida, or Belfort? That was years ago, and Jones’ performances aren’t nearly as inspiring. He’s still sometimes dominant by using his physical gifts (and technique).
I think when Jones inevitably loses a few fights, we’ll look back at this time period and ask why we didn’t see it coming.

he has become more patient and has cut down the arsenal. but still efficient.
Was surprised to see he had no answer to Mareta though, Mareta clearly won that fight.

he has become more patient and has cut down the arsenal. but still efficient.
Was surprised to see he had no answer to Mareta though, Mareta clearly won that fight.
I actually scored the fight for Jones, but I also haven’t watched it again since. Definitely not Jones’ best performance. And you’re right, he’s certainly still efficient. We’ll see what Reyes has for him.

+350 is tempting. No one stays on top forever. If he doesnt lost at LHW i can see his first loss coming at HW. I wonder what the line on JBJ vs Stipe would be...

Stipe should be the favorite. I'd love that fight. Too bad DC sidelined him with eye injuries.

Back